General Week 1 Finals predictions

ToiletDuck_old

Alright so I know it's a tad early in the week for this..

But predictions?

Titans v Warriors
Tigers v Roosters
Panthers v Canberra
Dragons v Manly

I think this finals series will be a little more straight forward than the last couple.

Wins for the home 4 teams.

Although the only one of those I'm confident on is the Drags game.

sebastian_old

I think us & the Roosters have a good chance of an upset. I think Canberra + Manly are goneski.

BringBackRovelli_old

Ok, if I were a betting man and had a loose grand lying around, I'd go

Roosters out
Panthers out in 2 sets
Dragons win for sure

Not game enough to call ours

sebastian_old

I think 7th will hurt Canberra, I reckon they were a better chance against St. George than Penrith.

Swanley_old

Titans v Warriors - Titans
Tigers v Roosters = Tigers
Panthers v Canberra - Panthers
Dragons v Manly - Dragons

Moz_old

Titans v Warriors = Warriors
Tigers v Roosters = Tigers
Panthers v Canberra = Penrith
Dragons v Manly = Dragons

prediction there will be more kiwis at skilled park barracking for Warriors than Titans fans

Edifier_old

Warriors
Tigers
Canberra
Dragons

Although, I want Penrith to win - as bottom two will be gone - and we play Roosters at home if calculations are right?

Lego_Man_old

Titans to win a heartbreaker.
Roosters to flog the Tigers.
Raiders to manhandle a Hetero- and Bill Walsh-less Panthers.
Dragons to flog Manly.

Sea Eagles and Warriors eliminated Week 1.

ToiletDuck_old

Titans to win a heartbreaker.
Roosters to flog the Tigers.
Raiders to manhandle a Hetero- and Bill Walsh-less Panthers.
Dragons to flog Manly.

Sea Eagles and Warriors eliminated Week 1.

What have you based your Roosters prediction on? A few weeks ago when they were flying you predicted they'd flop, now they have flopped you're picking them? Not that it's unlikely to happen, just interested to hear your thought process.

insulinboi_old

Not sure how we will go. Sadly I think we will lose... but theres always hope.

We should be ok though to grab a second game as the Dragons will destroy Manly and the Tigers will comfortably beat the Roosters.

I expect the Panthers to win, But a Raiders victory would not surprise.

Titans - Warriors: Titans 1-12
Tigers - Roosters: Tigers 13+
Panthers - Raiders: *unknown*
Dragons - Manly: Dragons 13+

This would set us up with a week 2 away game, up against The Raiders or Tigers.

Lego_Man_old

What have you based your Roosters prediction on? A few weeks ago when they were flying you predicted they'd flop, now they have flopped you're picking them? Not that it's unlikely to happen, just interested to hear your thought process.

I cant remember ever saying this, but OK.

Basically i think they're a good team due for a win. Gut feel is they'll fire up now after a few weeks of mediocrity - Brian Smith is pretty savvy and he may have been holding something back for the finals series. Also the Tigers will be without McKinnon and Lawrence (i think?), whilst the Roosters have been able to rest a few players with niggling injuries. IMO Roosters will toast them up the middle and then their halves will control things from there.

PLUS, and this is the huge plus...the game is going to be played at the SFS, nullifying the home ground factor. Roosters will be very comfortable there.

I'm backing the Roosters all the way. Which means we need to pray for Penrith to fire up.

Kabba_old

My predictions;

Titans 1-12 (Just think they are too strong at home)
Penriff 1-12 (Won't win the comp, but will beat Canberra at home)
Tigpies 1-12 (Just think they'll win this one)
Dragons 13+ (Homos)

prediction there will be more kiwis at skilled park barracking for Warriors than Titans fans

Probably a pretty good chance of that happening, there's a shedload of Kiwis between the GC and Briss(only about an hours drive to Skilled from there, or a bit longer on the train which terminates right outside Skilled).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tajhay_old

My predictions;

Titans 1-12 (Just think they are too strong at home)
Penriff 1-12 (Won't win the comp, but will beat Canberra at home)
Tigpies 1-12 (Just think they'll win this one)
Dragons 13+ (Homos)

Probably a pretty good chance of that happening, there's a shedload of Kiwis between the GC and Brissy (only about an hours drive to Skilled from there, or a bit longer on the train which terminates right outside Skilled).

Yeah warriors supporters bay tix nearly exhausted :)

Lego_Man_old

Well, you called me a spaz for predicting the Sharks to beat them...and they did.

You were all plumping for them to finish 2 or 3.

David Bragg_old

Warriors 30-12
Roosters 30-12
Canberra 24-10
St George 28-8

No particular reason

ToiletDuck_old

Well, you called me a spaz for predicting the Sharks to beat them...and they did.

You were all plumping for them to finish 2 or 3.

Haha first you can't remember even making the call, now you're claiming it. Make up your mind.

Kav_old

I have confidence that we can beat the Titans due to their injury worries and the fact that we are coming home strongly.
Panthers will be too strong at home against the gallant Raiders.
I am picking the Roosters to just beat the Tigers - I think they played within themselves against the Cowboys and the Tigers are struggling with injuries to key personnel.
The Dragons will coast home against the depleted Sea Eagles.

Northern_Union

I also think we're due against the Titans. They were lucky to get us over here two months ago. Added to that we're in a different place mentally now than when we last met them, they on the hand have plateaued and will now be vunerable.