General Warriors sign Ex All Black, as rumoured

Buck777_old

Glasgow Warriors that is!!!

The Glasgow Warriors have completed the signing of New Zealand back-row forward Angus Macdonald.

The 31-year-old has been capped twice for the All Blacks, facing Scotland at Murrayfield in 2005.

He will now join the 'Scotsoun' in the British summer after agreeing a two-year deal with the club, subject to obtaining a visa.

Macdonald, who was captain of the Blues in 2004, told the clubs website he is 'excited' by the opportunity to play for the club.

"The aim will be to use everything I've learned in the southern hemisphere to bring my own influence to the table. My overriding feeling right now is one of real anticipation. I's a great new challenge for me, and one I can't wait to get stuck into." He said.

Macdonald's father, Hamish won 12 caps for the All Blacks in the 1970s, while his uncle, Doug Bruce won 14 caps in the 80s.

Outgoing Warriors coach Sean Lineen described the latest signing as someone who: "absolutely fits the bill for a Glasgow player.
"Angus is a big, tough rawbone Kiwi who I'm convinced the supporters and other players will love."

https://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/news/article/-/13222544/glasgow-warriors-sign-all-black/

Est95_old

yeah I read that, what a intentionaly misleading headline haha

Buck777_old

Those Rumours eh?? They only get half the story most of the time lol.

grumpsta_old

you got me!!
I got all excited thinking jerry collins was playing for the warriors!
hahahaha