Pick Your Team 2023 Finals Week 1 - Penrith vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrFrankWhite MrFrankWhite The problem is Webby has selected him week after week. I don't know if he has experience to be like, yeah, you played your way out of these finals games.
This is my gut feeling too, Web will stick with Siro on the bench and play Ford for 80 despite Tom's excellent form yesterday, don't know the reasoning but I never question the mind of a genius.

Surprised at the overwhelming support for TMM to start. He was rusty in so many parts of his game and next week is a huge step up from Redcliffe. We are 3-3 with him in the team this season. I would start Dylan Walker at 6 and have TMM on the bench
I agree that TMM has been solid at best and was poor last week. The problem is Walker has been a game changer off the bench and we will need his energy boost against the Panthers.

I can actually see CHT wearing 6 next year and that wasn't something I was expecting

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry (assuming fit)
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Niukore
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Tevaga
16. Curran
17. Ale

18. Willame

Ale outplayed Bunty for bench spot last night. Jazz comes back in so Barnett starts. Curran played himself in.
Willame 18th to ensure NSW Cup team has Tuauapiki on deck for their semi.

Strongest team all season for week 1

What did you expect from him?

I expected that he would do at least a few kicks when they were flying up on Volkman and SJ has his quad issue so he may need to help with kicking next week. If he had taken 3 or 4 it may have just eased a bit of pressure for the rookie.

He is definitely in my team for next week, but would have liked to see a bit more leadership from.him

I have us at least 50 to 50 beat Penrith

1) they are missing their stand-off
2) we have a rested spine while they played 1 to 17 this week

On the All Blacks Silver Fern fan forum they have a great saying going into a World Cup semi final

Fire up Black

It’s time for the warriors nation and this message board to fire up. We are going into places we haven’t been in ten years this week. Get fired up
Support the boys all week and let this be a week of support on this message board we will all remember

Another reason we can win is we have Shaun Johnson and as good as he has played this seasonl, which has been the form of his life, he will lift into the stratosphere next week. Right now he is in the top two halves of the world with Cleary and you can argue Shsun has more big game experience

Fire up Warriors !!!

Wow we got the Saturday afternoon game. Common sense to move us to the Saturday given the long turn around for bris and storm. But talk was we would get the late sat game. Awesome they have given us a good time zone for the band wagoners.

Saturday can't come quick enough. Up the wahs
In the other thread, I said Webby has lined up Penrith - he wanted this game now with a life in the bank.

Watch the body language this week.

Ambush incoming. We locked away many of our attacking plays after the 3rd bye. Jazz and TMM back. I’m picking something special here.

I can sense an upset to turn this comp on its head.

In the other thread, I said Webby has lined up Penrith - he wanted this game now with a life in the bank.

Watch the body language this week.

Ambush incoming. We locked away many of our attacking plays after the 3rd bye. Jazz and TMM back. I’m picking something special here.

I can sense an upset to turn this comp on its head.
Yeah. I've said on the old forum that we've been playing very abc so we couldn't get scouted.

I can't wait until next week.

So what do we think the blueprint is? Cause I sure as hell don't know...I missed the Penrith v Parra game from 2 weeks ago, and wondered what it was that got them to a solid W.

Thoughts?

Shaun Johnson will put on a golden boot level performance on Saturday
And afb will take the engine out of 3rd gear into 4th gear for the first time this year
In Canada in the playoffs the Canadians say “ now the real season will begin”
Everyone is about to see the warriors at full potential and it will be a sight to behold.

Guys don’t worry about TMM, he will be fine. It was his first game back after a huge lay off, playing in a B team that got monstered the whole game. What did you expect from him?

He is a class player who will be much better next week. He is twice as good as any other 6’s we have, including Metcalf

Yeah I cannot understand guys worried about TMM playing. That game for starters was just a show run, no one apart from Dylan Walker who was made captain wanted to be there.

We were just going through the motions and trying not to get hurt or suspended.

Completely different game this Saturday.

It is like worrying SJ has been quiet, or this guy or that, no point in worrying about it, this is a final, they will go all out and that for me is good enough.

It is unfortunate TMM is not fully fit and rolling but that is life. Time to put away the worried mind and get on the ride.

Last edited:
1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 A Pompey
5 M Montoya
6 T M Martin
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 J Ford
12 M Niukore
13 T Harris

14 F Lussick
15 D Walker
16 T Ale
17 J Curran
Agree with this team.

To battle the Panthers I would roll the dice on no Lussick and roll another forward.

Unsure who though but someone from a similar mould of Cotter/Murray like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back