Social Finding Heidi podcast

Ian Wishart should read this thread for his next book, it's like Warriors Underbelly, pretty sure Dean Olds was talking to Bear Turner on here earlier.

Sup it's a shame you can't write a book without getting whacked bro, I'd love to read it. And Bruce, Ian Wishhart is a shyster and God bothering dipstick by the way.

Last edited:
Yeah good family, Tim is her brother.

Did you meet Ben Ngapo from four troop NZSAS? he is buried over Kenedy Bay. He ran the Ardmore millitary prison for years.

He is another SAS man from that area that served in NAM and Malaya. Ben stayed in the special air service till he retired, so one of the originals and a lifer eh.

I remember two guys Jumped him in the Forge Carpark in Papakura. One grabbed him from behind and the other struck him, he pretended to be knocked out so the guy let him go and she was all over after that.
Yes, that is what I thought, Win is a Mangakahia.
I didn't know Ben Ngapo. Kennedy Bay is long way by road but I fished the entrance to Kennedy Bay many times, off the rocks, access by sea.
I knew the coastline well.

Episode 14 is now available free.

Very interested in peoples thoughts on the female witness that features. If she’s telling the truth I think the key elements of the story fall into place. If…

I've started listening at 1.25 speed he's so painfully slow. I listen to This Warriors Life at half speed to try to keep up with Fonzie's analysis and breakdowns.
yeah its painfully slow. started listening to it and still on ep 3. I really dislike the pauses the guy does. Doesnt seem like the best story teller. Can hope that it only gets better but right now it just feels so average.

yeah its painfully slow. started listening to it and still on ep 3. I really dislike the pauses the guy does. Doesnt seem like the best story teller. Can hope that it only gets better but right now it just feels so average.
I find the content is overshared. Could be cut down to just more key stuff.

Having said that as a record of everything he’s investigated and for future research it’s thoroughly documented and in the record now.

Entertainment vs comprehensiveness.

Not my style but I appreciate the way he’s done it.

I find the content is overshared. Could be cut down to just more key stuff.

Having said that as a record of everything he’s investigated and for future research it’s thoroughly documented and in the record now.

Entertainment vs comprehensiveness.

Not my style but I appreciate the way he’s done it.
It’s deliberately a ‘live investigation’ delivery rather than a narrative delivery

I expect that at some point he will distill the investigation into a 2 hour summary of what he believes happened

I think he ended prematurely (and hopefully temporarily) because things got a bit hot

Yes you have to wade through I am afraid.

He gets a bit better and you grow used to him.

I think I got to episode 4 when I skipped to the one called My Effing Hero, which is where it gets concerning and the pieces all start to make sense.

I thought it's pretty a poorly made podcast... but the story is so compelling and sad it's worth persevering.

It's charted really well on the Apple Podcast charts - so I'm a bit surprised the media aren't jumping over the recent developments a bit more, surely it's only a matter of time till the case blows up bigger again.

It's charted really well on the Apple Podcast charts - so I'm a bit surprised the media aren't jumping over the recent developments a bit more, surely it's only a matter of time till the case blows up bigger again.
Maybe, but I think the other way.

Stuff gave it a ew paragraphs back in July, not a dicky bird since. So I think they see nothing in it.

The Detective Sergeant Del Read, when asked for an interview said "I am not talking to you about this!!" In other words fark off dickhead.

It seems the big news is that Tamihere killed Heidi but not where, when and how the Police allege, and he didn't kill Sven, not alone anyway.

IMO that s not big news.

For example:

I have no doubt Arthur Allan Thomas did not kill the Crewes the way the Police said he did, but he still did it.
There is a lot of doubt that the Sands murder in Ranui happened the way the Police said, but it did happen, and the accused did it.
Many claim that David Bain didn't kill his family they way the Police said he did, but the Police are bloody sure he did, no matter what..

To that the average person says so farking what? They got the bastards, that is what counts.

