General Warriors Sponsorship Thread

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
No. It's not that. The Vodaphone sponsorship for NZ Warriors isn't just a sponsorship but a partnership. They're supposed work in tandem together promote both brands in areas that other one normally wouldn't have commercial access to. For them promote any other sports brand can be seen and should be seen as a serious breech of that partnership especially with what that ad implied. I know it might sound crazy, but don't get pissed off for no reason and this shit really does piss me off as large multi international company such as Vodaphone should of known better to put down biggest partnership before they decided to go ahead with this ad. For me it was dumb decision... :(
mt.wellington mt.wellington I can't find the snowflake emoji

This will have to do :dummy:

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
No. It's not that. The Vodaphone sponsorship for NZ Warriors isn't just a sponsorship but a partnership. They're supposed work in tandem together promote both brands in areas that other one normally wouldn't have commercial access to. For them promote any other sports brand can be seen and should be seen as a serious breech of that partnership especially with what that ad implied. I know it might sound crazy, but don't get pissed off for no reason and this shit really does piss me off as large multi international company such as Vodaphone should of known better to put down their biggest partnership before they decided to go ahead with this ad. For me it was dumb decision.

:(
If that's true, that it is a partnership rather than a sponsorship, why have the Warriors not said anything about the ad? If I'm Vodafone I'm either not entering into a partnership that limits what other roads I take in terms of promoting other sports brands or I'm accepting that limit but giving a whole heap less money to my "partner".

This might well be a softly, softly strategy to Vodafone withdrawing from the Warriors (and why would they after the 2018 return to finals footy?) but I just think it's them trying to appeal to more non-Warriors fans.

Reaction score
greenie

greenie

NSW Cup Player
Reaction score
Vodafone are sponsors of both teams. Granted, naming sponsor for League.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
No. It's not that. The Vodaphone sponsorship for NZ Warriors isn't just a sponsorship but a partnership. They're supposed work in tandem together promote both brands in areas that other one normally wouldn't have commercial access to. For them promote any other sports brand can be seen and should be seen as a serious breech of that partnership especially with what that ad implied. I know it might sound crazy, but don't get pissed off for no reason and this shit really does piss me off as large multi international company such as Vodaphone should of known better to put down their biggest partnership before they decided to go ahead with this ad. For me it was dumb decision.

:(
A million dollars a year being the major sponsor not enough for you???

Reaction score
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Not when our brand as club is worth a whole lot more.

That's why in my opinion it needs to be protected and not to be shit on by our sponsorship partners ...

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Up Up Cronulla...
Reaction score
Ad in question :

Do note that they sponsor not only the Warriors, but also the All Blacks and NZ Rugby.

Reaction score
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Ad in question :

Do note that they sponsor not only the Warriors, but also the All Blacks and NZ Rugby.
Awesome. Thanks so much for finding that video Tajhay. Now as I said before in my previous post, in my opinion, considering Vodaphone is still NZ Warriors biggest sponsorship partner, what should of happen in this ad is reverse. Dad should of been dressed up in All Blacks shit not NZ Warriors. His mates should all be wearing NZ Warriors shirts not All Blacks. His brothers and sisters and their mates should all be dressed up as characters from Lord Of Rings not Star Wars. You know, get it right ... ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t see what the big deal is? Isn’t it just saying different people have different interests and Vodafone has rewards to cater to a variety of them?

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
That is chickenfeed. The coverage they get for their brand in Australia is massive. I would like to know how much they are paying the Irish rugby union.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
World-leading electronics brands partner with Vodafone Warriors
Kelly Armitage
Sat 16 Mar 2019, 09:45 AM

The world’s third largest television manufacturer and one of the most internationally- recognised sports watch brands have come on board as sponsors of the Vodafone Warriors ahead of the club’s 25th season.

TCL and G-Shock have both signed sponsorship deals with the club for the 2019 season, which will see TCL presenting NRL match highlights and G-Shock presenting NRL full time scores – both operating across the club’s digital channels.

G-Shock will also launch a limited edition watch for the Vodafone Warriors 25th season in the club’s 1995 colours to be exclusively available via the club’s online store: www.warriorsstore.co.nz

Launched in New Zealand in 2017, TCL is the world’s third largest television manufacturer and the fastest growing television brand in the United States and offers market-leading technology such as 8K, QLED, Android TV, and Onkyo tuned sound. The company will be the presenting sponsor of NRL match highlights across Vodafone Warriors digital channels.

G-Shock, which celebrated its 35th anniversary recently, is a global powerhouse, connecting with sport, music artists and youth culture around the world. The line of watches, manufactured by Casio, is famous for its resistance to mechanical shock and vibration. In 2017 G-Shock celebrated shipping it’s 100 millionth watch in total worldwide shipment. In 2019 the company will announce some exciting new innovations to the market and release limited collaboration models with the some of the world’s most sought after brands.

