bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Interesting watching TV yesterday, I was doing some channel surfing during the reserves game and got the NZ Golf Open from Queenstown where lo and behold the clubs co-owner Kevin Robinson, a five handicapper, was playing in the pro am. He is obviously very relaxed that then club is in good hands!!

• Haha
Reactions: Johnnyray

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
I really like the idea of swapping Kata. I actually think he had a very good year last year, particulalry compared to 2017.

Fusitua is so good that Sols job really is just to feed him, I would be happy if that is the strategy and have faith that Sol can do that.

Big Kenny on the other hand is not quite as agile, he needs a centre to put him away as opposed to being fed the ball to go to work.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I really like the idea of swapping Kata. I actually think he had a very good year last year, particulalry compared to 2017.

Fusitua is so good that Sols job really is just to feed him, I would be happy if that is the strategy and have faith that Sol can do that.

Big Kenny on the other hand is not quite as agile, he needs a centre to put him away as opposed to being fed the ball to go to work.

Also like that if needed that side Roger Tuivasa-Sheck can just skip straight to Fusitua if it’s on

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
It was almost like Ken had been working with a sprint coach in the offseason. That pickup scoop from dummy, and half break he showed some real pace off the mark.

Hes in for a big season!! I think that Kiwis callup might have finally flicked that switch in his head, that he can be anything he wants to be.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
It was almost like Ken had been working with a sprint coach in the offseason. That pickup scoop from dummy, and half break he showed some real pace off the mark.

Hes in for a big season!! I think that Kiwis callup might have finally flicked that switch in his head, that he can be anything he wants to be.
Yeah I’m amazed with his transformation last year, I was ready to write him off before last season

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
If Paul Turner plays like that to start the season in ISP, then surely it becomes a three man race with Chanel Harris-Tavita and AK. Keeping in mind its only trials which literally mean nothing when assessing the form of players and the team as whole, I've been pretty disappointed in Chanel Harris-Tavita and AK myself. IMO Paul Turner has the highest ceiling of the three of them, so will be interesting to see how he plays in the early part of the season in ISP and if he starts getting some first grade consideration this year. He's as ready for first grade as Chanel Harris-Tavita (aka not ready at all) so theres not much to lose.

But if picking for round one, I'd go for Chanel Harris-Tavita over AK just for the creativity side, which is something that I think Blake Green sometimes lacks, I can see our attack stalling massively with Green and AK on at the same time.

Really impressed with Tom Ale. For me he gets a spot on the interchange in first grade, he basically takes Jazz's spot as someone who can cover all non-spine positions (prop, second row, lock, centre). The guy just gives off "game changer" vibes. Our most dynamic prospect at the moment by far.

It also looks like Hayze might be making the move into the halves permanently which could be interesting, with Israel Ogden playing fullback in ISP (huge wraps on this guy before his injury, was doing first grade preseason training as a 17 year old).

NgatiWarriors

U20's Player
Nov 26, 2016
My take on the trials, AK will start due to his better defence, Burr is first grade material, Herbert will be the No1 center in 2020. Ken will be the top try scorer for the Warriors in 2019 thanks to Hiku’s Passing game. Our boys won’t be out muscled this year thanks to AhMau and Afoa, but we will be vulnerable to mobile teams with quick play the balls. All the hookers passing games have improved so ups to the skills coach. Pulu, Roach, Tevaga, Burr is a scrap for last spot on the bench. Lisone to play reserve grade.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Interesting watching TV yesterday, I was doing some channel surfing during the reserves game and got the NZ Golf Open from Queenstown where lo and behold the clubs co-owner Kevin Robinson, a five handicapper, was playing in the pro am. He is obviously very relaxed that then club is in good hands!!
They had him on screen again this afternoon partnering Josh Geary. Robinson was proudly wearing his new Warriors cap but all they described him as was being from Autex. Rahs rahs!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Johnnyray

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
The Manu Ken comparisons are interesting.

Manu could score like no one.

Ken is a much better defensive player which is a huge up for a Warriors edge.

Ken may never reach Manu's heights as a prop, under Kearney he won't have to, do all the kick returns.

Did you all notice Fusitua bowl a few people and get up fast ? bulking up seems to suit him.

Manu didn't have the hard workers these young kids are, Kata and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
One of the criticisms of the last few years has been guys not doubling up on plays and supporting after they have passed or done their part of the play.

I watched Chanel Harris-Tavita on one of our latter tries. He went to ground but got up and went through to support he wasn't needed but he was running through in case he was needed.

Ok for the example with Chanel Harris-Tavita that could be put down as a young guy needing to impress for a spot. but it does seem like with the extra fitness levels, some of the changes in the club that guys are doing a bit more of the little things.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
If anybody is in need of a Monday morning laugh, have a listen to the commentary on these highlights :

And he scoresssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That guy makes the Madd Dogg sound like Ray Warren

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
If anybody is in need of a Monday morning laugh, have a listen to the commentary on these highlights :

Eerily Helen Clark like.

Had a good laugh thanks.

Til I thought of Daryl Halligan and broke down in proverbial tears.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Eerily Helen Clark like.

Had a good laugh thanks.

Til I thought of Daryl Halligan and broke down in proverbial tears.
Who else was waiting for the Madd Dogg to run on to the park to interview **** while he was able to kick a conversion?

Reactions: Sup42

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings