General Warriors Salary Cap Discussion

Reaction score
Diesel

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If it’s from Ali’s NRL rumours on Facebook , most people (and rightly so) talk about the Roosters, but it’s Manly & Sharks are peoples guesses

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Is this rumour just general overspending or cheating the cap?

There is usually a few teams that go over the cap due to guys getting upgrades due to making rep squads or calling up more players than anticipated. We are under the new squad naming system now so the second one may not be as relevant.

If the Sharks get done again for salary cap issues. I'd assume it's from information covered from the current investigation that has found issues with different years.

Manly have been a mess the last few years so wouldn't be surprised.

If it's the Roosters. Everyone has always wanted them to get done. That would be a big scalp.

We seemed to have cap issues. Management have said the cap was tight. Since then Gavet and Johnson have gone and the talk has been about that being alleviated.

I'm not concerned with the recruitment for 2018. Most clubs and players had deals expiring around the time of the new broadcast deal so they could work with the new salary cap.

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
2 + 2 doesn't equal 4000:)
I thought we recruited well .Last season a few big signings Blair an Tohu an Green
But the rest pretty cheap but value players .
I'm guessing Bunty ,Paasi ,Papalii ,Pulu will get more
Sooner or later .But we got rid of a heap of contracts to .
I know the management has implied that SJ s money is
Excess this year so we are sitting pretty in that department.

Reaction score
#robbiemears

#robbiemears

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Incidentally, for those wondering how the salary cap works - and with particular reference to our situation with the extra funds post SJ - clubs need to have it spent by the end of season on Oct 31. So the Warriors can simply pre-pay some players a portion of their next season’s salary if need be to keep some cap and cash free still for next season's recruitment.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Incidentally, for those wondering how the salary cap works - and with particular reference to our situation with the extra funds post SJ - clubs need to have it spent by the end of season on Oct 31. So the Warriors can simply pre-pay some players a portion of their next season’s salary if need be to keep some cap and cash free still for next season's recruitment.
ahh, the drip feed..

Top Bottom