General Was that our worst performance all year??

sebastian_old

Guest
After more knock on's than NFL, "defense" & "offence", enough ball in the 2nd half to win 3 games & destroying countless trys, some with the ball over the parra line already, I ask you guys, was that game our shocker for the year. What a time to have it as well, our biggest crowd ALL YEAR & they leave disgraced. 14,000 people i have that turned up. Some players may be dropped next game thats for sure.
 

IanS_old

Guest
I just thought they lacked attacking options.

How many times did they get near the line only to look like they never really knew what to do?
 

raypower_old

Guest
IanS said:
I just thought they lacked attacking options.

How many times did they get near the line only to look like they never really knew what to do?

That somes it up completely. they'd get to the 20m zone and just hit it up flat footed. we looked more dangerous from 40m out than 10m out. So frustrating, we really should've put that one away seeing as Parra weren't really in the game during the second half. Arghhhhhh....still so angry!!!
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
I wouldn't call it our worst game of the year, that prize goes to the game vs the Sharks, but we were pretty poor, especially early on, didn't capitalise on the Eels mistakes and made too many of our own.
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
It wasnt our worst game of the year. And sure we didnt play well but neither did the eels. I mean we gifted them at least 8 points and that came back to bite us. But there is always next week.(after the bye of course lol). And this is one of the times that we as warriors fans have to stick with the boys. Cos isnt that what fans do stick with there team through thick an thin. Things will come right, just maybe not this year but our time will come.


GO THE WARRIORS!!!!!!!!
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
No it wasn't. Look it was an unfortunate loss but our worst game(s) this year was either against the Shakrs or the Dragons. A few lapses in concentration, some usual dropping of the ball; players not taking passes...if those passes stuck things would have been quite different. But as warriorsfaithful said:

Go the Warriors!
 

2big2strong_old

Guest
Manu.....what's doing bro?


As much as i laud him, i am questioning his position.

After tonight I don't think he posesses the composure or reflexes required as an NRL winger. I think he's better suited to the front or second row, sure he's quick but it's too much to demand from a player of his size and capabilities. I have come to the conclusion that he belongs in the forwards as we would be benifited with a more 'skill's' based winger than 'power'.
 

Trotbags_old

Guest
The good things were Patrick at Fullback - he is so good under the highball (save some money and leave him there next year), Cooper getting a run on the wing finally - he looked solid, Price making good yards, Louie making some really hard runs, Mannering gets better and better and Ropati looks very quick when he takes off. Unfortunately Manu had a shocker - his inability to hold the ball was only matched by Riddells inability to kick goals. Sione ran hard but had a couple of brain explosions.

Good crowd though and as always a good night out :)
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Yes Blinky did very well. He's no Webby thou! With the way Manu's going I'm seriously worried, we definitely do lack wingers damn it. The guy is talented and especially as a finisher but other than that I always get nervous when he takes the ball up (some times he's great doing that) and retreveiving low kicks (well it's not easy anyway but the way he messes up...)
 

raypower_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
No it wasn't. Look it was an unfortunate loss but our worst game(s) this year was either against the Shakrs or the Dragons. A few lapses in concentration, some usual dropping of the ball; players not taking passes...if those passes stuck things would have been quite different. But as warriorsfaithful said:

Go the Warriors!

You're kidding if you reckon that was an unfortunate loss skinny. An unfortunate loss is where you let in a try 3 minutes from full time after leading all game or let in a try 3 minutes into golden point. unfortunate isn't running flat footed onto passes and lacking creativity in the 20.

we just didn't have the killer instinct despite a reasonably solid effort and that's what's frustrating.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
rayroxon said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
No it wasn't. Look it was an unfortunate loss but our worst game(s) this year was either against the Shakrs or the Dragons. A few lapses in concentration, some usual dropping of the ball; players not taking passes...if those passes stuck things would have been quite different. But as warriorsfaithful said:

Go the Warriors!

You're kidding if you reckon that was an unfortunate loss skinny. An unfortunate loss is where you let in a try 3 minutes from full time after leading all game or let in a try 3 minutes into golden point. unfortunate isn't running flat footed onto passes and lacking creativity in the 20.

we just didn't have the killer instinct despite a reasonably solid effort and that's what's frustrating.

I mean' unfortunate' in the way that we weren't playing to the sort of potencial that we are capable of
 

sebastian_old

Guest
2black2strong said:
Manu.....what's doing bro?


As much as i laud him, i am questioning his position.

After tonight I don't think he posesses the composure or reflexes required as an NRL winger. I think he's better suited to the front or second row, sure he's quick but it's too much to demand from a player of his size and capabilities. I have come to the conclusion that he belongs in the forwards as we would be benifited with a more 'skill's' based winger than 'power'.

