General Warriors Where Are They Now 2023?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
159. SIONE LOUSI
Last update

Sione Lousi was still contracted to the Warriors during our last update in 2015. The following year he was released and joined the Townsville Blackhawks.

He actually only retired from rugby league in 2021 while still playing for the Blackhawks. He has built a house for himself and his family in Townsville and looks to be settled there now. Haven't been able to find what he is doing for work outside of his league commitments.

The ‘little moments’ behind another Blackhawk Sione Lousi's retirement
renderTimingPixel.png
198240257 5566878393384199 3637714517556882788 n

Sione Lousi has achieved more in his rugby league career than he ever could have hoped.

But it is the little moments he has missed in the past 12 months which led him to call time on his career.

The Blackhawks prop announced to his teammates prior to their elimination final loss on Sunday that he would be retiring at season’s end, finishing with 68 appearances for the club and a legacy in his favourite number 22 jersey.

While he was determined to not end his playing days until he had helped deliver Townsville a maiden Queensland Cup title, Lousi said the birth of his daughter Remi in October changed his scope.

Missing small highlights of her life while being on the road for games struck a chord with the 31-year-old. And as his body began to feel the sting of more than a decade in top line football he said the timing felt right to kickstart his next chapter.

“I want to be at home now, plus the old body has had enough now. It takes longer to recover from games, so I thought it was time to hang it up and do some family stuff,” Lousi said.

“It’s hard leaving her for games and trainings … (and) I think it’s just missing out on those little moments.

“My partner would send me stuff with what she’s doing and I would think ‘damn I missed that’. She started walking a couple of weeks ago … she took a couple of steps when I was at home but not as much when I was seeing the videos. That was the main one I was gutted I wasn’t there for.

“Those little moments watching them grow, I’ve never had that before and this was my first full season with it. It was pretty challenging.”

Lousi looks back on his time with the Steeden humbled by what he had achieved.

Initially he was determined to play just one game in the NRL. He would play 50 for the New Zealand Warriors and an international appearance for Tonga.

It is why Lousi said he did not think he would suffer from itchy feet once the Blackhawks return to pre-season training, having never been much of a fan of those long summer sessions anyway.

But while he does not regret anything in his career, he admitted there are some things he wished he could have achieved.

It was when Lousi’s time with the Warriors ended in 2016 that he moved to Townsville, where he would meet his now wife — former Northern Rays vice-captain and Samoa Netball World Cup representative Brooke Williams.

However he said initially he relocated to North Queensland in a bid to resurrect his NRL career, something he was never able to achieve.

“The main one wasn’t getting back into the NRL; that was a big factor with why I came up to Townsville. I came up here and broke my arm in the first game and thought it just wasn’t meant to be,” Lousi said.

“I tried my best at the time but I just fell away, and I think that was one of the little regrets. “Maybe not a regret, but just a sad thing that I couldn’t make my way back into the NRL. “But I’m happy with how my life is, everything lined up and I wouldn’t change it. Injuries played a big part in my career, that’s not something I can control, but other than those little setbacks in my career I’m stoked with how many games I got to play in the NRL.”

Lousi donned the Blackhawks colours for the last time in Sunday’s 30-24 defeat at the hands of the Souths Logan Magpies, ending his hopes of retiring with a first Townsville title.

But the veteran forward said that elusive triumph was edging closer for the club.

While he would not be a part of that moment if and when it happens, he said the young talent the club had fostered would ensure the Blackhawks’ future is bright.

“I honestly thought this year was going to be our year. I thought we were going to go all the way and unfortunately we fell short again,” Lousi said.

“That made it tough, all the people that started Blackhawks and have been around the Blackhawks I wanted to bring in a premiership for before I departed.

“That (the loss to Souths Logan) was not the way I wanted it to end but it is what it is and the club is in good hands with a lot of young talent coming through.”

Ironically the Blackhawks would go on to win the Premiership in 2022. Meanwhile Sione had signed up to play for the New Brothers Grade A team. Very little online to show for it but he would only play one game that I can find. Brothers had an unbeaten season and won their Premiership as well.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
160. BILL TUPOU
Last update

Last time we checked up on Bill Tupou he had only just been released mid season from the Canberra Raiders to immediately take up a contract with Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.

Bill only just announced his retirement from the Wildcats in July this year after injury complications.

Will need a revisit soon. I can only guess he's still rehabilitating. Wont be surprised to see him get a role at the Wildcats...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
161. MATAUPU POCHING
Last update

Last update we had just about nothing on Upu Poching. He was still involved in league playing for the Auckland Vucans and Counties Manukau. In 2016 he signed a train and trial contract with the Warriors.

Not sure how I missed it last time but he was working for Bridge City Interiors and Construction Ltd in a post I found from 2014. Thats the same company we covered in Daniel O'Regan's update.

Looks like he is a qualified builder from the small bits and pieces I've found but no way of knowing 100%. I have a few mutual mates so I'll reach out to them and hopefully be able to get a proper update soon...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
162. ALEHANA MARA
Last update

Alehana Mara was playing for Wynnum Manly in the Queensland Cup in our 2015 update.

These days he still resides in the Wynnum area with his wife and 3 kids and is coaching his second season with the Normanby Hounds RLFC after playing a few seasons with them.

Reactions: Stalefish540
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
163. GLEN FISIIAHI
Last update

During our last update Glen Fisiiahi was still contracted to the Warriors. He would be released the following year and join the Waikato Chiefs RU.

Seems the Fish has gone completely ghost mode these days. Deleted all his social media accounts off Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

The last time I spoke Fish was about 4 years ago when I bought a jersey from him. He said he was just doing landscaping with his brother and hoping to get a contract in Japan or France after he was released by the Chiefs and Counties RU.

Will message some mutual mates and see if I can get anymore info...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
164. FELETI MATEO
Last update

Right at the time of our last update Feleti Mateo had been released to play for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

Mateo is currently working for the Wests Tigers.

Screenshot 20221207 091924
Screenshot 20221207 091944

Think his Linkedin maybe a little out of date as according to the Tigers updated staffing list he is now the Assistant Coach of the Wests Tiger Jersey Flegg team...

Screenshot 2022 12 07 91640 AM

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
165. SHAUN BERRIGAN
Last update

2015 saw Shaun Berrigan working for Thiess out past Dalby on the gas pipeline.

According to this post on Facebook by the Green Machine Podcast he currently works as a Development Operator at Grosvenor Underground Coal Mine. Messaged the page and he got that info from Berrigans Linkedin profile that has since been deleted.

Grosvenor Coal Mine​

main-343.jpg

Grosvenor Coal Mine is located in the Moranbah region of Queensland, Australia. It is a greenfield metallurgical coal project being developed by Anglo American with an investment of $1.95bn.

Grosvenor Coal Mine is located in the Moranbah region of Queensland, Australia. It is a greenfield metallurgical coal project being developed by Anglo American with an investment of $1.95bn.

The mine is estimated to produce seven million tonnes of run-of-mine coal per year. This coal will be processed to produce around five million tonnes of coking coal per year for export.

The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) of Grosvenor mine was approved in September 2011 and the project received approval from the Queensland government in 2012. In March 2015, the first coal was shipped from the mine.

Development of the mine is being carried out in two phases. The first phase consists of developing an underground longwall mine, which is scheduled to be commissioned in 2016.

The second phase will involve the addition of a second longwall. Prefeasibility studies are being carried out on the second phase.

The coal project is expected to run for a period of 26 years and is estimated to generate approximately 1,000 jobs.

ICDR 58654
Screenshot 2022 12 07 123002 PM
Screenshot 2022 12 07 123029 PM

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
166. KRISNAN INU
Last update

Last update Krisnan Inu was playing for the Catalan Dragons. Since leaving the club in 2012 for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs he has been around. Easier to show a list than try to explain it.

2011 - 2012 NZ Warriors
2012 - 2014 Canterbury Bulldogs
2015 - 2017 Catalans Dragons
2018 - 2019 Widnes Viking
2019 - 2021 Salford Red Devils
2022 FC Lézignan XIII
2022 Leigh Centurions

Despite wanting to play on at the age of 35 he must not have managed to sign another contract.

Instead he is returning to Salford to be the assistant coach

KRISNAN INU RETURNS TO SALFORD RED DEVILS AS ASSISTANT COACH​

by Harry Siddall | Nov 4, 2022
PC4_0715-scaled.jpg

Salford Red Devils are delighted to welcome former winger, Krisnan Inu back to the Club in his first off-the-field role as Assistant Coach.

