Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I agree and if he plays well then he will get overs in an Aussie club as there are very few young quality halves atm in the NRL.

This is why I would not have Metcalf as a starter over other options, because he is not going to ever be an experienced campaigner as a Warrior.
Having said that, if he is out performing the other options mid week then I have no issue with him bumping down TMM and or CHT for a season.

I realise I have just contradicted myself, but I place my belief in Andrew Webster to take both statements and make the call based on the three stand offs and their form at any given time.

Bit of a nothing article as they don’t even talk about their current contracts etc but if you get to the end there is a bit of a laugh….

So that's what Wrighty's been doing in his down time 😁

Screenshot_20231222-205300_X.jpg

and this is immediately.

Last edited:
From DT

St George Illawarra have signed Warriors half Ronald Volkman in an immediate deal.
The two parties agreed to a contract on Friday with Volkman to link up with the Dragons for 2024.
It is understood the deal is just for 12 months. The Dragons needed some cover in the halves, with Talatau Amone set to have his NRL contract deregistered.
Volkman, 21, has played five games since making his debut from the Warriors last year.

Metcalf won't want a career here, he is here grabbing all the signing attention he can to get a contract back home and I do not blame him, he is still worth it as far as the decision to sign him as a gap filler in our halves.
Any evidence or just making up stories again? It's amazing how many people can't see Metcalf's value.

Soo it's just for 12 months? If it is that's a massive win for us. Plays 20+ rounds and comes in to 2025 a year and a bit into his career....
I would have guessed we paid a decent amount for him as he was highly touted....maybe 300k+? Could get someone like RFM for that price as a back up older fulla incase our Ale/Zyon Maiu’u/Bunty rotation shits the bed

Yeah he said two other players other than AFB were wanting releases. My first thought was him and Barny.

I know NZ is not that appealing compared to oz (especially if you’re from there) but sounds like it’s even less appealing to the females. Maybe the dude just like fishing etc and their partners are just board in AK. Especially if they are part of some social scene over there
Steve price worked really well as his missus is a kiwi - Brent tate was his brother in law? So when they were over here had a good crew and support. It’s easy to bag the missus and guys wanting a release early/not fitting into the scene. It’s a hard one, especially with kids/ or without and no family / friends to support and first time away from Oz. Webby done the hard yards in the north of England and understands the ups and downs and that it’s different but in a good way. This can be a career defining club. Look at Egan and Jacko ford. Making the most of it. We just gotta take a chance until we can build a club from the juniors up again.