Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it’s like many things nowadays where we’re bombarded with so much misinformation that we need to make our own informed decisions on our own observations. Some comes from common sense like my initial post around fuel and man made vehicles pumping out emissions into our atmosphere regarding man made climate change but my own view is the earth has a cycle where it warms and cools and we’re in a period of it warming which could be in turn causing more erratic weather patterns? Man made contributions seems more around the air we breathe to which NZ was surveyed as one of the cleanest in recent days
Exactly. I get yelled at for being a denier but I’m a huge supporter of environmentalism. But practical environmentalism.
High density
High speed trains
Nuclear power
Advanced heavy industry.

All those things rapidly reduce pollution and resource demand as the data shows. Crying “Stop Oil” is just pointless idealism unless you really want 3billion poor people to die 🤷

I was heavily involved in an enviromental group once. Among it were some future Green MP'S.
Even back then, the thing that stood out was they either wanted to be frozen in time or go backward.
Any challenge to this ideology was scorned and I was not trusted as a result.
It included opposing sealing of roads and discouraging any sort of growth that would attract people and opportunity.
Not entering into any dialogue to see if there was a beneficial way forward for business and the community.
Siege mentality, either you are with us or against. not much seems to have changed.

I’ve just got back from holiday in Rarotonga… except our whole resort and half the country is staffed by Fijians. There is a ‘brain drain’ of locals to NZ.

In NZ dollars:
Fijian minimum wage = $3
Rarotonga minimum wage = $8
NZ minimum wage = $23
Australia minimum wage = $25

Fascinating the conveyor belt of labour chasing the flow of money.

Highlights to me the importance of a strong growing economy to keep funding higher wages in NZ.

I’ve just got back from holiday in Rarotonga… except our whole resort and half the country is staffed by Fijians. There is a ‘brain drain’ of locals to NZ.

In NZ dollars:
Fijian minimum wage = $3
Rarotonga minimum wage = $8
NZ minimum wage = $23
Australia minimum wage = $25

Fascinating the conveyor belt of labour chasing the flow of money.

Highlights to me the importance of a strong growing economy to keep funding higher wages in NZ.
We are going to Rarotonga for a week in June, any tips?

We are going to Rarotonga for a week in June, any tips?
Spend some time around Muri lagoon; go to fruits of Rarotonga snorkelling - swim out where the tours stop and snorkel there; Charlie’s for a good meal.

Apart from that relax, swim, eat and sleep. It’s paradise (my favourite island holiday) and the locals are awesome!

We went to an over 18 resort (club Raro) - didn’t realise it meant retired people with everyone our age in the resorts for families 🤣

Spend some time around Muri lagoon; go to fruits of Rarotonga snorkelling - swim out where the tours stop and snorkel there; Charlie’s for a good meal.

Apart from that relax, swim, eat and sleep. It’s paradise (my favourite island holiday) and the locals are awesome!

We went to an over 18 resort (club Raro) - didn’t realise it meant retired people with everyone our age in the resorts for families 🤣
Thanks, I'll follow up on your recommendations. We have booked an airbnb and will hire a car. My stepdaughters wedding.
Is cash better for the locals?

Vili’s burgers- unreal. Glass bottom boat is a good time, they used to have a moray eel they coaxed out and hand fed but some arsehole killed it. The feed of tuna they cook up over where they take you to is beautiful. Absolutely love the place

Thanks, I'll follow up on your recommendations. We have booked an airbnb and will hire a car. My stepdaughters wedding.
Is cash better for the locals?
We used only cash. Spending is cheaper - meals same or cheaper than NZ but you get a third bigger portions.

Internet and phones are expensive.

Tip: get approval to watch the Warriors game while away or you will miss out because holiday time is more important evidently 🤯

We’ve done scooter and cars before but just did bus this time. There’s really only 1 road.

We went on our honeymoon 23 years ago and go back every 10 years (13 years this time round due to covid).

Last edited:
Winston Peters may think he's clever - but he's coming across deeply unhinged here. Fuck conspiratorialists - winston peters needs to step aside

Here's a response from chumbawumba

Winston Peters may think he's clever - but he's coming across deeply unhinged here. Fuck conspiratorialists - winston peters needs to step aside

Here's a response from chumbawumba
What for? What moral high ground is obtained by deriding any equivalence to Nazi Germany. On the face of it, Peter’s wasn’t terribly out of line.

During the speech, he took aim at Labour's "race-based theory", alluding to co-governance, "where some people's DNA... made them somehow better than others".

