Rumour Warriors Recruitment Discussion and Rumour Mill - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is where you can discuss anything relating to Warriors player movements, re-signings, the latest rumours etc.

This is one of the most popular subjects on the boards so if discussion gets off topic it will be deleted or moved. So please try to keep things relevant :)

To view our regularly-updated Warriors Player Roster and the latest official News regarding Signings, please head to the Warriors Player Roster and Recruitment thread:
https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/warriors-player-roster-and-recruitment-news-2014.37345/

Was looking at Props over 110kg that are off contract:

JOSH AILAOMAI
DAVID FIFITA
MATT GROAT
SAM HOARE
SAULALA HOUMA
FELISE KAUFUSI
TOKA LIKILIKI
SAM MATAORA
FUIFUI MOIMOI
FRANCIS MOLO
JOE OFAHENGAUE
LLOYD PERRETT
GEORGE ROSE
KEM SERU
AVA SEUMANUFAGAI
ASHTON SIMS
PATERIKA VAIVAI
SIOSAIA VAVE
BRETT WHITE

Jordan G

Slim pickings.

They look either too old, no good, or young and probably no better than what we already have on the books in Vete/Lisone/Gubb etc

Reactions: ramraider78
If we could nurture Lisone and Vete into first grade we would have our two beast forwards ready-made. Lisone is ony listed at 105kg but I am 100% certain he's bigger than that. Vete is 110kg+.

I'd still love for us to sign another prop in the meantime, though.

Mataora, Fifita, Groat, Vave would be excellent fringe players who could provide depth and threaten the first graders' hold on their jerseys.
Ashton Sims is the one I'd chase though. Would take him as our 4th prop, happily.

Also... when are we going to wash our hands of the Lousi brothers? I REALLY like Sione, but the pair of them are just so damn injury prone. We're effectively operating with 2 less spots in the squad roster than we should be. Hate to say it, but I do not believe Sam Lousi will ever reach his potential - due to injuries. And I think Sione may have reached his upper end... also due to injuries.

I'd prefer us to invest in a Mason or Sims + Fifita or Groat type of pairing.

Doesn't matter how big the prop is, if they haven't played a minimum of 100 first grade games then we do not want them.
Sure our young ones have potential but they need the guidance and composure of the older players to get them understand the intricacies of their role. Props are the gladiators and as such must face constant aggression, niggle and general shit every weekend. Younger guys can not handle the shit handed out every week and resort to what they know best, which can result in them resorting to a bit of biff either on-field or after hours when the drink has taken hold.
The Prices and Wiki's were not instant successes but gradually evolved after 100 or more games at the top level.

Doesn't matter how big the prop is, if they haven't played a minimum of 100 first grade games then we do not want them.
Sure our young ones have potential but they need the guidance and composure of the older players to get them understand the intricacies of their role. Props are the gladiators and as such must face constant aggression, niggle and general shit every weekend. Younger guys can not handle the shit handed out every week and resort to what they know best, which can result in them resorting to a bit of biff either on-field or after hours when the drink has taken hold.
The Prices and Wiki's were not instant successes but gradually evolved after 100 or more games at the top level.

Klemmer and Papalii scoff at your 100-game comment. There is some exceptional young forward talent in the NRL; I'd love for us to go hard nuts for the top young front rower at pretty much any club.

I'd be interested to see Sims play in another environment.

Another environment like this one. Quality forward.

Like the Burgi sometimes it's better if you don't play with siblings.....becomes a weak point over time imo......a way for opponents to make it personal.

Sims might settle down here.

That would be a big signing.

Reactions: Hitman82
Only prop I'd take from that lot would be Jason king- tough as nails.
Moga is a wicked talent but would be a risky signing coming off two major knee injuries.

Reactions: stacky18
I'd take King or Bailey. There old but they bring a toughness and leadership that we lack.
Would happily take Vave but only for a fair price.

Far Away Fan

Crikey! New thread, first up!

Wadda we want!? ...a big bopper prop.

When do we want him!? ...now!!!

Do I want > a quality big bopper prop who may or may not have played 100 FG games already but however many it is has quality written all over him !? < ......YES!

Do I care who it is!? ...............NO! (*)

(*) as long as whoever it is isn't over the hill, of course.

Do I want > a quality big bopper prop who may or may not have played 100 FG games already but however many it is has quality written all over him !? < ......YES!

Do I care who it is!? ...............NO! (*)

(*) as long as whoever it is isn't over the hill, of course.
Russell Packer

Reactions: 2 people
Lloyd Perrett has big raps on him, Dogs were so keen they signed his older brother Sam to seal the deal and steal him from the Roosters.
Now considering their frontrow stocks already consist of Graham, Kasiano, Tolman, Klemmer and so on, Lloyd must really rate.

Plus he's a Kiwi too;)

Status
Not open for further replies.