Support/Announcement Website updates

tajhay

🏉
Very Small request:

Can you mods tell the system to differentiate between green and Green? I realise that's way down in terms of importance, of course, given everything else you guys do and it's just a clean-up thing...

It's a bit weird when some forummer talks about so-and-so being green and lo-and-behold that word becomes red and creates a link to Blake Green's thread. I suppose it's complicated because what if someone is talking about BG and can't be bothered using caps, yeah? :)

See? Done it to me four times.
Yeah noticed it many times. It does need an update so will try to do it in coming weeks.

tajhay

🏉
New Feature - Sticky Poster Information (not that kind of sticky poster)

A feature has been added on desktop that some users may wish to disable hence documenting this. Note this feature does not work on mobiles.

On Desktop(and Tablets), when you browse a thread, the post's user information will stay stickied on the side so you can still see who posted it. This is especially useful in larger posts.

The video below has details on what it looks like. It also shows what you need to click on your user Preferences section to disable it.

Theres quite a lot of new things added over past 12 months i.e. mobile app (which i know some people have found their way through themselves) without it ever being documented that will be on this thread someday when time permits.

Reactions: Miket12 and bruce

tajhay

🏉
Added 17.07.2022 - Threads/conversations will be updated in realtime, if you are on the conversation/thread for example. You 'should' also see '[avatar] typing' at the bottom of the screen. Useful for high traffic threads such as gameday, which will mean people wont have to refresh threads anymore.

Note: Currently only available to registered users and not guests. It may be further limited to users with 50+ posts in past year etc as it is fairly resource intensive. If you spot an issue with it, please let me know.

tajhay

🏉
Just a heads up that the site could potentially be down for a day around 23/24 of this month. Apologies in advance.

Nerd blurb:
The site's security certificate is expiring on 23rd and the host has switched hands and can no longer support providing a decent ssl certificate. Organising to switch over to another host that can provide decent ssl certs.