General Warriors Sponsorship Thread

Reaction score
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Or more likely they put it out to bid and Mazda had the better deal. Same thing that happened to Lion Red. Just business...
Exactly this and a reflection of a better season. Another shit season and it would have a been a deal with the Morris Minor Heritage Society

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Exactly this and a reflection of a better season. Another shit season and it would have a been a deal with the Morris Minor Heritage Society
Another shit season and we would have been the Pigeon Express Warriors riding around in horse and carts. Rumours were circulating about some major sponsors jumping ship.

Still gutted we lost Red Bull after the prescription pill drama. Such a cool brand and have a worldwide audience...

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
Another shit season and we would have been the Pigeon Express Warriors riding around in horse and carts. Rumours were circulating about some major sponsors jumping ship.

Still gutted we lost Red Bull after the prescription pill drama. Such a cool brand and have a worldwide audience...
yup, but some people don't think of the consequences of their actions.....

Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

I had no idea that happened. The club must have been wild about that.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
I had no idea that happened. The club must have been wild about that.
In all fairness there was no way Red Bull were going to hang around after having their product abused like that as well as having athletes taking drugs...

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score

CLUB NEWS
New concept - when team wins, sponsor pays
warriors.kiwi & Photosport.nz
Tue 23 Oct 2018, 08:25 PM

A new commercial concept which will see a future Vodafone Warriors sponsor paying only when the team is winning, with part of it then donated to charity, has been launched by CEO Cameron George.

The unique concept would result in the back of the shorts sponsor paying $5000 if the team is leading at halftime, and then $5000 more if the team wins the game. Ten percent of the overall season earnings from that sponsorship will then go to charity, through the Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day event.

George says the concept is another way the Vodafone Warriors are demonstrating innovation and creativity in the sports sector and within the NRL, pushing traditional boundaries when it comes to sponsorship, membership, ticket sales, fan engagement and game day activities.

"We’re a club that is passionate about our fans and our supporters, including our fantastic sponsors," he said.

"Being able to offer a potential new sponsor the chance to get its brand out there in front of more than 9.6 million broadcast viewers across Australia and New Zealand per season, is hugely valuable. On top of that, as the highest ranked team in the NRL for member satisfaction, and second for game day satisfaction, we at the Vodafone Warriors put on an experience like no other,."

The announcement follows two other new creative concepts the club introduced in the 2018 season including selling out Mount Smart Stadium for Simon Mannering’s 300th NRL match when fans paid whatever they were prepared to pay to go to the game.

Season memberships for 2019 also went on sale recently at a reduced rate, as part of the club’s commitment to maximising crowd numbers throughout the season and delivering exceptional atmosphere and experiences for fans on game days.

"We’re really looking forward to the 2019 season, and there will be plenty more creative thinking and new things to come in the new year for the Vodafone Warriors," he said.

"We are a dynamic and innovative club, and we are really looking forward to continuing to showcase this throughout our 25th season.

"This special season offers a one-off opportunity for a sponsor to support us in a new way while also knowing they’ll be contributing to charity as well. It’s an exciting concept and we look forward to speaking with potential sponsors wanting to take up this new property.”

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2018/10/23/new-concept---when-team-wins-sponsor-pays/

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score

CLUB NEWS
New concept - when team wins, sponsor pays
warriors.kiwi & Photosport.nz
Tue 23 Oct 2018, 08:25 PM

A new commercial concept which will see a future Vodafone Warriors sponsor paying only when the team is winning, with part of it then donated to charity, has been launched by CEO Cameron George.

The unique concept would result in the back of the shorts sponsor paying $5000 if the team is leading at halftime, and then $5000 more if the team wins the game. Ten percent of the overall season earnings from that sponsorship will then go to charity, through the Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day event.

George says the concept is another way the Vodafone Warriors are demonstrating innovation and creativity in the sports sector and within the NRL, pushing traditional boundaries when it comes to sponsorship, membership, ticket sales, fan engagement and game day activities.

"We’re a club that is passionate about our fans and our supporters, including our fantastic sponsors," he said.

"Being able to offer a potential new sponsor the chance to get its brand out there in front of more than 9.6 million broadcast viewers across Australia and New Zealand per season, is hugely valuable. On top of that, as the highest ranked team in the NRL for member satisfaction, and second for game day satisfaction, we at the Vodafone Warriors put on an experience like no other,."

The announcement follows two other new creative concepts the club introduced in the 2018 season including selling out Mount Smart Stadium for Simon Mannering’s 300th NRL match when fans paid whatever they were prepared to pay to go to the game.

