General warriors v dragons

warriors4life_old

Fien kicks a 40/20 from dummy half...has come a long way from slamming them into the advertisements.

edguy_old

Beau Henry's Dad has to be one of these blokes;

https://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/5685.html

Or more likely this bloke on the right...

https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/shared/spl/hi/cricket/02/ashes/classic_clashes/html/1986.stm

I take back everything I ever said about Jerome Ropati v Suiatonga Likiliki. Likiliki's played a busted bum tonight. Been absolutely smashed, running like a snail in D.

think you are being a bit harsh on the bloke for one bad game mate...
how about a whole season of mediocrity from j ro ..??

it was 30 odd degrees out there ,playing in front of the saints home crowd .all our players were missing tackles etc.. i saw about half way thru the first half likiliki limping back into the defensive line ..looked like he had picked up some sort of leg injury ...
so yeah id give him a break ...

kingkole_old

Iam disapointed with the result but my loyalty was split both ways as my nephew was the num 3 centre and scored a pretty good try at least i got a bit of joy.

motu1_old

yeah i remember watching him in a arive alive grand final i think and he scored a try
he's a pretty good player if were talking about the same bloke

Jesbass_old

Dean Whare, yeah? Do you reckon he'll be able to break into first grade any time soon?

motu1_old

i think kyle stanley will be quite good in a few years warriors should have a look

stanley
johnson

would be an alright combination

KeepingTheFaith_old

Our forwards got dominated, and to be fair that's been the story for most of the season in the U20's. Ah Mau went into this game carrying a slight injury and he was our only chance of controlling the saints pack. We had no chance.

I hope there are better forwards coming through next season, especially at prop.

edguy_old

very smart on behalf of the dragons to not let us have a water break ....
if i was tony iro i would have got someone to pretend to be injured after about 20 mins , and slow down the game ....

kingkole_old

yeah the boys looked fatigued due to heat ,as for Dean whare he signed a two year contract with manly hes been held in high regard for sometime and mark gasnier wrote in the telegraph that he rated him the best junior in the club at the time as a family we where hoping he didnt play 1st grade to early
and yeah it was him playing arrive alive played 3 years at endeavor college his older brother and little bro where in the team as well so i hope he steps up next year.

garyhobson_old

Manly seem to manage to sign good talent, they have already have so much depth in the centres and backs. Is he eligble for NZ? I saw on the Dragons website last year he was listed as a five eight.

kingkole_old

YES HE IS eligible for NZ and his oldman wont have it any otherway he has played alot of rep footy for NSW but got injured when he was selected for the JK as 4 OUR JUNIOR WARRIORS dont be to harsh boys they have alot of talent i tend to think the heat beat us as well as our opponents so good on them for having a good year.

Jesbass_old

YES HE IS eligible for NZ and his oldman wont have it any otherway he has played alot of rep footy for NSW but got injured when he was selected for the JK as 4 OUR JUNIOR WARRIORS dont be to harsh boys they have alot of talent i tend to think the heat beat us as well as our opponents so good on them for having a good year.

I only caught the back end of the match, but I understand that we asked for a drinks break, but because the Dragons disagreed, we weren't allowed one? Isn't that a tad...biased? Y'know, even playing field, and all that?

Iafeta_old

I only caught the back end of the match, but I understand that we asked for a drinks break, but because the Dragons disagreed, we weren't allowed one? Isn't that a tad...biased? Y'know, even playing field, and all that?

I think its cynical that the NRL doesn't make the final decision. It was reminiscent of the Cowboys/Warriors semi in 2006 where we had to play in black from memory, we also had no water breaks, and the game was mid afternoon in the hot as hell Townsville climate. I understand there should be a natural rate of attrition associated with natural conditions, but that also was a farcical. Personally, I don't think the NRL has any balls when it comes to serious issues, and frankly this to me is an OH&S issue.

think you are being a bit harsh on the bloke for one bad game mate...
how about a whole season of mediocrity from j ro ..??

it was 30 odd degrees out there ,playing in front of the saints home crowd .all our players were missing tackles etc.. i saw about half way thru the first half likiliki limping back into the defensive line ..looked like he had picked up some sort of leg injury ...
so yeah id give him a break ...

