General We needed a win, but..

jahc_old

Guest
We needed a win, but a cream puff 66-0 win could hurt us next week. We need tough games to battle harden ourselves. Next week will be a big wake up call. I just hope our boys stay grounded.
 

Northern_Union

Guest
The thing is though, winning cultures breeding wins. A win like that will get our attack in order no doubt. The only concern i have is, is our defence going to be set next week?
Time will tell.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
Bring on the Panthers, I'm predicting four in a row.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
We didn't do THAT much tackling, but lucky for us our mistake count wasn't huge (as it has been in the past few weeks) but you never really get tested defensively with the rabbitohs. next week determins our defence but take out today's game and our defence has been excellent anyway. And as RS says, winning culture breeds wins
 

L N_old

Guest
winners are grinners...

i think regardless of the result or performance
the panther game was always going to be used
as the yardstick to see how our lads
would of backed up

celebrate the anihilation they served to the bunnies
and go back to the board come Monday
a historic game for them and us
the confidence from not only the souths game
but there form for the last 3 weeks
will have them heading into this week
with some well overdue team confidence
 

missing teeth_old

Guest
when was the last time we beat the panthers? 2002?
 

Esoj_old

Guest
can only play what is in front of you. souths were terrible and our boys put them to the sword. hopefully the boys can continue the good form against a side they seem to struggle against.
 

raypower_old

Guest
jahc said:
We needed a win, but a cream puff 66-0 win could hurt us next week. We need tough games to battle harden ourselves. Next week will be a big wake up call. I just hope our boys stay grounded.

mate, some people would whinge if their bum was on fire and they'd whinge if someone put it out. :p

I'm just going to soak up the win and think about next week when it rolls around. I'm buying a big box of donuts to hand out to the bunny's fans at work tomorrow that's for sure. perhaps rabbits management could take a leaf out of our book from earlier in the year and do a similar donut drive.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
missing teeth said:
when was the last time we beat the panthers? 2002?

Yeah it's been a while, 4 August 2002 since we beat them and that was at Ericsson.
 

raypower_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
missing teeth said:
when was the last time we beat the panthers? 2002?

Yeah it's been a while, 4 August 2002 since we beat them and that was at Ericsson.

that was the game with our previous biggest winning margin right?
 

raypower_old

Guest
how about the last time we kept a team scoreless?

was that nth qld back in 2000/01 or there abouts?
 

sebastian_old

Guest
I would've been worried about the panthers if we took our foot off the accelerator after half time but we didn't for the first time in years when we had a team by the balls we broke 'em & it felt DAMN good. They say the best players build up slowly & surely & Grant seems to fit that profile. We could have bought a bloody champion on our hands but we'll just have to wait & see what happens. No Gower will mean a lot, & please don't think negative historic stats can stop us eg. we never beat the panthers, as we've already won outside auckland in NZ for the 1st time & won 3 in a row for the 1st time in 3 years. Thiscould be our year to break all the negative stats. Bring it on panthers, bring it on!!!
 

KeepingTheFaith_old

Guest
I'll be interested to see what happens the next time a game goes down to the wire. The last three weeks have been good for the team and its fans but the Knights and Bunnies were gone by the 60 minute mark and the Roosters weren't out of the game but they never looked likely to mount a comeback.

Even our earlier wins against the, Tigers x 2, and Souths involved the Warriors dominating and never looking like being challenged.

As much as I loved today's performance, as well as the past 3 weeks, there's still a question mark hanging over whether or not we can find that extra something when the game is still on the line in the final ten minutes.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
rayroxon said:
warriors4life said:
missing teeth said:
when was the last time we beat the panthers? 2002?

Yeah it's been a while, 4 August 2002 since we beat them and that was at Ericsson.

that was the game with our previous biggest winning margin right?

No, it was against the Sea Eagles in 2002, and we won 68-10.

rayroxon said:
how about the last time we kept a team scoreless?

was that nth qld back in 2000/01 or there abouts?

30-0 over the Sharks in 2001. The only other time we've kept a team scoreless was when we crushed the Knights 42-0 in the last home game of 1999.
 

raypower_old

Guest
Jesbass said:
rayroxon said:
warriors4life said:
missing teeth said:
when was the last time we beat the panthers? 2002?

Yeah it's been a while, 4 August 2002 since we beat them and that was at Ericsson.

that was the game with our previous biggest winning margin right?

No, it was against the Sea Eagles in 2002, and we won 68-10.

rayroxon said:
how about the last time we kept a team scoreless?

was that nth qld back in 2000/01 or there abouts?

30-0 over the Sharks in 2001. The only other time we've kept a team scoreless was when we crushed the Knights 42-0 in the last home game of 1999.

Thanks jesbass - I'd be quoting the wrong stats to everyone without you :)
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
rayroxon said:
Jesbass said:
rayroxon said:
warriors4life said:
missing teeth said:
when was the last time we beat the panthers? 2002?

Yeah it's been a while, 4 August 2002 since we beat them and that was at Ericsson.

that was the game with our previous biggest winning margin right?

No, it was against the Sea Eagles in 2002, and we won 68-10.

rayroxon said:
how about the last time we kept a team scoreless?

was that nth qld back in 2000/01 or there abouts?

30-0 over the Sharks in 2001. The only other time we've kept a team scoreless was when we crushed the Knights 42-0 in the last home game of 1999.

Thanks jesbass - I'd be quoting the wrong stats to everyone without you :)

Haha, since Leagnue Nut's gone Jesbass has become our stats man!
 

Similar threads

Teeps4Shore
Replies
129
Views
8K
Wrighty
Wrighty
Tonbridge (Swanley)
Replies
24
Views
2K
Rick O'Shay
Rick O'Shay
Lance155
Replies
41
Views
3K
Fonzies Tram Line
Fonzies Tram Line
Canonball
Replies
21
Views
541
Once A Warrior
Once A Warrior
playdaball
Replies
40
Views
3K
sballer7
sballer7