Vodafone Warriors Commercial Manager Glenn Critchley says the new partnerships are hugely exciting for the club.

“Partnering with two of the world’s leading consumer electronics companies ahead of our 25th season is fantastic for our club and for our fans. As a club we are focused on being innovative and doing things differently, and partnering with TCL and G-Shock as internationally renowned brands in their relative industries is really exciting. It’s great to have these high calibre sponsors on board this year, joining our impressive family of sponsors,” he said.

TCL New Zealand Country Manager, James Keene said the team at TCL is proud to be associated with such an iconic New Zealand sporting institution.

“TCL can provide the fans at home, the Mt Smart game day experience with our edge-cutting 8K QLED TV, which will be launched later this year. The Warriors fans are well known for their passion and loyalty and TCL is proud to be a sponsor of the team in 2019,” he said.

Pat Lee, General Manager Casio & Consumer Electronics for Monaco Corporation – NZ distributor for G Shock said the G Shock team is very proud to be partnering up with the Vodafone Warriors to celebrate their 25th season in the NRL.

“To mark this momentous occasion, we are excited to announce that we will be releasing an exclusive, fully customised, Vodafone Warriors G Shock collaboration watch this season. Our brand ethos of being the toughest timepiece in the market, continuing to support sport in New Zealand and connecting with youth culture reinforces our decision to become part of the Vodafone Warriors family,” said Lee.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
2019 Corporate Elite partners announced
warriors.kiwi
Sat 16 Mar 2019, 09:28 AM

The Vodafone Warriors have today confirmed their Corporate Elite partners for the 2019 NRL Premiership season, the club’s 25th season in the competition.
The Corporate Elite package gives businesses the opportunity to partner with a jersey number throughout the year with their brand featuring alongside player positions in all team announcements via www.warriors.kiwi and on game-day via big-screen exposure. In addition, our Corporate Elite partners receive additional game-day branding via West Stand signage plus the opportunity to attend the end of season Simon Mannering Medal evening.

The Vodafone Warriors would like to thank the below businesses for their support of the club in 2019.
If you are interested to discuss how the Vodafone Warriors can support your business in 2019, get in touch with Shani Willemsen (shani@warriors.kiwi or 027 343 2248).

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Up Up Cronulla...
Reaction score
Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good stuff, I noticed the score on Instagram had a G-Shock template, thought something may have been brewing.

Very keen to buy the watch, hope it's a 5600!

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Good stuff, I noticed the score on Instagram had a G-Shock template, thought something may have been brewing.

Couldnt remember what a 5600 was so looked it up online, man I used to own one of these. I honestly forgot how crappy and cheap they looked for what was a good solid watch of its day. I really hope they go all out and stretch to a better looking unit for the Warriors one. I dont even wear watches but I would buy one to put away.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Couldnt remember what a 5600 was so looked it up online, man I used to own one of these. I honestly forgot how crappy and cheap they looked for what was a good solid watch of its day. I really hope they go all out and stretch to a better looking unit for the Warriors one. I dont even wear watches but I would buy one to put away.
Haha I wear a 5600 every day. I like how simple it is, some of the other G-Shocks are a bit OTT.

Here's one they did for NZ artist Owen Dippie. The model was the GD350, which is pretty nice. It was priced at $299.00 and there were 100 made.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score

Fuck I hope not lol. My grandad wears those. Surely they'll go with more of a sports line look like the 100s or G-Lides? Those are more my style...

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Up Up Cronulla...
Reaction score
Smart move by SkyCity.
--

A new sponsorship concept announced by the Vodafone Warriors ahead of the 25th season has been snapped up by SKYCITY, with the company paying only when the team wins, with part of proceeds being donated to charity.

The unique concept sees SKYCITY’s logo on the back of the shorts, with SKYCITY paying if the team is leading at halftime, and then doubling the amount if the team goes on to win the game. Ten percent of the overall season earnings from that sponsorship will then go to charity through the Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day event.

Vodafone Warriors Commercial Manager Glenn Critchley says it’s great to have SKYCITY embracing the new concept for the season ahead.

“The Vodafone Warriors and SKYCITY have had an excellent relationship for many years, so for them to take the back of shorts sponsorship and seeing the excellent potential value in having their brand broadcast to millions of viewers across both sides of the Tasman is fantastic.

“As a club we are all about doing things differently - being innovative and creative – and we’re really pleased that we’ve had a quality sponsor in SKYCITY seeing the value in that, and coming on board as a partner for our 25th season,” said Critchley.

SKYCITY Auckland General Manager Marketing, Jon Spittle, said: “SKYCITY has a very long and proud relationship with the Vodafone Warriors and we are delighted to continue our sponsorship into their 25th Anniversary season.

“The ‘pay as you win’ concept is another example of the innovative thinking the Vodafone Warriors commercial team always bring to the table, and knowing that 10 percent of the final amount will ultimately be directed to charity was also something that held great appeal,” he said.

Top Bottom