General Warriors vs Titans Trial 2014

Benry's Smile

Benry's Smile

My first trial game. Never knew how dirty these local teams are. Do they feel like big men cheap shoting under 20s?

mrblonde

mrblonde

No there won't be any coverage...

TV coverage for the Warriors game on Wednesday (that's not gonna fly, is it? Okay....Wigan, then :) ), though and I'm pretty sure for the Broncos game.

Fingers crossed for no serious injuries out of today's game... I see one other team has already lost someone for the year with an ACL injury and Dean Halatau gone for 4 months with a broken ankle.

Jordan Kahu - Broncos - facing his third knee reconstruction on four seasons. Must be an absolute mindfuck going though all that rehab again...And again!!

DANZ

Mean game so far. Young ones are stepping up big time. Sione Lousi killing it with Vete. 22 mins gone 18 4 Warriors. Tui with a double...

really hoping Sione has a good season....could be the strong offloading forward we need

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Halftime. Titans clawed back some points. 18 16 Warriors. 2 tries 2 the tits in this quarter. No injury concerns. NYC players tackling well...

Reactions: ramps

Jordan G

Sounds promising for Lousi. He's one guy I'd love to see force a bench spot. For mine Matagi and Lousi could both cover backrow if needed to.

Bukuya/Lousi/Matagi hitting the fringes at various times would be a nightmare for the opposition.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Younguns getting a little sloppy. Fatigue setting in. 5 mins to go in the 3rd quarter 22 18 Titans...

Benry's Smile

Benry's Smile

Sione and the fish limping with ice strapped to their legs, how lovely

Jordan G

Yeah, not surprised to hear that tbh. I'd say Sione is a precaution after surgery last year, no point risking it if it's feeling sore.

Reactions: Sup42
ramps

ramps

36 18 Titans full time. Second half marred by poor ball security...
good first hit out imo, most of the team made up of fringe first graders and U20's against a strong titans line-up. how did lolohea go? and did the young pom boys get a run?

Fazz

Fazz

don't right them off bro. that was pretty much our under 20's vs their first grade team

Phew. I'm going to assume the coach took the first half seriously, we won it with the B team, and then dumped a the C team on.

Lets be real here, even if we won, just about none of the first choice team was there. This was a nothing game. Even the one against Wigan next week is a B team game. If we win, great. If we lose, meh. It's all about coming through the trials unscathed while unearthing a few decent back ups and answering a few positional questions.

BiggerD

BiggerD

don't right them off bro. that was pretty much our under 20's vs their first grade team

Lol I know..

I remember 1 year the Warriors won every Trial against some big teams like the Dogs etc
Everyone was saying this is going to be the Warriors year..
And they did'nt even make the Top 8

Reactions: ramps
ramps

ramps

Lol I know..

I remember 1 year the Warriors won every Trial against some big teams like the Dogs etc
Everyone was saying this is going to be the Warriors year..
And they did'nt even make the Top 8
true that. I think that was 2012 season.

Dixpat

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
Thanks for the updates from the trial

Any comment on how the new rules were ref'd/used/affected the game, particularly the 20m optional restart?