"I've seen that sort of philosophy before. I saw it in Nazi Germany, we all did," he said.

You seriously can’t be calling for censorship based off that. Which would be the 2nd time you’ve called for speech you don’t like to be banned from the public domain. Not sure if you’re aware, buts that’s facism.

What for? What moral high ground is obtained by deriding any equivalence to Nazi Germany. On the face of it, Peter’s wasn’t terribly out of line.

During the speech, he took aim at Labour's "race-based theory", alluding to co-governance, "where some people's DNA... made them somehow better than others".

"I've seen that sort of philosophy before. I saw it in Nazi Germany, we all did," he said.

You seriously can’t be calling for censorship based off that. Which would be the 2nd time you’ve called for speech you don’t like to be banned from the public domain. Not sure if you’re aware, buts that’s facism.
Ridiculous Frank. He's talking complete bullshit and you know it.

And where am I talking for censorship? You're making shit up to suit your own crap. Go back and read the statements,

And where am I talking for censorship? You're making shit up to suit your own crap. Go back and read the statements,
That’s his right. And he may be wrong, but it’s not complete bullshit. What the fuck do you think affirmative action is if not racial preferencing based on inferiority.

You are calling for a politician you vehemently disagree with to step aside, despite being democratically elected.

That’s his right. And he may be wrong, but it’s not complete bullshit. What the fuck do you think affirmative action is if not racial preferencing based on inferiority.

You are calling for a politician you vehemently disagree with to step aside, despite being democratically elected.
Okay. Let me rephrase a context that has clearly been missed. "IN MY OPINION (which by the way, is mostly what is written on here by everyone) Winston Peters needs to step aside"

The entire monologue he comes up with is conspiratorial bullshit. His party has gone full blown rabbithole as he tries to attract the antivax, far right and others.

We have enough lies, we don't need more laced with fantasy and delusion. That's what we have the warriors forums for.

NOWHERE HAVE I SAID IT'S NOT HIS RIGHT. PLEASE GO BACK AND LOOK.

Okay. Let me rephrase a context that has clearly been missed. "IN MY OPINION (which by the way, is mostly what is written on here by everyone) Winston Peters needs to step aside"

The entire monologue he comes up with is conspiratorial bullshit. His party has gone full blown rabbithole as he tries to attract the antivax, far right and others.

We have enough lies, we don't need more laced with fantasy and delusion. That's what we have the warriors forums for.

NOWHERE HAVE I SAID IT'S NOT HIS RIGHT. PLEASE GO BACK AND LOOK.
Race based policies are not conspiratorial though are they.

Please name the policy, and then you're welcome to your own rabbithole.
Bro. Now you’re just embarrassing yourself. ACT have listed just a few of them since that’s their platform.

• The Māori Health Authority means healthcare is being prioritised by race, not by need.
  • The Three Waters reforms still include 50:50 co-government of centralised water services.
  • Ngāi Tahu can appoint two voting members to the otherwise democratically elected Canterbury Regional Council.
  • Oranga Tamariki is required by law to honour the Treaty when making decisions about Māori children in state care.
  • Ethnicity is used to prioritise and even restrict access to healthcare services
Now you can argue the pros and cons of such representations, but you can’t argue it’s not based on race.

No excuse me, I have to wash my hands after you’ve made me reference ACT.

Please name the policy, and then you're welcome to your own rabbithole.
Do you actually understand WHY the country swung to the right and the anger and divisiveness last year that led to it?

Any changes proposed you attack as a personal insult when it’s what the majority want.

Do you see you’re in the minority; the countries been screwed; we’re all worse off and changes need to happen?

Do you actually understand any of that?

Bro. Now you’re just embarrassing yourself. ACT have listed just a few of them since that’s their platform.

• The Māori Health Authority means healthcare is being prioritised by race, not by need.
  • The Three Waters reforms still include 50:50 co-government of centralised water services.
  • Ngāi Tahu can appoint two voting members to the otherwise democratically elected Canterbury Regional Council.
  • Oranga Tamariki is required by law to honour the Treaty when making decisions about Māori children in state care.
  • Ethnicity is used to prioritise and even restrict access to healthcare services
Now you can argue the pros and cons of such representations, but you can’t argue it’s not based on race.

No excuse me, I have to wash my hands after you’ve made me reference ACT.

Long bow to then contend these are similar to Nazi policy. The race part is to help those ethnic groups who aren't getting a fair shake and to uphold treaty principles, not wipe them out.

Back