International England vs Tonga Tour 2023

mt.wellington

Contributor
England vs Tonga Tour 2023

386765846_810949217698730_4793112298123218154_n.jpg

Looking forward to this series- should be a cracker.
Not too fused who wins but leaning towards Great Britain because I think it’s important for the game to have a strong northern hemisphere side- without them international footy isn’t very international really.
I think they can get it done at home but hoping for a close series and a decider.

Looking forward to this series- should be a cracker.
Not too fused who wins but leaning towards Great Britain because I think it’s important for the game to have a strong northern hemisphere side- without them international footy isn’t very international really.
I think they can get it done at home but hoping for a close series and a decider.
Im thinking England will win it although Im fully MMT represent. My prediction is England will wipe the floor with MMT Game 1. In Game 2 England again but a much better showing from MMT and Game 3 will be all Tongas way. Recent history has always shown that MMT takes time to group together and that's made worse by the fact that the vast majority of the team are heading over from Australasia...

Im thinking England will win it although Im fully MMT represent. My prediction is England will wipe the floor with MMT Game 1. In Game 2 England again but a much better showing from MMT and Game 3 will be all Tongas way. Recent history has always shown that MMT takes time to group together and that's made worse by the fact that the vast majority of the team are heading over from Australasia...
Funnily enough that’s what I was thinking so me and the Missus are off to Headingley for the third game rather than the first

Jai Field qualify on residency grounds for England yet?

Hasn't played six for awhile but put him in the halfs with Georgey boy, Welsby at the back, and you've got a pretty gun spine on attack.

Tonga A looks a solid squad as well. Happy for the island nations to have depth as well. Just waiting on the kiwis A squad to drop. Seems Samoa and Tonga are way more organised including their social media etc. I feel a little embarrassed as a Kiwis supporter.

Do you think Madge has lost the dressing room, looks like a shambles so far.
I wouldnt say hes lost the dressing room, but the high performance dept of the NZRL has been poor for quite sometime. Look at Tonga had all 3 of their squads listed earlier in the week and are already into their fan media days etc. We havent even seen our NZ A team yet and we dont even know whos coaching them. Its abit ad hoc and even on a short turnaround those other small nations are more organized than us.

Most of the squad has returned which is a sign of support. My main concern is that Madge hasn't really improved the team. Barring the semi final last year it was a pretty poor tournament from the Kiwis, almost lost to Fiji, really poor structure. I'm hoping we can move forward and truly develop more consistent performances I just haven't seen it under Madge yet.

I wouldnt say hes lost the dressing room, but the high performance dept of the NZRL has been poor for quite sometime. Look at Tonga had all 3 of their squads listed earlier in the week and are already into their fan media days etc. We havent even seen our NZ A team yet and we dont even know whos coaching them. Its abit ad hoc and even on a short turnaround those other small nations are more organized than us.

Most of the squad has returned which is a sign of support. My main concern is that Madge hasn't really improved the team. Barring the semi final last year it was a pretty poor tournament from the Kiwis, almost lost to Fiji, really poor structure. I'm hoping we can move forward and truly develop more consistent performances I just haven't seen it under Madge yet.
Can't help wondering if SJ would play for someone else, Madge is a passionate guy but I've always thought he's a feckin idiot as a coach. Get Bennett and Mooks back, best combo we've had.

Back