Gameday < 2021 Warriors Trial Games 2018

All games pre 2021
Swanley

Swanley

I may need to watch it again but didn’t see the slug in the 7 jersey everyone else predictably did.

I’d expect he’d be behind his team mates given the interruptions to his pre season (eyes / glutes) but was he that bad?!?

It was his pace that got around his defender twice to create an overlap.

I’m no expert like some of you lot - but I’m also not eagerly watching for any little thing to hang him out to dry for either!

Some of us have short memories and kinda sound like only children sometimes.....o_O
He was slower than the Chad chasing after James...it was a shock to see....he was really labouring.

On a positive, I loved the commentators....brought a bit cleverness to the game, mixing the players up, not bagging us for a change, they were all class...not many cliches were mentioned about us....they even stated how fit we looked....

Reactions: 2 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

He was slower than the Chad chasing after James...it was a shock to see....he was really labouring.

On a positive, I loved the commentators....brought a bit cleverness to the game, mixing the players up, not bagging us for a change, they were all class...not many cliches were mentioned about us....they even stated how fit we looked....

They're union commentators, they don't know the script for the Warriors. Obviously hadn't even rehearsed their padding lines, like "Warriors looking bunched with hands on hips." etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Trugoy

Trugoy

Everything's been said but for my 2 cents..
1.We are fit!
2. Goal line defence was hearty. To see them putting in like that in a trial was great to see.
3. Our roster has a hell of a lot more going for it than it has for years.
4. Green is going to be huge for us.

Reactions: 9 users

Snoopy

Feeling good about the season ahead. So much so that I put some real cash with the bookies for warriors to beat Souths!!

SK is the man!!! He has changed almost 50% of the squad and I also think Green will be the buy of the season!

Go Warriors!!

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Good luck boys, let us half fill our glasses and drink to Kearney finally leading us back to the finals.

Us: "Surely you can't Worrior this up with your new hand-picked squad."

SK: "Hold my beer."

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Defence

Defence

I may need to watch it again but didn’t see the slug in the 7 jersey everyone else predictably did.

I’d expect he’d be behind his team mates given the interruptions to his pre season (eyes / glutes) but was he that bad?!?

It was his pace that got around his defender twice to create an overlap.

I’m no expert like some of you lot - but I’m also not eagerly watching for any little thing to hang him out to dry for either!

Some of us have short memories and kinda sound like only children sometimes.....o_O

He layed on 3 try's but people want the solo efforts.
We would've lost if he wasn't playing.

Reactions: 11 users
Defence

Defence

They're union commentators, they don't know the script for the Warriors. Obviously hadn't even rehearsed their padding lines, like "Warriors looking bunched with hands on hips." etc

Apparently the team lists they gave the commentators were totally different to the numbers the players were wearing when they ran out.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Apparently the team lists they gave the commentators were totally different to the numbers the players were wearing when they ran out.

It added some lols, as other posters have said. No one here would have done much better with names they never heard of.

Tragic

Tragic

been away and finally watched the game albeit on my laptop, coverage was pretty crap but it was free so cant complain i guess. Most things been said, biggest issue I saw was our lack of go forward and their ease of yards through the middle. We did scramble well on D and we didnt get the period where half the team goes to sleep and the opposition score 3 tries, thats a big improvement for us.
When we did make yards on the first few tackles we looked good, we still rely on the big winger (Maumalo in this case) to get these sets started and so looks like we need him despite his defensive and ball handling frailties (familiar territory having a winger like that for us).
After what I read here I thought Kata would be shit, I thought he went OK, shot out of the line a lot but mostly got his man and shut things down and he even passed and never tried to score from dummy - thats improvement.
As for fitness who knows, they looked as fit as us, didnt see them tiring either so nothing to see there for me.

Reactions: 4 users
snake77

snake77

I'm pretty sure they mentioned that during the game. They said the Chiefs did the same thing a few weeks ago.

It provided some laughs but it was good for us to get commentary for a trial match.

Reactions: 1 users
OMG

OMG

I thought it was a pretty good hit out really.
That middle performed how would expect it to, there were things to like but really we are missing a good front row.

Good move IMO from Kearney to put Harris on the right, but Manners is on a hiding to nothing to try and solve the deficiencies in Kata n Ken, who were pretty good by their standards, Ken is our best Prop FFS.

Our right side is exciting and Green looked solid as.

Shaun Johnson played well, you gotta laugh at the Boot squad looking for anything they can, I see there's quite a few forumers who have gone out and got themselves one of Jonno's stop watches;).
Shaun Johnson should never had to chase James in the 1st place, who actually has a good turn of pace as forwards go and he makes those breaks regularly, it really highlighted how fragile our middle can be.

Fitness definitely looks the best we have seen for a while but that middle is the real worry and is the area we all know wasn't addressed with our recruitment.

Perth is a great starter for them that will let us know how they are mentally, which has been our biggest problem in recent years.