Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Anyone think DWZ signing for only one year is kinda fishy?

Not quite sure who would have been driving the 1 yr extension, but surely it wasn't DWZ as he had a career best year so is at the height of his powers.

We don't have a heck of a lot after him at wing, but imaging losing him, SJ and Tohu at the same time at the end of nek year. Potentially 700 games experience disappearing at the same time...

Not quite sure who would have been driving the 1 yr extension, but surely it wasn't DWZ as he had a career best year so is at the height of his powers.

We don't have a heck of a lot after him at wing, but imaging losing him, SJ and Tohu at the same time at the end of nek year. Potentially 700 games experience disappearing at the same time...
Isn't it a 2 year extension?

Edit: I'm wrong. I guess it just stops anyone talking to him for the next 12 months...

I like it, we back ourselves to resign him if he keeps this standard up.
Also keeps our options open if he somehow loses that speed like a lot of outside backs do approaching 30.

Not for me. Past his best.
Must be a better younger option
Only worry for me would be the amount of injuries he had last year that kept him off the field. Apart from that being someone who came from the club I think is a positive and another kicking option. He’s the same age as Tohu so if there’s life in his legs I reckon Taukieho could add something to the squad.

Only worry for me would be the amount of injuries he had last year that kept him off the field. Apart from that being someone who came from the club I think is a positive and another kicking option. He’s the same age as Tohu so if there’s life in his legs I reckon Taukieho could add something to the squad.
Only concern? Of the games he played, most of them he was on the bench. Have a look at the Catalans props list, to see the players chosen ahead of him. Though to be fair, by the end of the season he seemed to be winning one of the prop starting positions from French legend Romain Navarrete...

Atleast BMM was actually playing half decent in ESL, and Tomkins was a star in the ESL when we signed him.

#retirementcontract

Only concern? Of the games he played, most of them he was on the bench. Have a look at the Catalans props list, to see the players chosen ahead of him. Though to be fair, by the end of the season he seemed to be winning one of the prop starting positions from French legend Romain Navarrete...

Atleast BMM was actually playing half decent in ESL, and Tomkins was a star in the ESL when we signed him.

#retirementcontract

No from you then?

Sounds like it’s by no means SJ’s last season and a decision will be made at the time and we’ve got a little bit of money for an experienced forward.

Found this bit interesting….

As far as an extension goes, McFadden said: “Luke’s probably in a similar situation. We’ve got Chanel Harris-Tevita, we’ve got Te Maire Martin, we’ve got Shaun, so we don’t know how that’s all going to pan out next season.

No mention of volkman…

Found this bit interesting….

As far as an extension goes, McFadden said: “Luke’s probably in a similar situation. We’ve got Chanel Harris-Tevita, we’ve got Te Maire Martin, we’ve got Shaun, so we don’t know how that’s all going to pan out next season.

No mention of volkman…
I took it no mention of Volkman because he’s signed for 2025 and Metcalf can be negotiated with because he’s off contract at the end of 2024.

DWZ has always had defensive issues, jamming and not sticking. For me this is a 'you need to sort that out if you want an extension'. Obviously has a lot of positives so don't want to lose him before we give him time under our new system and potentially a consistent centre inside him. Happy with it.

I took it no mention of Volkman because he’s signed for 2025 and Metcalf can be negotiated with because he’s off contract at the end of 2024.
Yes but he mentioned tmm and cht who are signed up till 2025 and beyond.
McFadden is speaking on the future of our halves and Ronny doesn’t rate a mention….
If he can’t see a pathway here he may look elsewhere- there’d be people whispering in his ear.

Back