Season memberships for 2019 also went on sale recently at a reduced rate, as part of the club’s commitment to maximising crowd numbers throughout the season and delivering exceptional atmosphere and experiences for fans on game days.

"We’re really looking forward to the 2019 season, and there will be plenty more creative thinking and new things to come in the new year for the Vodafone Warriors," he said.

"We are a dynamic and innovative club, and we are really looking forward to continuing to showcase this throughout our 25th season.

"This special season offers a one-off opportunity for a sponsor to support us in a new way while also knowing they’ll be contributing to charity as well. It’s an exciting concept and we look forward to speaking with potential sponsors wanting to take up this new property.”

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2018/10/23/new-concept---when-team-wins-sponsor-pays/
Theres a lot going on at the moment that puts the income of the warriors at risk isnt there? Sure in the past they have not had the best team, but they still played and the club was financially stable. Is all this risk taking going to come and bite them in the arse

Reaction score
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Anybody seen latest 'My Rewards' Vodaphone commercial yet ? In ad, some dude is at home pretending to be sick and his Dad comes up to him wearing a NZ Warriors shirt, asking him if he wants to go to game with him and he says no, laughing it off, only to have his friends knock at his front door dressed up in All Blacks supporters gear and him taking off with them, stripping off his slippers, robe and pajamas in process to reveal All Blacks shirt underneath, the inference being that All Blacks is just a much better team to support than NZ Warriors. Now I don't know about you but as much as seeing this sort shit really does annoy me, I know that shouldn't get too mad or upset about this commercial. Cool, it's not like Vodaphone is NZ Warriors biggest sponsorship partner or anything like that ! Bastards. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Anybody seen latest 'My Rewards' Vodaphone commercial yet ? In ad, some dude is at home pretending to be sick and his Dad comes up to him wearing a NZ Warriors shirt, asking him if he wants to go to game with him and he says no, laughing it off, only to have his friends knock at his front door dressed up in All Blacks supporters gear and him taking off with them, stripping off his slippers, robe and pajamas in process to reveal All Blacks shirt underneath, the inference being that All Blacks is just a much better team to support than NZ Warriors. Now I don't know about you but as much as seeing this sort shit really does annoy me, I know that shouldn't get too mad or upset about this commercial. Cool, it's not like Vodaphone is NZ Warriors biggest sponsorship partner or anything like that ! Bastards. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I didn’t take it anything like that.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
No: The moral is - people who prefer rugby union to rugby league pull sickies which puts the place they work for under un-needed pressure which causes lost sales which causes redundancies and emotional and financial ruin.

Being a Warriors fan is good for the economy.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
It appears the All Blacks are also greater than the Empire.

Reaction score
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If Vodaphone did a similar advert in UK I’d be in letter writing mode. I doubt I’dbe the only one either.

Very little gets my hackles up more than union smugly bashing RL.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Geez there's some snowflakes on here :hilarious:. Pretty soon you're not even going to be allowed to tell a joke about yourself without some stranger getting offended.

Who has way more supporters in NZ, rugby or league?

Is Spark, Vodafone's main competitor in NZ, a major sponsor of the All Blacks?

Could they be trying to get a few more customers from their competitors maybe? Having already been prominent in the league game for almost 20 years do you all think its ok if they branch out to other markets? You realise they are a business aye???

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
Geez there's some snowflakes on here :hilarious:. Pretty soon you're not even going to be allowed to tell a joke about yourself without some stranger getting offended.

Could they be trying to get a few more customers from their competitors maybe? Having already been prominent in the league game for almost 20 years do you all think its ok if they branch out to other markets? You realise they are a business aye???
I get all that, but why are the targeting the Empire as well. Surely they should be trying to get the rebels on side with them?

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I get all that, but why are the targeting the Empire as well. Surely they should be trying to get the rebels on side with them?
To quote Yoda, "MMM, the bottom line, it's all about!!!"

And I bet most of you tried a channel Frank Oz when reading that /\

Reaction score
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

No. It's not that. The Vodaphone sponsorship for NZ Warriors isn't just a sponsorship but a partnership. They're supposed work in tandem together promote both brands in areas that other one normally wouldn't have commercial access to. For them promote any other sports brand can be seen and should be seen as a serious breech of that partnership especially with what that ad implied. I know it might sound crazy, but don't get pissed off for no reason and this shit really does piss me off as large multi international company such as Vodaphone should of known better to put down their biggest partnership before they decided to go ahead with this ad. For me it was dumb decision.

:(

Last edited:
Top Bottom