Rumour Warriors Recruitment Discussion and Rumour Mill - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at the moment we are waiting until the end of the 4 Nations. I believe that's when Foran said he would announce or think about his future in one of the interviews where he said it was a rough year at Manly and being away has been refreshing.

Reactions: Harlz
Ok pretty sure we'really getting nothing from Manly next year. Foran is still announcing his future in 4 weeks but he has been handed the million dollar contract he asked for. He only has to accept it officially.

Sorry to those who got horny about it.

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington
And they'll still have enough to sign Taumololo, re-sign Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and JWH, and that's after adding Blake Ferguson of course.

For the hell of it they'll probably re-sign Maloney just so they can play him in reserve grade and giggle every time someone says "salary cap".

well they do still have some spare cap space - they did release Daniel Mortimer afterall ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Defence
Ryan Hall will just end up in the forwards too if some fans round here get their way. Theyre the same type player and build...
Ryan hall makes amazing defensive reads and is great under the High ball, Passes the ball inside and outside....reads intercepts well.....best winger in the world by some distance.

I keep going back to the Watson tweet… and I just can't help but think that Watson is no dummy, and moreover, that he genuinely knows his league. The way the tweet was formed, how long he left it up, and the lackluster reason for the mistake - I can't help but think there's just more to it.

In my mind, the way this has gone down is that Watson heard we had (all but) signed Foran, then heard that we had announced a player signing, and mistakenly welcomed him to the club not-realizing the announcement was actually for Thompson. There aren't too many other scenarios that actually make logical sense.

Or more accurately:

IN
Bodene Thompson

OUT
Abraham Papalii
Sam Lousi
Feleti Mateo
Jayson Bukuya

One way traffic at the moment...

From the list at: https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league...m-is-shaping-up-for-2015-20141101-11fjce.html

We can add Bukuya and Lousi to the losses and Thompson to the gains now.

NZ WARRIORS

The Warriors had the team capable of finals football last year. They welcome Ryan Hoffman, who will teach the hot-and-cold Warriors pack all about the importance of consistency and playing for 80 minutes. The Shaun Johnson-Sam Tomkins combination needs to go to another level.

Gains: Ryan Hoffman (Storm), Matt Allwood (Raiders).

Losses: Kevin Locke (Salford Red Devils), Carlos Tuimavave (Knights), Feleti Mateo (Sea Eagles), Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard (Dragons), Abraham Papalii (Roosters), Jerome Ropati (retired).

I keep going back to the Watson tweet… and I just can't help but think that Watson is no dummy, and moreover, that he genuinely knows his league. The way the tweet was formed, how long he left it up, and the lackluster reason for the mistake - I can't help but think there's just more to it.

In my mind, the way this has gone down is that Watson heard we had (all but) signed Foran, then heard that we had announced a player signing, and mistakenly welcomed him to the club not-realizing the announcement was actually for Thompson. There aren't too many other scenarios that actually make logical sense.
he still hasn't deleted his initial tweet either

Status
Not open for further replies.