Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:

Warriors interested in Isiah Papali’i according to this.
The partner living in NZ isn't a factor anymore, she's off to an Australian netball side.

I think you will find that they will always say the Warriors are interested in any NZ Players. Not sure we need him with the amount of juniors coming through. Webster would be able to get him back to his Parramatta form though.
He would have been here in Webster’s last stint as an assistant under McFadden too, so if there is interest he obviously thinks he can get the best out of him too. Wouldn’t be until 2025 when he’s off contract anyway but there is rumours around Olakau’atu going to the tigers. Will be interesting after November with teams looking to change their squads for next year for whatever reasons.

The partner living in NZ isn't a factor anymore, she's off to an Australian netball side.

For 2024, you're right. But she seems keen to come back to NZ (as she can't play for the silver ferns otherwise) so both of them coming back in 2025 is a possibility

Warriors interested in Isiah Papali’i according to this.
Yeah I read this, he hasn't exactly been used effectively. He has played pretty much every game saying he hasn't delivered is a bit on the nose.

He's ran hard, hard tackled hard, turned up each week.

Same can't be said for the halves, or any of the backs really maybe Bula. But even he didn't play as many games as Ice.

I for one don't think we need an additional edge rower given our depth.

But would also be tough to ignore a player of his caliber.

Yeah I read this, he hasn't exactly been used effectively. He has played pretty much every game saying he hasn't delivered is a bit on the nose.

He's ran hard, hard tackled hard, turned up each week.

Same can't be said for the halves, or any of the backs really maybe Bula. But even he didn't play as many games as Ice.

I for one don't think we need an additional edge rower given our depth.

But would also be tough to ignore a player of his caliber.
10 missed tackles and 3 ineffective this weekend but don’t think that same player that left the eels isn’t still in there, on the flip side that same player that looked like he couldn’t be arsed in his final season here is probably still in there too. We’d be mad not to put that same eels second row combination together that was the best in the comp if the opportunity arises though I reckon.

Players that could be swapped / traded / let go;
Sironen - Going or CHT could cover him
Volkman - I heard he’s on big $$$? That must be based on potential - CHT could take his place
Bunty - Hurts to say this as I’ve always been a big fan. In saying that he seems to be onside with the coaching staff
Kepu - How good is he?!!!!! No real idea as haven’t seen him
Willame - pretty much covered on the centres , esp with RTS on the way

I’ve seen Ben Farr play a few NSW games - does he have enough to play 1st grade? Can cover a number of positions.
Plus …
Who will Webster bring in for Morgan? I assume that this will be Webster decision? Slade Griffin still needs to develop in NSW Cup .

Volkman - I heard he’s on big $$$? That must be based on potential - CHT could take his place
Bunty - Hurts to say this as I’ve always been a big fan. In saying that he seems to be onside with the coaching staff
Kepu - How good is he?!!!!! No real idea as haven’t seen him
Willame - pretty much covered on the centres , esp with RTS on the way

I’ve seen Ben Farr play a few NSW games - does he have enough to play 1st grade? Can cover a number of positions.
Plus …
Who will Webster bring in for Morgan? I assume that this will be Webster decision? Slade Griffin still needs to develop in NSW Cup .
Websters brother will replace Morgan won’t he?

Sironen appears to be leaving
20230904_155351.jpg

With regards to another assistant, I'd been keen, like Wellington Warrior Wellington Warrior, on James Webster

Sironen appears to be leaving
View attachment 170
With regards to another assistant, I'd been keen, like Wellington Warrior Wellington Warrior, on James Webster
Interesting so we have no spare salary cap for next year then. If AFB gets injured next year we will struggle. Hopefully Kepu or Zyon Maiu’u step up. Do not expect them to be anywhere near AFB level but if they can surpass Bunty that would help.

Interesting so we have no spare salary cap for next year then. If AFB gets injured next year we will struggle. Hopefully Kepu or Zyon Maiu’u step up. Do not expect them to be anywhere near AFB level but if they can surpass Bunty that would help.
We don't know the actual ins & outs but I wouldn't be surprised if that was just the polite way to say to Sironen that we ain't willing to pay you anything near what your last contract was

Back