General Webb for the all blacks ?

Sinbad_old

Just watched the footy show on Prime. In the around the grounds it was mentioned that the all blacks are considering Brent Webb ????????

Are they for real ?

A few other rumours were also discussed,did anyone else see the segement ?

*Kimmy*_old

Yeh i saw it!!

Woah..i never thought Webb was being serious..i thought his agent was trying to get him a bigger contract!!

Damn i want him to stay at the warriors!!!

Wiki_old

Unless I hear it from the NZRU I ain't really buying into it.

To tell you the truth the All Blacks have far to much depth at the moment to consider taking an expensive gamble on a league player.

warriors4life_old

Yeah, and if Webb was to play for the All Blacks what position would he play? He wouldn't be up to the standard of fullbacks like Mils Muliaina and Leon MacDonald.

*Kimmy*_old

Yeh id rather him stay at the warriors, and play for the kiwis and stuff. The go to union, as it would be a waste. He'd never get picked. Maybe only if Ma'a does go to league. But i doubt the NZRU and Wellington would let that happen!!

mattyj_old

If its a straight swap for Nonu, Weepu, Lauaki or Nick Williams id take it in a heart beat.

Webb wouldnt get anywhere near a all blacks Jersey.

I think he'd even struggle to play Super 14 for a NZ franchise.

God, player managers are the scum of the game.

*Kimmy*_old

I dont think his manager realises that the All Blacks have alot of players lined up for the fullback position.

Azn+kiwi_pride51189_old

I want to mention one thing, if we are to understate him in such a manner, it may tempt him even further to proceed through the stages of becoming a league-union convert. This is why I strongly suggest not to comment about him in such a way. I personally believe that Webb is a good player, usually consistent at times. Ok, i'm not going to overate him too much as well. :D
Just hope he stays :p

*Kimmy*_old

Azn+kiwi_pride51189 said:
I want to mention one thing, if we are to understate him in such a manner, it may tempt him even further to proceed through the stages of becoming a league-union convert. This is why I strongly suggest not to comment about him in such a way. I personally believe that Webb is a good player, usually consistent at times. Ok, i'm not going to overate him too much as well. :D
Just hope he stays :p

Yes he's a good player in league.
But a good player in union is a different story imo.

mosh_old

He's too small to play halfback
he is too small to play fullback
he wont play ahead of Daniel Carter
nor will he be selected as second 5.

Dont think he could play anywhere unless he gains like 30kgs.