The worst injury Likiliki seemed to have yesterday was a pulled heartstring. He played exactly the same as J'Ro at a lower level.

I would suggest the Warriors as a club have a massive, massive, massive issue with their up and in defence. Their centre channels are being busted in all grades far worse than any other team. It requires clinical reads, and frankly we're not that good at making those reads. We're better off giving away some territory and working our butt off to slide and cover inside lines.

Jesbass_old

I think its cynical that the NRL doesn't make the final decision. It was reminiscent of the Cowboys/Warriors semi in 2006 where we had to play in black from memory, we also had no water breaks, and the game was mid afternoon in the hot as hell Townsville climate. I understand there should be a natural rate of attrition associated with natural conditions, but that also was a farcical. Personally, I don't think the NRL has any balls when it comes to serious issues, and frankly this to me is an OH&S issue.

The only thing I remember about that match was a user on here who was convinced that wearing black clothing in hot sunshine is not different from wearing white and has no effect on temperature... :mod:

motu1_old

has anything been said about that missed converstion against melbourne
maybe it would have been better to play melbourne again

Spence_old

Our forwards got dominated, and to be fair that's been the story for most of the season in the U20's. Ah Mau went into this game carrying a slight injury and he was our only chance of controlling the saints pack. We had no chance.

I hope there are better forwards coming through next season, especially at prop.

I know two MAGS forwards have signed with the Warriors - Emmett Watch and Ma'afu Likiliki. I don't know who else they have signed for next year.

2big2strong_old

Is Ma'afu related to Siutonga?

Also, is Glen Fisi'iahi related to David and the other brother who's name escapes me?

Viking_old

Is Ma'afu related to Siutonga?

Also, is Glen Fisi'iahi related to David and the other brother who's name escapes me?

Yes and yes. Paul is the other brother I think.

I saw Ma'afu play in the Auckland 20s grand final in the weekend as a prop for Glenora, he's not bad but it's a tough grade to stand out in. James Te Pou was the difference and scored a couple of tries to help Glenora pinch a 3 point win. I haven't seen much of Ma'afu but he certainly wouldn't be a starting prop in the Warrior's 20s next year. I don't know about Emmet either he's always been good but not a standout. Lance Sua Poe should be up there in the reckoning for starting prop if he's not injured. He's a massive unit, fast for a big man and has a nose for the try line. There's no props the calibre of Leeson out there IMO but Wellington always has a few suprises, they have a very good junior development program running.

edguy_old

The worst injury Likiliki seemed to have yesterday was a pulled heartstring. He played exactly the same as J'Ro at a lower level.

I would suggest the Warriors as a club have a massive, massive, massive issue with their up and in defence. Their centre channels are being busted in all grades far worse than any other team. It requires clinical reads, and frankly we're not that good at making those reads. We're better off giving away some territory and working our butt off to slide and cover inside lines.

Clarence: You must be out your goddamn mind! Joe Louis is the greatest boxer that ever lived. I'll be with you boys in a minute. He was better than Cassius Clay, he was better than Sugar Ray, and that new dude--what's his name? Mike Tyson?--looks like a bulldog; he was better than him too.
Saul: What about Rocky Marciano?
Clarence: Oh, there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't ****.
Saul: He beat Joe Louis' ass.
Morris: That's right, he did whoop Joe Louis' ass.
Clarence: Joe Louis was seventy five years old when they fought.
Morris: I don't know how old he was, but he got his ass whooped.
Clarence: Joe Louis had come out of retirement to fight Rocky Marciano the minute he was seventy six years old. Joe Louis is always lying about his age. He lie about his age all the time. One time Frank Sinatra came in here and sat in this chair. I said Frank 'you hang out with Joe Louis, just between me and you, how old is Joe Louis.' You know what Frank told me, he said "Hey, Joe Louis is 137 years old." A hundred and thirty-seven years old!
Sweets: Oh. Man, you ain't never meet no Frank Sinatra.
Clarence: Fu*k you, fu*k you, and fu*k you! Who's next?!