Rumour Warriors to announce signing of new centre

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Rumour is Warriors are to announce the signing of a new centre tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm this?

There's always the possibility that it's just Ropo re-signing.

Danpatmac

Off contract:

Colin Best, Cheyse Blair, Maurice Blair, Justin Carney, Shaune Corrigan, Nick Emmett, Ashley Graham, Joseph Leilua, Siuatonga Likiliki, Steve Michaels, Dane Nielsen, Justin O'Neill, Ben Pomeroy, Jerome Ropati, Ben Smith, Nathan Stapleton, Jorge Taufua, Sisa Waqa, Dean Whare, Jonathan Wright

The guys in blue are the ones I would be pleased to see sign.
The one in red is who I think it will be and I will cry.

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
I am clearly in the minority, but I'd welcome a Ropati re-signing, but I would also like to see us sign someone else for the centre ranks, be they an established NRL player or a promising junior.

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Ah yeah I don't have any strong feelings either way re Ropo re-signing. He's obviously adequate cover at FB, and we have to give him a little more time at centre. We let Moon and Berrigan go without having good depth in the outside backs and it's hurting us this season. I think it'd just be a disappointing end to the rumour though!

Reactions: Rizzah

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Mar 31, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Personally I'd retain Ropati - I think he's a decent NRL quality centre. He wouldn't be on too much money either - not that that is really much of a problem for us.

Danpatmac

Dane Gagai just got immediately cut from the Broncos... sign him up?

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Dane Gagai just got immediately cut from the Broncos... sign him up?
Shoot.....I wonder why they dropped him ?

Hard one to answer...without more info.

Lets assume he hasn't done anything illegal or totaly unpalatable , with Neilson coming the only advantage would be if he can play straight away.

Neilson / Ropati /Hurrel /Henry / Gaigai / Inu ....someone(s) gotta go.....

Danpatmac

Shoot.....I wonder why they dropped him ?

Hard one to answer...without more info.

Lets assume he hasn't done anything illegal or totaly unpalatable , with Neilson coming the only advantage would be if he can play straight away.

Neilson / Ropati /Hurrel /Henry / Gaigai / Inu ....someone(s) gotta go.....

Apparently it's nothing illegal, just repeated breaches of team protocol. https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...over-a-month-ago/story-e6frexp0-1226350161045

He would be a great pick up, he is classy.
I can see someone picking him up real quick.

Reactions: Sup42

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
i expect gagai to stay in qld...either cowboys or titans to pick him up. hes actually quite a good player, wonder if the broncos would have let thaiday or another high profile player go if they had the same misdemeanors.

David James

Warriors Bench Player
May 8, 2012
I reckon he will go to the Storm.

But as improved as Tupou is I can't help feel Gagai has the higher upside.

Numbnutsnz

1st Grade Fringe
May 4, 2012
I wouldn't mind us signing Gagai but it's kind of unnecessary. I'd be filthy if we let Omar walk and signed Gagai.

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings