• Storm 12-

• Storm 13+

• Storm Cyclone!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was painful.....
Pretty boring second half.
Some positives to take from this, but still lots to learn.
Feel Kata could have injected himself more
Tui need to just run, stop doing little air jumps and shit, get the ball, and RUN FORREST RUN
Ata went really well,

that back-to-back-to back sequence of tackles at the back of first half was the game changer for me. We got behind marginally on the scoreboard, but mentally we didn't have the energy to fight back in second half.

Reactions: brightman

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Another +20 pts scored against us.

Defence win matches

Snitches gets stitches.

Warriors are suck.

Hmmm.... that didnt quite rhyme.

• Haha
Reactions: Inruin
i dont think its that the storm lie in the ruck but that they earn the right to take longer in the play the ball, we dont. the nrl gives sway to a 3 man tackle and will give the defence the benefit, we are the opposite with 2 men who have no body control and it looks more obvious that we are slowing it down.

We have slightly better defensive reads this year but we have a horrible tackling system and procedures around the ruck. We couldnt slow down a tortoise if we tried.

Gotta give credit to higano for his effort in defense, the spirit of Tommy is with him.

every time i see that dumb skip and step from lolohea i cringe

as many have said no one can control a ruck like the storm. its legit next level

That's it. Their strategy works in rain or sunshine, but works best in the rain, where they can sit on a lead and you have to take risks to get ahead of them. And in this weather risky play is not often rewarded.

Reactions: jsmooove
Storm beat the boys up Physically and with there game plan nothing more really gutsy esp defensively for long periods of that game just got beat by quality opposition.

More corcerning was the bland attack didn't offer much at all esp that 2nd half too much one out BS no way you can beat the storm like that.

I genuinely thought we were staring down the barrel of another 42-0 smacking. But it didn't happen.

Second game in, fullback/captain out in the second half, we were in it for 70 minutes - with spells of pretty bloody good defense.

I'm gunna 'glass half full' it and say I'm actually looking forward to next week's game against the mongrels.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
I'm calling it. Bring back Manu! Lolo is rubbish, we are lacking any forward impact whatsoever.
We are still getting errors, so let Manu make them, at least he'll be hitting it up at full pace!

Reactions: frankspence

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Bit sad that the young guys (ata, ken, bunty) are really trying while Johnson goes full can't bovvered, Luke nothing above serviceable. Props shown up. They might want to be careful about giving vete a big contract, he's okay, but he's not showing any signs of going to the next level.

I'm sure Kearney is well aware that forwards win games, time to shake up the selections or the rotation or something.

Best player goes off, game over from there.

i dont think its that the storm lie in the ruck but that they earn the right to take longer in the play the ball, we dont. the nrl gives sway to a 3 man tackle and will give the defence the benefit, we are the opposite with 2 men who have no body control and it looks more obvious that we are slowing it down.

We have slightly better defensive reads this year but we have a horrible tackling system and procedures around the ruck. We couldnt slow down a tortoise if we tried.

Gotta give credit to higano for his effort in defense, the spirit of Tommy is with him.
The Storm are the masters of the wrestle...and cheating
The number of times they got away with hands on the ball in the ruck slowing it down was crazy. We just don't get the same leeway from the refs.

I agree they focused on the rucks and we didn't. Their expertise in executing this simple strategy is drilled into them like crazy. It means we were always going backwards. And we could never give our backs the space they needed.

Yeah that second half was a bit of a grind to watch, not being able to finish our sets (Shaun Johnson sticking with the bomb to solid catchers with no chasers ad infinitum aaaaaah) was the most frustrating part for me. And Lolo lack of defense, even if he did get a reprieve from obstruction call.

First half was pretty impressive though.

Oh well, back to negative points different. .. 'tear

Status
Not open for further replies.