General We Just Bought A New House!

Jesbass_old

Okay, I'm jumping the gun, but I just wanted an outlet. Mr and Mrs Jesbass put an offer on a house, against which we've had a counter offer, and we've accepted that.

In short, our offer has been accepted.

Only thing is, it's pending the sale of our current house. Fortunately, because we got ourselves this new house for a low price, we can lower the price on our own one to get the sale. The low purchase price for the new house will also hopefully help to dent our mortgage and help to pay for our trip to Europe, too.

Here's hoping, anyway...

Jesbass_old

Cheers, mate. Hopefully I'll have some better news in the not too distant future.

Kav_old

The house market's not flash at the moment. Plenty of stock but not enough buyers with the result that prices are dropping.

Kav

Jesbass_old

Precisely why we got a cheaper (but bigger and nicer) house, so that we can drop our own selling price. It's a buyer's market, but extremely frustrating to sell in. That'll change by winter, when houses get pulled off the market and buyer's have fewer options.

cablenathan_old

Best of luck JB, hope it comes through for you.

Whaddaya reckon - once you got it, post game barbie on a Sunday to celebrate the boys winning and break (in) the new place? :whistle: :madgrin:

Jesbass_old

Haha, it's a pretty small piece of land. If it comes through, I might be keen for a get-together before a home game. Our current house, (and the one we're hoping to snare), are both about ten minutes from Mt Smart.

Northern_Union

Excellent work mate. You'll be painting it up in Warriors colours and putting the Warriors logo on the front of the house in a large size?

Jesbass_old

Not if we expect to sell it for a good price, lol. A massive Warriors logo would be awesome on the roof, though, lol.

Jesbass_old

My my, how things have changed!

So we pulled out of that deal because the offers on our own house were too low to support our purchase price, and the vendors refused to lower it enough.

But last night we signed off the sale of our house, which is great, making us cash unconditional buyers. We're actually looking at moving out of town, employment pending. So if we get good jobs where we're currently looking, we'll be able to upsize our house, almost doubling it in size, with the minimum of expenses.

Kav_old

My my, how things have changed!

So we pulled out of that deal because the offers on our own house were too low to support our purchase price, and the vendors refused to lower it enough.

But last night we signed off the sale of our house, which is great, making us cash unconditional buyers. We're actually looking at moving out of town, employment pending. So if we get good jobs where we're currently looking, we'll be able to upsize our house, almost doubling it in size, with the minimum of expenses.

Good luck, Dave and Mrs JJ.

Kav

Tajhay_old

well done jessbass!

for curiousities sake what is the average house price in auckland these days?

brisbane is quite expensive...i have been looking to add a residential property to my porfolio but cant find anything i want....

Jesbass_old

What part of the country are you looking at JJ?

Bay of Plenty, my main man. But like I said, it's dependent on work opportunities. I still have to hand in my notice at my Auckland job, plus there are other opportunities I want to take hold of in the City of Sails before we go anywhere.

We shall see, I suppose. A little Jesbass waits... :lol1:

Iafeta_old

Sorry for the belated response - congratulations to you and SR. That's great news. Moving out of Auckland together... wicked, and a great sign to everlasting committment.

Jesbass_old

Sorry for the belated response - congratulations to you and SR. That's great news. Moving out of Auckland together... wicked, and a great sign to everlasting committment.

Alas, no. She's staying in Auckland. I got kicked out after that incident wit you, me, the blender, and the three French cyclists all called Pierre...

Jesbass_old

Phase two is complete! Now all we need to do is get employed and we're unconditional! :D

Aimgphotobucketcom albums v649 jesbass RESEPA820 1

Aimgphotobucketcom albums v649 jesbass RESEPA820 2

Aimgphotobucketcom albums v649 jesbass RESEPA820 3