Recruitment Warriors Recruitment and Rumour Mill - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup42

Sup42

Contributor
Hmm what do we know about him outside of the highlight package? Listed as a utility/pivot/fullback but some of those shots showed a pretty big guy playing 11. With no way to know when each video was taken it's hard to say seeing as at a young age the body can change pretty quickly. Ball playing lock maybe?

In any case, at least he seems willing to put his body on the line in defense. That's a start.
All good points.

I like the way he puts the ball on the ground and regathers not jut once but Twice !!!

That is harder to pull off than dribbling a ball into an in goal....he's got a natural toe on him and he's not scared to try it.

I hope his parent/parents read this forum.

Get your young fullah practicing field kicking !

If he wants to play halves, it won't matter how big he is, with those twinkle toes, that sound ethic tackling, adding field kicking would put him ahead of all the five eight prospects New Zealand has to chose from today.

He's got a nice sense of the weight/ touch of the ball with his foot, love to see someone like that get kicking lessons.

The way he dribbles that ball, he could learn to (if he doesn't already) dribble it into the in goal for repeat sets with his eyes shut.

Reactions: Defence
ramraider78

ramraider78

All good points.

I like the way he puts the ball on the ground and regathers not jut once but Twice !!!

That is harder to pull off than dribbling a ball into an in goal....he's got a natural toe on him and he's not scared to try it.

I hope his parent/parents read this forum.

Get your young fullah practicing field kicking !

If he wants to play halves, it won't matter how big he is, with those twinkle toes, that sound ethic tackling, adding field kicking would put him ahead of all the five eight prospects New Zealand has to chose from today.

He's got a nice sense of the weight/ touch of the ball with his foot, love to see someone like that get kicking lessons.

The way he dribbles that ball, he could learn to (if he doesn't already) dribble it into the in goal for repeat sets with his eyes shut.
I've seen this kid play local footy ,has all those skills in that You Tube clip - but he's not a great defender TBH still jersey grabbing, hopefully he can work on that part of his game.

Jordan G

Nothing says top tier Kiwi like Aiden Tolman......

I do rate him though, would be happy with that if it came true (prob prefer Moa though).

A replacement for Lillyman perhaps?

mode81

mode81

Tolman played lock at times last year.

Tolman might have covered the position for a few minutes but he's primarily a prop.

With Eric Watson stating the club will target the top 20 Kiwi NRL players I don't see how Tolman fits in that category.

CompletionRate

CompletionRate

Where are you hearing that from? Doggies or Warriors source?
That's from a Bulldogs source. Heard he's been approached by the club for 2017, unsure if talks have evolved he's the kinda guy that would leave that sort of thing to the end of the year. May have to take the risk with Moa on a little more money with him offering to come and fitting the 'top 20 kiwis' bill if Aiden doesn't budge.

Fazz

Fazz

Tolman would be an excellent signing. He's the kind of workmanlike player that would hold together all of the flaky, but brilliant players in our team. Eastwood, I get the feeling, would come back to NZ and just bro out, rather than being a role model.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I like the idea of a Tolman like signing, it's great getting these kiwi boys coming home but need a bit of variety in the squad

Reactions: ramps
brightman

brightman

I like the idea of a Tolman like signing, it's great getting these kiwi boys coming home but need a bit of variety in the squad
Variety? What bloody variety does Tolman have over Lillyman, do tell. Moa brings more to the table than both those two and would be worth the extra few bucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozwarrior
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Variety? What bloody variety does Tolman have over Lillyman, do tell. Moa brings more to the table than both those two and would be worth the extra few bucks.

Is there a quota on Aussie forwards? :p
What I was referring to is i think it's beneficial to have some players from outside of the Kiwis system With different experience to compliment our kiwis players to get a better rounded team.
I'd say Tolman would be seen as an heir of sort to Lillyman who IMO is on the decline of late.
Definitely wouldn't say no to Moa but if he's too expensive then why not Tolman?

Jordan G

IMO if we get Moa/Tolman it's more likely to see Lillyman leave early than in addition to him.

Reactions: Defence
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
IMO if we get Moa/Tolman it's more likely to see Lillyman leave early than in addition to him.

Bingo, I'd say either of these guys are a "replacement" for Lillyman and a mentor of sort to Vete and Lisone

Selector

Tasi Matautu has signed with the Warriors till the end of the 2017 season. Was a part of the Canterbury Bulldogs HPU event held last year. Rabbitohs where also interested as he spent time in their nz run programmes.

Reactions: tajhay and Sup42
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Tasi Matautu has signed with the Warriors till the end of the 2017 season. Was a part of the Canterbury Bulldogs HPU event held last year. Rabbitohs where also interested as he spent time in their nz run programmes.
Is this a NSWRL contract? 2nd Tier I mean...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Apparently Aiden Tolman is definitely on the cards and wants less than Sam Moa. Quite a bit less. If Sam Lousi would leave we could have him signed up already and retain Jacob Lillyman.

Sam Moa still interested in joining our roster. If we can meet his asking price. Sounds like it maybe a little much. Hopefully the Warriors can sort something out and not lose him like they did Frank Pritchard who was keen to come over...

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Apparently Aiden Tolman is definitely on the cards and wants less than Sam Moa. Quite a bit less. If Sam Lousi would leave we could have him signed up already and retain Jacob Lillyman.

Wow, recruitment at the Warriors has definitely reached a new dawn. That would be an awesome pick up. Sione better get fit and earn at least some of his coin.

I can't believe players actually want to come here. We must have been all kinds of disaster behind the scenes prior to Doyle arriving

I see a premiership in the next couple of years (not this year though)

Reactions: OMG
Status
Not open for further replies.