The 35-year-old will work closely with Paul Rowley and Kurt Haggerty to manage and develop a playing squad already packed with talent. Inu brings years of playing experience from both sides of the world and will no doubt be hugely beneficial to our mixture of established names and young talent.

During his three-year stay at the AJ Bell Stadium, Inu made 53 appearances for the Club, scoring 24 tries and converting 195 goals. His trusty right boot was involved in so many memorable moments – including the 2019 Betfred Super League Grand Final and 2020 Challenge Cup final.

Speaking after returning to the Club, Inu said: “I’m excited to be coming home and joining the staff in a role I wasn’t expecting to come into.

“I’m grateful and proud to be helping the team reach their goals and get them to where they deserve to be – and that’s in the top six. I can’t wait for the challenges ahead and I’m looking forward to what the next few seasons bring.”

AW3_0261-1024x683.jpg

Head Coach, Paul Rowley added: “It’s really pleasing that Kris has decided to join us on the coaching staff. His knowledge of the game is first class and he is respected throughout the game on both sides of the world.

“Kris has had a fantastic playing career and made a positive impact at each club he’s represented – one of those, of course, being Salford.

“With that in mind, I not only welcome an intelligent and experienced rugby guy, but more importantly a trusted friend who I am looking forward to helping him on the next phase of his rugby journey.”

Director of Rugby and Operations, Ian Blease also said: “We’re delighted to welcome Krisnan back to the Club in his first off-the-field venture as Assistant Coach. He has a big personality, is a positive human and will be a strong influence around the group and club.

“He was a superb player for us and the fact he represented Salford in the 2019 Super League Grand Final and 2020 Challenge Cup final means he has copious amounts of valuable experience he can bring to the squad – including five years in the NRL.”

“I’m look forward to seeing how he can develop and add the already blossoming dynamic Paul Rowley’s team have created behind the scenes. “

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
167. ELIJAH TAYLOR
Last update

Our last update Elijah Taylor was plying his trade with the Penrith Panthers.

Marquee has just left Salford Red Devils and signed a contract with Featherstone Rovers for the 2023 season.

Salford captain Elijah Taylor to feature in Championship in 2023​

11th November 2022 Josh McAllister
Elijah Taylor Salford Red Devils
Photo: Paul Currie/SWpix

Salford captain Elijah Taylor will ply his trade in the Championship next season after signing a one-year deal with Featherstone Rovers for 2023.

Taylor, 32, has left the Super League side after his contract expired at the completion of the 2022 season.

He originally made the switch to England with the Red Devils ahead of the 2021 campaign. The 11-time New Zealand international also made 186 NRL appearances.

The forward made his debut in 2011 with New Zealand Warriors. He went on to feature for Penrith Panthers and Wests Tigers before making the move to Super League.

He made 41 appearances for Salford.

Elijah Taylor looking forward to playing under Sean Long​

Taylor said: “I’m looking forward to the challenge at Featherstone, and trying to get the club promoted to Super League. I watched Sean Long as a kid and the opportunity to be coached by him is pretty special.”

Head coach Sean Long added: “I’m excited to welcome Elijah to the playing group. He’s a hungry yet experienced forward who has the potential to play in a number of forward positions.

“He has played at the highest level in the NRL and on the international stage and will bring additional quality into the playing group.”

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
168. SHAUN JOHNSON
Last update

Screenshot 2022 12 08 113922 PM

Height: 179 cm
Date of Birth: 09 September 1990
Weight: 91 kg
Birthplace: Auckland, NZ
Nickname: Shaun Johnson
Debut Club: New Zealand Warriors
Date: 04 June 2011
Opposition: Sydney Roosters
Round: 13
Previous Club: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Junior Clubs: Hibiscus Coast Raiders, Northcote Tigers

Biography: When Shaun was told by Cronulla Sutherland that he wouldn’t be retained beyond 2021, the Vodafone Warriors swooped to sign him to return to his original club, enabling him to resume his career after making 162 appearances for the Vodafone Warriors from 2011 to 2018.

At the time of his signing in June, Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George said: “While he left to join the Sharks (in 2018), Shaun’s heart has always been with the Vodafone Warriors after starting his career here.”

Shaun owns the Vodafone Warriors’ all-time record for most points (917) and also ranks among the club’s leading try scorers with 63. He'll start his ninth season with the club just 83 points short of becoming the first player to score 1000 points for the Vodafone Warriors.

