Recruitment Warriors Recruitment and Rumour Mill - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
snake77

snake77

That's my thinking as well, hell every signing we have had since Big Jim arrived has been completely off the radar and the announcement has been the first mention. I'll stick with my belief that half these guys get their info from fan forums.
I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case (getting a lot of their info off fan forums). It just reads better to say "sources indicate" or "my sources have told me" rather than CompletionRate saw Cleary in New Zealand at the popular holiday destination Mt Maunganui and had a few beers with him while teasing him about his future.

**No offence intended CompletionRate you are just the most recent example.

Our club is isolated from the Sydney media and now that Elliott has gone the Mole isn't getting anything leaked and we have a CEO who either shoots down rumours or keeps his hand hidden until a signing is formalised. At the moment our best bet is to wait until Doyle has moved his chess pieces into place or what guys on here get from people they now or the horses mouth.

The media is still pushing the Cleary signing as a coaching change. Like others have mentioned chances are it is for another role and most likely another case of the media being wrong with rumours about our club or sticking to their guns with previous statements.

On the Gavet rumour. How good is it to read our recruitment being stunning. Previous years would most likely be described as disappointing, mixed, reasonable etc.
https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/another-big-deal-for-warriors-20097/#OjykSXlcQkZHJhYt.97

The competition up front is going to be great. Hopefully an end to seeing our pack bullied; or if they do get bashed we make some changes and the replacements take their opportunity.

Weno

Weno

My cousin plays for the Titans NYC team.
He told us that the Titans and and coupli other clubs will be circling around Ata Hingano
near the end of this season.
He told us this around the hangi pit about 5minutes ago and counting.

Defence

Defence

He told us that the Titans and and coupli other clubs will be circling around Ata Hingano

Not sure that would be the best club for him since they already have elgey and Taylor on the books.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Does he get good goss about Titans and other clubs recruitment? Seems odd for a NYC player...

Reactions: surfin
Defence

Defence

This is the Titans we're talking about- they're a bit of a basket case.
Unfortunately for them they don't have an uncle Jim of their own to keep things professional and in house.
Could sure do with one tho.

Weno

Weno

Does he get good goss about Titans and other clubs recruitment? Seems odd for a NYC player...
Not to sure bro, one of the whanau mentioned Ata as one to watch.
The cuz said, he could be one of us.
Then peer pressure(15 minutes of nagging) squeezed it out.
We usually don't talk rugby league with him, but with the excitement of our 2016 Warriors, we could not help ourselves.
He is more interested in how our Ngaruawahia Panthers are progressing and who is in the national waka ama competition.

drake83

How old is he 18/19? Was quite impressed with his showing in the NSW cup last season quite composed for a guy that age.

Reactions: Weno
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Yeah the Warriors are high as a kite on Ata. Don't think he will be going anywhere. Besides Gold Coast is career suicide for young blokes. So many NYC stars have gone there never to be heard of again.

Reactions: mt.wellington
snake77

snake77

The latest RLW has a bit on our recruitment of Gavet. He got a recommendation from Bennett. Looks like we have him on a 12 week trial.

Bennet saying he could be useful but has off field issues. Can be late to training.

The strict 12 week trial makes it sound like we are making him earn a contract which is the way it should be.

The interesting part of the article we missed out on Sam Moa which we knew about. But it said we also went after Brett Ferres**. Not sure how far negotiations went but that would have went down well with the media. First headline "Warriors sign guy who slept with teammates wife". Seen he's been picked up by another Super League club now.

**Hopefully I've got the right guy.

Sup42

Sup42

Contributor
The latest RLW has a bit on our recruitment of Gavet. He got a recommendation from Bennett. Looks like we have him on a 12 week trial.

Bennet saying he could be useful but has off field issues. Can be late to training.

The strict 12 week trial makes it sound like we are making him earn a contract which is the way it should be.

The interesting part of the article we missed out on Sam Moa which we knew about. But it said we also went after Brett Ferres**. Not sure how far negotiations went but that would have went down well with the media. First headline "Warriors sign guy who slept with teammates wife". Seen he's been picked up by another Super League club now.

Interesting about Ferries, hell of a player, I'm glad that the club is still looking at players in both Major rugby league comps, it would be stupid to ignore the ESL based on our past experience, just ask Russell Crowe and Des Hassler.

Ferries had a good year last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Josh Massoud tweeting that we have been in negotiations with Josh Starling. Am at work so can't get on twitter to upload tweet, but his tweet reads (when asked about Starling): "Starling had been negotiating with Nzwarriors, last I heard."

Juju

Juju

Josh Massoud tweeting that we have been in negotiations with Josh Starling. Am at work so can't get on twitter to upload tweet, but his tweet reads (when asked about Starling): "Starling had been negotiating with Nzwarriors, last I heard."
Bizarre - I would think prop is pretty much covered now with Gavet.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor

Then this reply about the above tweet...

Selector

Kane Telea from Sacred Heart College, has signed a 2 year deal with the Vodafone Warriors, recently represented NZ universities.
Obligatory YouTube video.

Reactions: Sup42 and tajhay

Jordan G

Hmm what do we know about him outside of the highlight package? Listed as a utility/pivot/fullback but some of those shots showed a pretty big guy playing 11. With no way to know when each video was taken it's hard to say seeing as at a young age the body can change pretty quickly. Ball playing lock maybe?

In any case, at least he seems willing to put his body on the line in defense. That's a start.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor

Sorry just saw this. Do you have a link for this???

Status
Not open for further replies.