General Warriors Salary Cap Discussion

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by hotdogRL, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

If it’s from Ali’s NRL rumours on Facebook , most people (and rightly so) talk about the Roosters, but it’s Manly & Sharks are peoples guesses

2. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Is this rumour just general overspending or cheating the cap?

There is usually a few teams that go over the cap due to guys getting upgrades due to making rep squads or calling up more players than anticipated. We are under the new squad naming system now so the second one may not be as relevant.

If the Sharks get done again for salary cap issues. I'd assume it's from information covered from the current investigation that has found issues with different years.

Manly have been a mess the last few years so wouldn't be surprised.

If it's the Roosters. Everyone has always wanted them to get done. That would be a big scalp.

We seemed to have cap issues. Management have said the cap was tight. Since then Gavet and Johnson have gone and the talk has been about that being alleviated.

I'm not concerned with the recruitment for 2018. Most clubs and players had deals expiring around the time of the new broadcast deal so they could work with the new salary cap.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

2 + 2 doesn't equal 4000:)

4. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

I thought we recruited well .Last season a few big signings Blair an Tohu an Green
    But the rest pretty cheap but value players .
    I'm guessing Bunty ,Paasi ,Papalii ,Pulu will get more
    Sooner or later .But we got rid of a heap of contracts to .
    I know the management has implied that SJ s money is
    Excess this year so we are sitting pretty in that department.

5. #robbiemears
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

#robbiemears 1st Grade Fringe

Incidentally, for those wondering how the salary cap works - and with particular reference to our situation with the extra funds post SJ - clubs need to have it spent by the end of season on Oct 31. So the Warriors can simply pre-pay some players a portion of their next season’s salary if need be to keep some cap and cash free still for next season's recruitment.

6. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

ahh, the drip feed..