After finishing with the Vodafone Warriors, Johnson made 40 appearances for the Sharks to lift his career tally to 202 games while he has now scored almost 1200 points in total.

After a delayed comeback to the 2021 season following an Achilles injury, Shaun Johnson's presence saw the Sharks climb into the eight before a hamstring complaint ended his campaign (and with it Cronulla's top eight hopes).

He returned to New Zealand before the season finished, flying back to Queensland in mid-November to re-join his original club for preseason training.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
169. STEVE RAPIRA
Last update

When we last looked up Steve Rapira he just been released by the Salford Red Devils on compassionate grounds and returned to Queensland, Australia to try revive his NRL career with the Mackay Cutters.

Unfortunately that's where the trial goes completely cold for Steve. Only has a profile on Facebook but the page is private so no leads there. I'll try to reach out to some mutual mates but until then he's a ghost.

The pic below is from July 2021.

218102016 713036579506958 1133238281806167116 n

If anyone can help with this update please let us know...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
170. PITA GODINET
Last update

Pita Godinet was playing in the Super League for the Wakefield Wildcats during our last update. He bounced around a bit since then. Godinet came back to the NRL via the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in 2016 then the Wests Tigers in 2018. Then in 2019 he moved to France to play for Villeneuve XIII RLLG Leopards in the Elite 1 Chamnpionship for 3 years before heading to the United States of America in 2021 to play for the Atlanta Rhinos in the North America Rugby League (NARL).

His next club brings us to Godinets latest update. He signed to play for the Cessnock Goana's.

He also gained his truck licence in Australia just this August so I'm guessing he's abouot to retire and move onto his next phase.

Screenshot 2022 12 09 12318 AM
Screenshot 2022 12 09 12339 AM

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
171. BEN HENRY
Last update

Ben Henry was still contracted to the Warriors during our 2015 update. He would retire from the game in 2016 after repeated ACL injuries and move into a player development role with the Warriors.

In May 2022 he left the club and went straight into a role with Crossroads Fire Limited in Auckland, New Zealand as a project manager.

Screenshot 20221209 014554 LinkedIn
Screenshot 20221209 014611 LinkedIn

Picture

Crossroads Fire Limited does all your Fire Protection Industry, IQP, Emergency Lighting, Design and Compliance.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
172. NATHAN FRIEND
Last update

Nathan Friend was still playing for the Warriors in 2015. He was released at the end of the season and would play one more season with the Gold Coast Titans before retiring.

Post footy he worked as a bricklayer which is something he did part time while playing. In 2018 he was a program deliverer for the NRL.

These days as he states in his Once A Warrior interview with Monty Betham he is living in the Gold Coast, Australia and working as a service and warranty manager for Metricon Homes. He looks after all the Northern New South Wales area. He also says his father in law owns a couple Toyota dealerships that he does some finance work for at night.

0.45 - 1.23 what he's doing now

Screenshot 20221210 011201 LinkedIn
Screenshot 20221210 011223 LinkedIn

Metricon

Building quality homes for over 40 years​

Master of design​

Our homes are designed to celebrate you. This is why we continually strive to create innovative, award-winning designs that help you make the most of your home and the life you live in it.

Lifetime structural guarantee​

Every Metricon home is backed by a Lifetime Structural Guarantee*, so you can build with confidence and peace of mind that it will stand the test of time.

6 stage quality assurance​

Our homes may have changed over the years but our commitment to excellence hasn't. Our rigorous quality assurance process ensures every Metricon home is built to the highest standard.

Australia's no.1 home builder​

We believe no one else designs and builds as well as us and, as Australia's No.1 home builder for the seventh year running, we must be doing something right.

Download

About O’Brien Toyota​

O’Brien Toyota has many years of experience providing south east Queensland and north east New South Wales with New Toyotas and Quality Used Cars. Our focus is on providing an unmatched customer service experience each and every time you visit our Toyota dealership.

O’Brien Toyota is proud to be a family-owned company and has a strong standing amongst the St George community as not only your local Toyota dealership but for being involved in the local community.

We endeavor to make your next new Toyota or used car purchase hassle-free by offering a range of car finance and Insurance options to suit your requirements.

If you have any questions regarding the purchase of your next Toyota Vehicle or any of our other services, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.

Screenshot 2022 12 10 21144 AM

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
173. KONRAD HURRELL
Last update

Konrad Hurrell was still with the Warriors during our last update in 2015. He would play only one more season with the club before signing with the Gold Coast Titans. After 3 seasons in the Gold Coast he signed with the Leeds Rhinos.

