General Wellington NRL side: Hope for for NU?

JonB_old

Northern Warriors, Central Orcas, Southern Inbreds (couldn't think of a suitable nickname for Christchurch?)

i come from fine Scottish, English, Irish, Dutch, Maori and German heritage. As a southern man I assure you I am anything but inbred. I can not speak for my fellow south islanders from places such as Gore and the Westlands and specific Timaruisians that drive courrier vans.

Good day.

Northern_Union

Inbreeding is just safe sex! Speaking of inbreeding, Jon, while you travel through Timaru are you infact on your way to Waimate?

Northern_Union

Inbreeding is just safe sex! Speaking of inbreeding, Jon, while you travel through Timaru are you infact on your way to Waimate?

Northern_Union

haha, I might of once... or twice, what of it?

Did you drink the water down there? There is a saying "Where do Waimate men go to meet woman? To family reunions".
That about covers it all.

JonB_old

I see.
One thing you probably won't find interesting at all is that in Maori Waimatae means dead waters.
Probably explains something about the DNA down there.

kane_old

I'll be going to the game in round 16 in Christchurch. Should be good for the game down this way.

LordGnome_old

i come from fine Scottish, English, Irish, Dutch, Maori and German heritage. As a southern man I assure you I am anything but inbred. I can not speak for my fellow south islanders from places such as Gore and the Westlands and specific Timaruisians that drive courrier vans.

Good day.

Is that why Cantabrians are so good at rugby union (one hand with seven fingers and the other with webbing, aids with the catching of the ball?)

JonB_old

Is that why Cantabrians are so good at rugby union (one hand with seven fingers and the other with webbing, aids with the catching of the ball?)

Nah we all have big hairy bollocks. (extra testosterone you see...)

kiwi's 13-6_old

if its wellington or christchurch (wouldnt be able to be called canterbury as the bulldogs have that name shown up) they need to generate ground level suppourt and find way to gtt there nrl bid in the media spotlight on a regular basis!

Jesbass_old

Actually, you raise a good point - is the Wellington bid even still alive? I've not heard much (anything?) from it since the Gold Coast entered the NRL.

Northern_Union

Yeah it's still alive. The chairman of the Wellington RL is pushing it and he is also a businesman. Can't remember his name but he on the radio talking about just before christmas.

Jesbass_old

Glad to hear it's still alive, even if I'm undecided on its viability. Is this the Dutch (Belgian?) businessman who was interested in the original bid?

Northern_Union

The Belgian business man is long gone. I think he was part of the Ken Laban push for the Wellington Dolphins.