However, like always, I stand to be corrected, but I have heard so many promises of something really big, that isn't.

Very interested in peoples thoughts on the female witness that features. If she’s telling the truth I think the key elements of the story fall into place. If…
It’s hard to tell what’s real. Some of the memories seem very precise from something that happened a long time ago and wouldn’t have been out of the ordinary at the time.

But it seems clear something went down at Whangamata with the Turners. And very clear the police were completely on the wrong path, even if they had the right man…

It will be interesting listening to the last episode.

Doesnt seem like the best story teller
That is my beef.
He is a trained lawyer, or maybe he just has a law degree, there is a difference.
Lawyers are trained story tellers, that is their job. He would send a jury to sleep.

I listened this afternoon.

Now I might be a dumb shite, but I heard her say Heidi went up the road in the green car with David Tamihere, and never came back...and I understand was never seen again.

She also said the boys in that family liked blondes, and could have killed the guy to get him out of the way. Really?

So how many other guys have they murdered to get at a blonde girlfriend? That does not stack up as a motive. Just a hunch but I sense a drug rip off gone wrong, as they usually do.

How did Sven and Heidi get there from Thames. They had Tamihere with them in Thames, and also up the road later. Did he talk them into going there to score dope?

There are heaps of unanswered questions here, my gut feeling at the moment is that the bombshell is that the Police got the circumstances wrong, and got the wrong guy for killing Sven, maybe, because as I heard it Tamihere was there with them, and Sven.

If he was totally innocent Tamihere had the chance to come clean at the time, why didn't he?

I don't know the Court of Appeal would listen to that, unless there is clear evidence that the Police have acted improperly.

That woman, who is now in her fifties is interesting. She sounds very well spoken but pronounces some words really dumb... like "arkse" instead of "ask".

Also, like the others Ryan Wolf has spoken to, they have convenient poor memories. That case was famous, and in the news constantly.

However, as always, I stand to be corrected.

But it seems clear something went down at Whangamata with the Turners. And very clear the police were completely on the wrong path, even if they had the right man…
They were on the wrong path with Crosbies Clearing, maybe, but they did get into gear when Sven's body was found, in 1991.

I listened this afternoon.

Now I might be a dumb shite, but I heard her say Heidi went up the road in the green car with David Tamihere, and never came back...and I understand was never seen again.

She also said the boys in that family liked blondes, and could have killed the guy to get him out of the way. Really?

So how many other guys have they murdered to get at a blonde girlfriend? That does not stack up as a motive. Just a hunch but I sense a drug rip off gone wrong, as they usually do.

How did Sven and Heidi get there from Thames. They had Tamihere with them in Thames, and also up the road later. Did he talk them into going there to score dope?

There are heaps of unanswered questions here, my gut feeling at the moment is that the bombshell is that the Police got the circumstances wrong, and got the wrong guy for killing Sven, maybe, because as I heard it Tamihere was there with them, and Sven.

If he was totally innocent Tamihere had the chance to come clean at the time, why didn't he?

I don't know the Court of Appeal would listen to that, unless there is clear evidence that the Police have acted improperly.

That woman, who is now in her fifties is interesting. She sounds very well spoken but pronounces some words really dumb... like "arkse" instead of "ask".

Also, like the others Ryan Wolf has spoken to, they have convenient poor memories. That case was famous, and in the news constantly.

However, as always, I stand to be corrected.
To me the entire account is very vague, except that she is sure Tamihere was there, which wasn’t in her earlier police statement (but which she says is by deliberate omission by police) …

To me the entire account is very vague, except that she is sure Tamihere was there, which wasn’t in her earlier police statement (but which she says is by deliberate omission by police) …
I think vague because it is going nowhere. The Police would have figured this out back in 1991 IMO.

With stretched resources there is not a lot of interest in spending time on drug offenders killing each other. I think it might be that simple.

Back