In 2022 Konnie joined the St Helens RFC and by June he had re-signed for another year through to the end of 2023.

St Helens would go on to win the 2022 Super League Championship...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
174. OMAR SLAIMANKHEL
Last update

In 2015 Omar Slaimankhel had just finished up his lucrative contract playing Japanese rugby union with the Canon Eagles. Mid way through the league season he signed with the Sydney Roosters and played for their feeder team the Wyong Roos.

He's done a bit of bouncing around feeder and lower division teams since then with his last league club being the Western Suburbs Ron Massey team in 2019.

Omar most recent exploits have seen him star in the The Block Australia programme.

1658987561974 the block 2022 omar and oz

Omar & Oz​

The Block 2022

Best mates Omar and Oz are proud family men wanting to make a difference for their kids.

For their first few weeks on The Block, the practising Muslims were observing Ramadan while taking on all the challenges around them. They realise that visibility on television is important for young Muslim Australians. “We are Muslim and I am Lebanese, but I am Australian Lebanese,” Oz said. “I’m a proud Australian and I want to show what two Muslim Aussies can do.”

In between his time on The Block just last month and playing for Western Suburbs in 2019 Omar and his brothers have been heavily involved in developing the Afganistan Rugby Union team and infrastructure.

Here's an excerpt from a very long article on some of what they have done to get Afganistan Rugby Federation off the ground and into the future. Follow the link for more info...

What Is The Future Of Rugby In Afghanistan?

SEPTEMBER 6, 2021
Future Of Rugby In Afghanistan

The recent turmoil in Afghanistan has raised a number of issues for the short and long term future of the country. The Afghanistan Rugby Federation has steadily grown the sport, with more teams, competitions, age groups, and genders playing the sport. We wanted to find out about the state of the game and how positive those involved are about the future of rugby in Afghanistan.

Sabir Slaimankhel is the national Afghan rugby coach and player, while his brother Omar Slaimankhel is captain of the Afghanistan 7s side. The two are part of four brothers who represent the national rugby team!

After a series of WhatsApp exchanges, we managed to organise an online interview with Sabir, who from his home in Auckland, New Zealand, discussed the precarious situation in Afghanistan, how the Slaimankhels got involved with rugby in the country, and on his optimism about rugby in Afghanistan.

You are currently outside of Afghanistan – how did you get into rugby and how did you land up in New Zealand?

“Me and my brothers all played rugby in the back garden growing up in Auckland. Over lunchtimes and in the house. We were naturally gifted with genetics but it was also a passion we had.”

Auckland has been Sabir’s family home since the 1990s when the Slaimankhels moved to the rugby-crazed nation as refugees. The family fled their home in Afghanistan during the nine-year Soviet invasion and were among the five million Afghans who fled initially to find safety in Pakistan.

“We came to NZ in 1994 via my uncle who was an orthopaedic surgeon and he helped our family get over here. I was four years old – when you are young you are happy with everything. As you get older you get to appreciate things more. I have been going back and forth to Afghanistan from New Zealand and over the years and I am increasingly grateful for everything.”

Omar Slaimankhel Rugby

Omar Slaimankhel is a professional rugby player and Afghan national team player

Omar Slaimankhel – Afghanistan’s first pro rugby player​

Omar Slaimankhel’s rugby career has seen him represent junior rugby for Auckland and the Blues before signing a two-year contract with the Warriors in the NRL (National Rugby League). This probably means Omar was the first Afghan to become a professional league and rugby player.

Omar on his rugby roots: “We (the brothers) did all our schooling and footy in Auckland – We are all products of Auckland Boys Grammar School, which as many people are well aware of, is a huge rugby union school which over 50 All Blacks have attended. (This includes current AB players Akira and Rieko Loane).

My brother Zakir and I moved to Sydney to play rugby league and currently are living here with our families.”

Reactions: Worried2Death
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
175. SAM LOUSI
Last update

When we last looked at Sam Lousi whereabouts Michael Cheika had just convinced him to swap codes and play for the Warratahs RU. He would play 2 seasons with them as well as their feeder team then play 2 seasons with Wellington and the Hurricanes.

Lousi is now playing for Scarlet RU in Wales.

