General Warriors sign 2 more players

STRIDER_old

Two more Waikato rugby league players have signed contracts with the New Zealand Warriors.

Steve Rapira –- following in the footsteps of his brother Sam who rose to fame this season –- and Isaac John will be part of the Warriors' Allied Workforce development squad next year.
The teenagers' addition to the squad takes the Waikato connection at the Warriors to five, with Sam Rapira, Lance Hohaia and Wairangi Koopu already representing the region.
Rapira, 18, a second rower, was always tipped to emulate his brother's feats but was delayed until now after spending most of this year out of action because of injury.
John, 17, a halfback/standoff, was part of the Parramatta Eels development structure but has signed a "healthy" three-year contract with the Auckland-based franchise.
Warriors development coach Tony Iro said both players were high on the club's agenda.
"We rate Isaac as one of the best young halves in the country," Iro said. "As with any club you are always looking to develop quality halves.

"Steve has had a lot of injuries and we have signed him on potential.
"Being the brother of Sam is a big plus for Steve. Sam has shown everything we want in a player and we expect the same from Steve."
Iro couldn't say what level of league Rapira and John would play next season.
It's possible their side could play in an Australian-based competition but this won't be known until after Christmas.

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

they both sound promising, 2007 keeps getting better and better! cant wait till next season :D

warriors4life_old

Good to see more depth in the halves with John, he is a real young talent.

commonsense_old

great stuff.

i hope they develop this issac john kid right this time.

warriorsmen_old

I played a couple games with isac last year when i was at school with hem. hez realy knows his game. A real good leader on the feild with gr8 ball skills an good foot work. He will do good for the warriors

aussie_warrior_old

Gee, signing young talent as well as Swann. I thought I heard that if we signed Swann all the young talent would be forced to go overseas? *sarcasm*

Skinny_Ravs82

Go_The_Doggies said:
Does Steve have an oversized forehead like Sam?

LMAO, what does that have to do with anything? But it sounds good, couple more youngones to add to it. Good move

Swanley_old

Best part of that article was that they may be playing in an Australian based competition......