Weight (kg)
91 kg
Position/s
  1. Hooker
Nickname
Waydos
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Details
March 14 2020, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at McDonalds Jones Stadium, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2020
  2. 2021
  3. 2022
  4. 2023
  5. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayde_Egan
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/wayde-egan/summary.html
Yes, good point. I take Webster's point that the Warriors attack is built around Egan and I don't think NSW would necessarily do that. Api is in good form and proven at SoO level so that plays in his favour of starting at hooker.

I would be quite pleased if Wade isn't selected as we will not be without him. However, his game in the weekend was a work of art and the team performance and game plan around him looked like a premiership winning template.

He is certainly on the radar now. I just hope we extend him for at least two years beyond his current contract.
I do wonder if there is a perception of Wade that he is injury prone so selectors may lean towards players that may be considered more robust and already have been proven in that arena. Api, Robson, Cook etc

I do wonder if there is a perception of Wade that he is injury prone so selectors may lean towards players that may be considered more robust and already have been proven in that arena. Api, Robson, Cook etc
Perhaps a consideration for game 3 if a dead rubber, for example? Then they get their claws into his future.

Little tidbit in here about Egan being invited along with other players to NSW headquarters.

Nathan Cleary, Jarome Luai and Dylan Edwards were also invited but weren't in Sydney due to the Panthers having a bye. Hookers Api Koroisau and Wayde Egan also received an invite, as did Eels fullback Clint Gutherson, but they also couldn't attend.