Manu's going to be the centre of peoples game plan from now on, dead set, that fumble in the in goal was a joke. There going to just keep kicking to him to he fumbles. Put him on the bench & put koopu in the backs or just drop him, this can't keep happening, we'll just keep losing games. And as a 5/8 you have to be able to pass & Ropati CAN NOT PASS, we had a pass, pass try & he just didn't pass it, he froze, AGAIN!! This team needs rearanging & i expect Cleary to do it. Micheal Lucks drop over the try line happens to everyone but Manu needs to be switched to the forwards or just dropped so he can practice his handling, maybe Vuna to replace him. And the bigger the game the more Ropati shows he can not distrubte the ball as a 5/8 IS MEANT TO. Our kicking is also a major problem, with ropati not being able to kick a can, the presure on Ravs is dramitic with the oppisistion knowing EXACTLY who is going to kick, putting presure on him & making him kick hurriedly. Ravs can kick better than tonight but With Ropati NO help, the poor kids always under presure. It is time for a new 5/8, whether it be a Rokkie or Lance at 7, Ravs at 6 this farce can not continue as it results in panicking at vital stages of the game.

The only real positive out of this mess of a game was a shining performance from Simon Mannering, never stuffed up when it really counted a reliable player in a shocking team performance.
 

Esoj_old

Guest
dropped the ball way too much tonight. defence was a bit lacking too from previous weeks where it was fast off the line and didn't let in too many soft tries. and as others have said we really blew our chances on attack. it seemed like parra were able to read it fairly easily and at times it seemed a bit predictable of what was going to happen.
 

webbyfan_old

Guest
there was only one thing they were lacking and that was webby, there were no attacking options what so ever, WHY? because webby wasn't there to do what he's been doin all season.
 

teariki_old

Guest
sebastian said:
The only real positive out of this mess of a game was a shining performance from Simon Mannering, never stuffed up when it really counted a reliable player in a shocking team performance.

Well actually, Mannering gave the ball away for Paramatta's second try. But Vatuvei, he must surely have the worst set of hands in the NRL. You can see he knows himself he has no confidence in fielding kicks, he is in two minds as to whether to let the ball bounce or catch it on the full. And when he chases kicks behind him, he waits for the ball to absolutely get a good roll or bounce into his hands.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
No, it definitely wasn't our worst performance. I think the main issue was our surprising inability to capitalise on opportunities. We were camped in the Parramatta end zone for what seemed like ten minutes, yet came away with nothing to show for it. We just didn't execute when we should have.

Manu played well on attack, but was found somewhat wanting on defense.

But a positive to take away from all this, (apart from the crowd), is that we won the second half 6-2. Might not seem like much, but we need to recognise that it wasn't all doom and gloom.
 

commonsense_old

Guest
well it was gonna hard especially after we GAVE THEM a 14 point headstart. like ivan cleary said this could have been a real ugly game for us. it was effort to reach a decent score result.

with webb i reckon we can afford to have ropati at five-eighth, but without him we need a quality ball player there.
 

Pacific_old

Guest
I don't think things are as bad as some of you all are saying. What is missing in the Warriors game is composure. Manu didn't have to reach for that bouncing ball with his hands. He could've just stopped it with his foot and then picked it up. He had plenty of time.

Manu is also not doing enough work on attack like Tuqiri and Sailor used to do for the Broncos. He should make an effort to be more active in a game by taking a hit-up EVERY SET. He's playing a more reactive game by waiting for the ball to come to him, and because of that attitude he will make more mistakes because he isn't displaying the courage to use his huge frame to at least run at little guys.

The lack of composure also applies to everyone else. The Warriors have the attacking and defensive firepower. They just need to stop firing up when they get into the opposition's red zone; keep building pressure, runners running into a gap from deep, and if the opportunity is not there to score a try, then grubber kick into the in-goal with the intention of receiving the ball back.

It's not that hard. It requires composure, which comes from preparation on the training paddock. I sometimes wander if the kickers actually practice their kicking games during the week.

I'm glad I'm not the only disappointed Warriors fan. We should've beaten the Bulldogs as well. At the end of next weekend we would've been sitting on 20. Instead we'll be sitting on 16, which means we need to win 6 games to have a realistic chance of making the 8. I'm staying hopeful. I'll feel you all back in the pressure cooker in two weeks.
 

Similar threads

Replies
16
Views
942
Tyrael_old
Replies
27
Views
2K
G_Rovelli
Replies
23
Views
3K
Eule24_old
Replies
43
Views
2K
Skinny_Ravs82
Replies
81
Views
4K
Kav_old

Last Game

08 May

10 - 29
3.9 Total Avg Rating
2.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings