Votes: 17 21.0%
  • F

Votes: 44 54.3%

• Total voters

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I honestly believe the Warriors talk about life after Brown already, I mean they know more than anyone that there is every chance their incumbent coach is not forever.
Hook Griffin is not working out at the Dragons, Madge is not working out at the Tigers, nobody is working out at the Broncos.

My point is that Brown has not really worked out anywhere, so why was he signed? Because there was nobody else.

A question, you are out in the country, you have a breakdown and make it to a local garage run by a hillbilly out of Deliverance. If it was Dominion Road you wouldn't go near the guy, but what do you do, and where do you go next time?

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Very strange considering it's a Masoe try celebration round. Reminded me of the old school all blacks, don't show any emotion, focus on the next try.
I have to say as a kid I wondered how much of that "don't be happy when you score a try" thing was "Shucks, 'twernt nuffin!" or "Shit! Everyone's bloody looking at me!"

I remember getting grief as a kid because my brother and I watched football - "Big League Soccer" and the F A Cup were it - and in that sport, the players enjoyed scoring goals. Bunch of poofters, thought a lot of young boys in the early 80s.

As to Bunty's indifference, maybe he tought "About bloody time!" ie the internal critic was yelling "Ya first try for 2021! Took ya long enough!" Whatever, he's never been the most expressive Warrior...He's not as bad as the Irish Setter or Wayne Bennett, but he's getting there. And, to be fair, not being signed anywhere for 2022 at this point would not make him the happiest camper.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Hook Griffin is not working out at the Dragons, Madge is not working out at the Tigers, nobody is working out at the Broncos.

My point is that Brown has not really worked out anywhere, so why was he signed? Because there was nobody else.

A question, you are out in the country, you have a breakdown and make it to a local garage run by a hillbilly out of Deliverance. If it was Dominion Road you wouldn't go near the guy, but what do you do, and where do you go next time?
That's always been my argument about dumping Warriors coaches.

If we dump the hillbilly from Deliverance, are we going to stand there in the middle of the road, thumb out, hoping that The World's Best Mechanic just so happens to be travelling hillbilly country looking for a Ford Cortina to fix?! No, he's in town on Dominion Road fixing those BMWs and getting shitloads of cash for it. If the Hillbilly Mechanic fixes our car so we can make it to Dominion Road, yes, we'll go to the World's Best Mechanic who'll do things to it the Hillbilly Mechanic absolutely couldn't. Turn it from a First Class Ford Cortina to a BMW. But we'll be telling everyone about that Hillbilly Mechanic on the backroads who'll get your car moving again.

And maybe the Hillbilly Mechanic likes that just fine. Doesn't want to faced with some bloody BMW he has no idea what the eff to do with. Ford Cortinas, on the other hand...

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
That's always been my argument about dumping Warriors coaches.

If we dump the hillbilly from Deliverance, are we going to stand there in the middle of the road, thumb out, hoping that The World's Best Mechanic just so happens to be travelling hillbilly country looking for a Ford Cortina to fix?! No, he's in town on Dominion Road fixing those BMWs and getting shitloads of cash for it. If the Hillbilly Mechanic fixes our car so we can make it to Dominion Road, yes, we'll go to the World's Best Mechanic who'll do things to it the Hillbilly Mechanic absolutely couldn't. Turn it from a First Class Ford Cortina to a BMW. But we'll be telling everyone about that Hillbilly Mechanic on the backroads who'll get your car moving again.

And maybe the Hillbilly Mechanic likes that just fine. Doesn't want to faced with some bloody BMW he has no idea what the eff to do with. Ford Cortinas, on the other hand...
My guess is you have never dealt with a rural garage mate.

So to ask what to do next time I can assure you when I lived in the backblocks, I and most people I knew would travel some distance to a reputable workshop.

Many of those guys live off low earning people or beneficiaries who need credit, which is a tough life. When they see somebody who can actually pay cash their eyes light up like a Queensland croc looking at a fat white guy.

So in the case of the club, they have dealt with the claytons coach, cos nobody else was interested, but they now have a much better roster, and time and will have more choice.

Sticking with Brown because he is a nice guy has got nothing to do with it.

and before any sock, Russian or Chinese agent claims they have a good local rural mechanic, I say good for you, well done, now go and find us a good coach.

davo

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 29, 2016

I`ll tentatively beg to disagree, I belive Brown is "working out" for a better future. Dramatic change is afoot and aside from these close matches lost I see great strides being made , on and off the field. Culture has changed !

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
  • Love
Reactions: Sup42 and bruce

kavafred

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2013
According to some here he is an impact player, especially close to the line.

He has made 6 tries and 8 line breaks this season and averaged 74 running metres.

Those figures are made for Super League, which is where he belongs.
If you just go on stats then Leeson, Jazz, Sironen, Evans, Bunty and others should go to superleague too. Once they get combinations sorted Ben Murdoch-Masila will be a beast on the edge. Just need to get a settled lineup. A good half would have a field day with Ben Murdoch-Masila on his outside. I get that the 2017 WC still hurts but you must find closure and move forward ;)

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

Burncity warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 11, 2021
Leeson Ah-Mau has been one of the most consistent forwards ever since he arrived, and he is also very dangerous close to the line.

Bunty is genuine NRL first grade.

The others are bargain basement.
Leeson does work hard. I'll say that. But I can't see him being offered another contract at this stage, with Bunty resigning and the acquisition of Pene and Lodge. Evans still has a year to go. At some stage we have to give a homegrown kid a crack too like Ale.

Bunty reminds me a lil of Sam Rapira, very solid in contact, hard to put a shot on him..he just needs more minutes and consistency to get to a Rapira level.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings