General Warriors Sponsorship Thread

Reaction score
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I had heard something similar about an NRL having a competition wide jersey sponsor like NHL with Addidas, NBA Nike etc.
Looks like that’s out the window with ccc deal
Yeah unless Canterbury Clothing are competion wide jersey sponsor which means no Star Wars shirts for anybody ...

Crap.

:(

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Great news about CCC signing on again. I like that we have that tie with such a legendary Kiwi (I know we don't own it anymore) manufacturer.
Always surprised that they don't sponsor the Kiwis, maybe sponsoring the Kangaroos means they can't?

I had heard the same thing about one sponsor doing all the NRL jerseys across the comp. ISC had been mentioned.
Personally I think it would be a bad decision. Depending on the sponsor they chose, we could easily see a drop in quality/design concepts. Would be pretty boring too.

For the NRL it would be a lot cleaner though and probably fix a lot of headaches they have. They will just go with whatever makes the most money in the end.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Awesome news. :)

One thing I want to ask you is it officially for four years ? I'm only asking because recently I've read online that starting in 2020, NRL will be looking to streamline all their team jerseys to just one sporting company as way for them further strengthen their profit margins and increase their future earnings, similar to business model they have in the NFL where currently Nike supplies all 32 teams with gear and equipment. If it is official then it must mean what I read recently online is wrong ...

:(
Thats all just rumour at the moment but I would expect the Warriors and thereby the NRL would have to honour the current CCC contract. Right now its up to each club to secure suppliers and I don't think the NRL changing the goalposts allows them to do away with any existing contracts. Probably why the contract is for so long...

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Thats all just rumour at the moment but I would expect the Warriors and thereby the NRL would have to honour the current CCC contract. Right now its up to each club to secure suppliers and I don't think the NRL changing the goalposts allows them to do away with any existing contracts. Probably why the contract is for so long...
I’d think, if it were to happen, the NRL would say honour your existing contracts but from say 2020, all new jersey contracts need to be signed with ISC or whoever gets the contract with the NRL.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score

MEDIA RELEASE

PTP signs with Vodafone Warriors
Author Richard Becht
Fri 15 Dec 2017, 01:36 PM
PTP has officially joined the Vodafone Warriors’ family of sponsors after signing on as an official supplier to the club for the 2018 season.

The Vodafone Warriors are the fifth NRL club and the first New Zealand sporting team to link up with PTP.

PTP, which captures the essence of contemporary fitness, will become an official and exclusive supplier of cutting edge accessories for Vodafone Warriors players, helping to deliver smarter movement and better performance.

PTP’s head of sales and marketing Chris O’Sullivan said he was looking forward to supporting the Vodafone Warriors.

“Partnering with the Vodafone Warriors is extremely exciting for the PTP brand, especially as they are one of the premier sporting clubs in New Zealand sport,” O’Sullivan said.

“We really look forward to working with the club to provide tools to assist players in their preparation for and recovery from games in their pursuit to climb the NRL ladder and achieve the ultimate success.”

Vodafone Warriors head of high performance Alex Corvo welcomed PTP to the club’s sponsorship family.

“It’s very exciting to have PTP, an industry leading brand, on board as an official supplier,” he said.

“We really look forward to the players using quality PTP products to improve our pre-game warm-up and post-game recovery which will help us to compete and ultimately achieve the ultimate goal in the NRL.”

Check us out on https://www.ptpfit.com/

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2017/12/15/ptp-signs-with-vodafone-warriors/

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Is that the same Chris O'Sullivan that used to play for the Raiders? Was trying to check on their site but their staff aren't listed.

We used to get items like these off Hart Sport; were they a sponsor or just a supplier?

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Is that the same Chris O'Sullivan that used to play for the Raiders? Was trying to check on their site but their staff aren't listed.

We used to get items like these off Hart Sport; were they a sponsor or just a supplier?
HART use to sponsor them at some stage. Not sure about now...

Reaction score
RiceOwl

RiceOwl

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
2 years is a little light- testing the waters to see if the new attitude sticks?
Good news that is sorted albeit not a long deal. Possibly nervous with the new owners or seeing if the new improvements stick?

I actually transferred to Vodafone because of my loyalty to the Warriors and how much I appreciated them sponsoring the team, but their customer service was so shite I quickly lost patience and left them.

Enough of a rant as it is great to have had such a strong and loyal sponsor of the team for many years

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually transferred to Vodafone because of my loyalty to the Warriors and how much I appreciated them sponsoring the team, but their customer service was so shite I quickly lost patience and left them.
I have always dealt with Vodafone because of the Warriors and their service is ordinary for sure but I think the advantage of the Warriors is they are walking billboards for Vodafone in Australia. If the team keeps winning maybe they can ask for more money.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Same here I WAS Vodafone because of the Warriors but that sentiment went until I found a better deal

Reaction score
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Reaction score
Bye Suzuki hello Mazda !

Mazda welcomed to sponsorship family

Mazda has today been welcomed into the Vodafone Warriors’ family of sponsors after signing a three-year deal as the club’s official automotive partner to the end of the 2021 season.

The partnership will see the Mazda name emblazoned on the lower back of the Vodafone Warriors’ NRL playing jersey when the club opens its 25th season next March.

Vodafone Warriors commercial manager Glenn Critchley said the partnership heralded a new era after the Vodafone Warriors’ long association with Suzuki.

“It’s hugely exciting for us to begin what we believe will be a wonderful relationship with Mazda,” he said.

“Mazda has a tremendous reputation for manufacturing vehicles of the highest quality and we now look forward to working together on initiatives which will be of real benefit to both of us as well as our members and fans.”

Mazda managing director David Hodge said the Vodafone Warriors’ nationwide appeal was a key factor in bringing about the partnership.

“The Vodafone Warriors generate tremendous interest wherever you go in New Zealand,” he said.

“It’s a powerful brand and we’re looking forward to bringing supporters even closer to their team and working with the club to enhance the overall fan experience.

“Like the Vodafone Warriors, we have a nationwide presence with our dealer network of 50 locations throughout the country.”

In announcing the Mazda deal, Critchley also emphasised the Vodafone Warriors would always be extremely grateful to Suzuki for its longstanding support.

“We thank Suzuki for their wonderful commitment to the Vodafone Warriors,” he said.

Suzuki began its involvement with the Vodafone Warriors in 2006.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Looks like they shafted Suzuki.

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
A nice sporty Warriors branded BT-50.... now that’s got promise!!!!!

Top Bottom