General Warriors Preseason 2020

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Alarm bells already for me, they say Curran is a prop in the article, then name Blair in the fucking second row. SK, it's not hard mate. Don't fuck this up, we're short on props, play the old slow bastard who has played there for half of his 10+ year career..

And the centres.. Is Hiku being nursed back from injury or something? Nice to see Perham there I guess, but just sounds like when he switched Hiku and Kata around for no reason. Fusitua is a top winger, all his best attributes are wing play, and we have a stack of centres already.

Hope he proves me wrong eh!

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2018
Also fk Blair, just get gone

Its unlimited interchange in trials, all the important players tend to play 40mins or so.
We are talking at cross purposes. You are answering a question I didn't ask. Know how the trials work. eg 28 or so guys play and most guys play no more than 40 minutes.

kavafred

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2013
Kids have short memories, and what made the kids unhappy the Warriors, the game or some drunk dickheads? If they had gone to the beach and there was a group of muppets playing a game of footy, kicking sand everywhere and crashing through picnics would the kids never want to go to the beach ever again? I doubt it, my memory is busted anyway but at a guess in six months time a four year old is not going to remember someone saying some swear words that they don't even know what they mean, especially if they have never heard them before and tie that in with "The Warriors are bad." Pissed off adults, yeah, scarred for life 7 year old, probably not.
My kids are fully hardened for those situations as they have spent years watching & listening to me watch the Warriors play over the years!! ;)

Reactions: Murraytd

kavafred

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2013
My first ever rugby game, i was about that age, 7/8 years old.

I went to a bledisloe cup game at Eden park with my old man - all blacks v wallabies

I dont remember anything about the game, but do remember a bunch of drunk people sitting near us, swearing and hollowing away with laughter

Looking back I'm sure it was all fun and games, but to a 7 year old at the time, it was pretty scary

That stuff does stay with you.... especially if its the first time you see it ie adults using mass profanity
I remember the terraces at Eden Park during the ODI games in the mid to late 80's was the best times i had at the cricket as a 10ish year old!! Cops used to drag the really drunk guys/trouble makers down below for a bit of "stick time" every now and then. Ah the good old days!!😂😂😂

Stalefish540

Just win.
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
We are talking at cross purposes. You are answering a question I didn't ask. Know how the trials work. eg 28 or so guys play and most guys play no more than 40 minutes.
Ok re-read. To answer your question, Kearney likes to play silly games like hes some sort of Messiah. So the 17 could be completely different come Round 1.

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
The Iron Kitty is too busy spreading rumours about the NRL season being cancelled to worry about Pompey.

No I'm not kidding - I wish I was.
Haha went and had a look, cracks me up that he’s still posting bullshit with a holier than thou attitude implying he has some inside source when everyone knows he’s full of shit

Vancent

😎
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
The year when NRL make a rule amendment where the winger cannot be tackled in the year, Fusitua who is perhaps our biggest proponent of that gets shifted to Centre. Besides, every chance he has had at centre, his defence has been found wanting.
Exactly. Says a lot about where we are and where we will continue to be with this Coach.

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
I remember the terraces at Eden Park during the ODI games in the mid to late 80's was the best times i had at the cricket as a 10ish year old!! Cops used to drag the really drunk guys/trouble makers down below for a bit of "stick time" every now and then. Ah the good old days!!😂😂😂
Those games were feral...all day in the sun, drink etc, I've saw grown men shitting themselves being led away by the police! ODIs versus Oz were the worst.