Screenshot 2022 12 10 81933 AM

BIOGRAPHY​

Sam joined the Scarlets after playing every game for Tonga at the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan. He had been a regular for New Zealand Super Rugby side the Hurricanes since making his debut in 2017 and was in the starting line-up that took on the British and Irish Lions the same year. Born in Auckland, Sam had previously played for the Waratahs in Australia and rugby league for the New Zealand Warriors NRL team in his early rugby career. Enjoyed an outstanding 2021-22 campaign and was voted the Scarlets' fans and players player of the season. Returned to international duty with Tonga during the 2022 Pacific Nations Cup and helped his country qualify for the 2023 Rugby World Cup thanks to a play-off victory over Hong Kong.

Reactions: Worried2Death
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
176. SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
Last update

Sebastone Ikahihifo was still playing for the Warriors in 2015. Strangely he would sign with the St George-Illawarra Dragons for 2 season in 2016 but be released almost immediately to sign for the Huddersfield Giants.

After spending 2 years on loan to Salford Red Devils Ikahihifo has just signed a contract to extend his time at Huddersfield until 2025...

18: SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO​

• Position: Prop
  • Height: 183cm
  • Weight: 110kg
  • DOB: 1991-01-27
Biography:

Ikahihifo signed for Huddersfield Giants in 2016 from St George Illawarra Dragons. The powerful forward made his debut for New Zealand Warriors in 2012.

After impressive performances in 2017 and 2018, Ikahihifo signed a three-year contract extension in 2018, keeping him at the club until the end of the 2021 season.

The 27-year old won the Toyota Cup in 2010 and 2011 for New Zealand Warriors. He was also named in the Super League Dream Team in 2017.

Ikahihifo is sponsored by The Burdsey Family.

Huddersfield Appearances: 43
2018 Season: Appearances: 11
Attack: Tackle Busts: 75 Carries: 2010 Metres: 1490
Defence: Tackles Made: 429

Sebastine Ikahihifo targets trophies after signing new deal

30th September 2022 Drew Darbyshire
Sebastine Ikahihifo Huddersfield Giants SWpix
Photo: Allan McKenzie/SWpix

Huddersfield have tied down former Super League Dream Team prop Sebastine Ikahihifo on a new deal which will see him remain at the Giants until the end of 2025.

The 31-year-old has made 91 appearances in the Claret and Gold across two spells since arriving in 2016.

Ikahihifo, a New Zealander who is of Tongan heritage, was named in the Super League Dream Team in 2017.

Huddersfield coach Ian Watson said: “It is brilliant that Seb’s staying with us for another two years.

“He’s an excellent individual to have the team, his tough and explosive style suits us perfectly. He leads by example and gets on with his job, which is a great attribute to have; and is a great asset in the squad.

“His carries, his efforts on and off the ball and explosive running style are perfect for the kind of side we have. At his best, he can be one of the best front-rowers in the competition. We’re delighted to keep him at Huddersfield Giants.”

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
177. CARLOS TUIMAVAVE
Last update

During our last update Carlos Tuimavave was signed with the Newcastle Knights. The following season he was released from his final year with the Knights and signed to play Super League with Hull FC where he is still playing to this day.

Screenshot 2022 12 11 64749 PM

Profile​

Boasting representative honours with the junior Kiwis whilst partnering New Zealand Test star Shaun Johnson in the halves, Carlos Tuimavave was once voted one of the top ten young players in the world back in 2012.

Tuimavave made his Black & Whites debut in the Round One victory against Salford Red Devils, and later in his maiden year he was required to deputise in the halves.

The Samoan international can also operate as a fullback, but his primary role is in the centres for the Airlie Birds.

Tuimavave is a slick, agile player with plenty of pace. He has settled into life in England, and in 2020, he was awarded the coveted Hull FC Player of the Year trophy.

Community Club: Mount Wellington Warriors

Sponsored by: Prime Processors

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
178. DANE NIELSEN
Last update

Dane Nielsen had just signed for the St George-Illawarra Dragons when we did our last updates however a couple months later he had his 2 year contract torn up after a drunken incident. Something that would be a recurring theme for Nielsen as he went from club to club even being dumped as captain-coach of the Junee Diesels after the former Queensland Origin representative again found himself in strife off the field in 2018.

Unfortunately I cant anything at all on Nielsen. I use to follow him Instagram and know he did a lot of fishing in the Mackay area but it seems he has deleted that account.

If anyone can help with this update please let us know...