General Wayne Scurrah on Deaker

PB_old

I was enjoying my last night of Sky and came across Deaker on sport. Normally this would be a bad thing, but he had Wayne Scurrah on.

I missed the first 5 minutes but some good clarifications came out of what I saw.

• The Warriors are not appealing the ruling as such but are putting forward a submission to the NRL stating that the points removal is too harsh and that it shouldn't apply to the 2006 season. The next stage after that is appealing. The impression I got was that they will not pursue this past the current submission.
  • That Ian Schubert had had some unresolved issues with the post season de-brief with Spiro and waited until the new management came on board to resolve them. Wayne started picking up on a few things from November and emailed the queries through to Schubert. Schubert relayed his concerns on the wrap up and the ball started rolling from there.
  • That Wayne was unhappy with the way the Warriors were set up and, at his insistence, the full Warriors board including the NZRL are in control of the club and the Cullen board is no longer involved. The NZRL now get board packs and minutes and Sel Pearson has been present since this has occurred.
  • That the push to develop the junior base has come from John Hart along with the plan to have the development squad play in a local competition or play teams across the Tasman regularly.
  • That in his point of view the Warriors have not really been run adequately at any stage of their existence.
  • That he sees a mix of Aussie and Kiwi players being the best solution at the Warriors but that the juniors have to be developed and that the club needs to ensure that locals see the Warriors as the preferred choice if they are to play professional League.
So far I like him. He handles himself well.

warriors4life_old

the things that wayne scurrah has done for the club over the past couple of months have been encouraging and pleasing

mattyj_old

Polar Bob said:
  • That the push to develop the junior base has come from John Hart along with the plan to have the development squad play in a local competition or play teams across the Tasman regularly.

BINGO

David James_old

Anyone think our new CEO visits this site?

Those items listed are well in line with what we on the message board (the fans) want to see also.

Impressed Mr Scurrah, impressed.

AmeriKiwi_old

Sounds like smart, solid management to me. The salary cap issue could turn out to be a very good thing for the Warriors, in the long run. Forces the management to take a hard look at the way things are being done from A-Z, evaluate strengths and weaknesses, and re-build the team on a more solid foundation.

L N_old

mattyj said:
Polar Bob said:

BINGO

a very positive and well overdue intitative
that would reap tenfolds for our club
the sooner the better

fiamacho_old

I like the sound of the C.E.O I also watched Deaker last night and I am very impredssed with Scurrah.

da mad maori

I had lunch with Wayne last tuesday, and he asked me how best develope the young ones. I told him straight, you know, real straight. Wayne, I said, we need our youngsters to compete on a regular basis with the Aussies. He quickly got on his phone and rang Harty. Harty agreeed with my suggestion, and said to Wayne that he would start putting things in place. I think he said something about bringing in Hugh McGann and Johny Schuster to help out.
Funny thing, I noticed Wayne dial Harty's number, and it started with 025....Yeah that's what I thought.
Anyhow, thats how this developement thing started.

Wiki_old

da mad maori said:
I had lunch with Wayne last tuesday, and he asked me how best develope the young ones. I told him straight, you know, real straight. Wayne, I said, we need our youngsters to compete on a regular basis with the Aussies. He quickly got on his phone and rang Harty. Harty agreeed with my suggestion, and said to Wayne that he would start putting things in place. I think he said something about bringing in Hugh McGann and Johny Schuster to help out.
Funny thing, I noticed Wayne dial Harty's number, and it started with 025....Yeah that's what I thought.

Are you actually serious?

Skinner_old

da mad maori said:

That you Jawsy ???