Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
Stuff reported last night:

<<Green's absence means that Peta Hiku will again play in the halves with Chanel Harris-Tavita. Kiwi international Gerard Beale comes off the extended interchange list to play at right centre.
Nathaniel Roache, who has been out since the first game of the season with a calf strain looks set for a place on the interchange, while prop Sam Lisone has been left out of the team completely.
With Roache and Jazz Tevaga in the team as well as Issac Luke, it gives the Warriors potentially three options at hooker, although Tevaga will also fill in at lock.
Centre Solomone Kata, who was also under an injury cloud, having not been able to fully take part in Tuesday's training session, appears good to go, but the Warriors have still kept Patrick Herbert in their squad as cover. >>

Kata is “good to go” it says. Sloppy journalism. Who knows what it means....Herbert is Kata’s cover, so what’s Beale about?

Last edited:

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Stuff reported last night:

<<Green's absence means that Peta Hiku will again play in the halves with Chanel Harris-Tavita. Kiwi international Gerard Beale comes off the extended interchange list to play at right centre.
Nathaniel Roache, who has been out since the first game of the season with a calf strain looks set for a place on the interchange, while prop Sam Lisone has been left out of the team completely.
With Roache and Jazz Tevaga in the team as well as Issac Luke, it gives the Warriors potentially three options at hooker, although Tevaga will also fill in at lock.
Centre Solomone Kata, who was also under an injury cloud, having not been able to fully take part in Tuesday's training session, appears good to go, but the Warriors have still kept Patrick Herbert in their squad as cover. >>

Kata is “good to go” it says. Sloppy journalism. Who knows what it means....Herbert is Kata’s cover, so what’s Beale about?

Beale comes in for Hiku who moves to the halves (same as last week)

Interesting with the potentially small bench. Daniel Anderson spoke of the fact that he would go with a small bench these days in order to play up tempo and be mobile in defense in the last 15 mins of each game

East Stand

Warriors Bench Player
Jan 8, 2018
Our yardage game with RTS, Fus and Maumalo will be beneficial today, looks a lot stronger than what the Cowboys have to offer. Looking forwards to seeing how CHT goes again, and the Jazz, Roache combo on bench if it happens excites me. We need to play up tempo to be successful in my opinion. A good chance to get to 3-3 for the season.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Interesting with the potentially small bench. Daniel Anderson spoke of the fact that he would go with a small bench these days in order to play up tempo and be mobile in defense in the last 15 mins of each game

Problem being that tends to be Kearney's go to play early stages of a game as opposed to the last 15.

Nothing wrong with upping the tempo however with a whole lot of smallish bodies on the park you tend to find you'll struggle winning the ruck as they cant slow the ptb's of the bigger blokes by dominating the wrestle and turning then on their backs, likewise its harder to get front foot ball as their generally dominated in the tackle which affects the time and space of your attack.......which i thought happened a lot last season when we bought Jazz on and went the 1 prop route.

It's a trade off for sure and requires a fine line of balance and knowing when to pull the trigger with the interchange.......something Kearney really hasnt mastered yet.

That said, we may get away with it tonight as the Cowboys are pretty shitty atm.

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Ohwell if it all turns to custard due to our mighty midget bench, theres only one person to blame so that will make it easy.

Make it 3/3 Warriors, this game is there to be won. Don't flounder around like last week, and throw away a certain 2 points due to having such low footy IQ.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Our yardage game with RTS, Fus and Maumalo will be beneficial today, looks a lot stronger than what the Cowboys have to offer. Looking forwards to seeing how CHT goes again, and the Jazz, Roache combo on bench if it happens excites me. We need to play up tempo to be successful in my opinion. A good chance to get to 3-3 for the season.

Let's watch the use of the word "tempo". We don't want SK to start shaking his head and saying "Not quite my tempo." Those of us who've seen "Whiplash" know that phrase leads to nowhere good.

The Cowboys have more problems than just "we're adjusting to life without a future rugby league immortal." Their backline doesn't scare anybody, for a start.

Warriors 8+. CHT to continue his 100% kicking streak.

"Y'know" and "Um" to make their debuts in a Warriors press conference.

Last edited:

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
I was confident of a win this week until I saw the opening post- that bench makes me nauseous🤮

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
I think well win ... but It'll be ugly ... I'm more interested to see how dumb were gonna be and if the IQ levels have improved. The wins we had so far only covers up the dumb stupidity the good teams expose when they flog us.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Problem being that tends to be Kearney's go to play early stages of a game as opposed to the last 15.

Nothing wrong with upping the tempo however with a whole lot of smallish bodies on the park you tend to find you'll struggle winning the ruck as they cant slow the ptb's of the bigger blokes by dominating the wrestle and turning then on their backs, likewise its harder to get front foot ball as their generally dominated in the tackle which affects the time and space of your attack.......which i thought happened a lot last season when we bought Jazz on and went the 1 prop route.

It's a trade off for sure and requires a fine line of balance and knowing when to pull the trigger with the interchange.......something Kearney really hasnt mastered yet.

That said, we may get away with it tonight as the Cowboys are pretty shitty atm.

Yeah I think it relies on Ah Mau and Paasi being able to play long minutes. That is a big ask with all the travel we do

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
Beale comes in for Hiku who moves to the halves (same as last week)

I think by small they mean Radley etc who are still fairly big, we have a different definition of small in this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings