Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Here’s a question - do you think our management team got too cocky after our performance last season and shedded too many players?
If the young halves come through it will be seen as good management, if not bad management, simple as that.m Letting Lino go was the only possible mistake they had control of though IMO.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I know it's screwed up to think this way but I'm thrilled Greens out.

I don't trust Sk enough to think he would let one of the young halves get a run, when Green was fit.

This way one of the young halves is guaranteed a run while Kearney meddles with the like of Hiku in the other spot.

I don't wanna wish Hiku ill eigther, but if he does pull up for a game or two .i'd be over the moon. Come on down Keighran and Milne.

Reaction score
blue bells

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
I know it's screwed up to think this way but I'm thrilled Greens out.

I don't trust Sk enough to think he would let one of the young halves get a run, when Green was fit.

This way one of the young halves is guaranteed a run while Kearney meddles with the like of Hiku in the other spot.

I don't wanna wish Hiku ill eigther, but if he does pull up for a game or two .i'd be over the moon. Come on down Keighran and Milne.
I might be a tad tipsy but I cant find an argument for that logic lol:p;)

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If the young halves come through it will be seen as good management, if not bad management, simple as that.m Letting Lino go was the only possible mistake they had control of though IMO.
How has none of this the clubs fault?
They engineered a conflict an now holding
Their jaws like they didn't deserve a slap .
It might be best thing or it might be the worst
But the club made this situation .

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Bro, they got rid of Lolohea, Hingano, Lino then made SJ walk. That’s all our young future stock at the halves gone in the space of a few seasons. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but FMD this sounds like amateur planning to me.

And what we have now are two young halves that have never played first grade before? Backing up an ageing 32 year old that is already having problems before the season has even started??? Smh

Bro, this could very well blow up in our faces. Halves is not a position to blood rookies. Every team will be licking their lips to take them on in defence.

They will be exposed defensively.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Halves have to debut sometime. As far as SJ goes he is gone, get over it. Blame whover, he is gone and has his own thread.

Lolohea was a poster boy for the adage talent is not enough. Hingano and Lino wanted out. If they knew the situation now it may have been different. Thats life get over it.

The Halves have a full pre season to prepare. They will have to be carefully managed as they will be OK for a few games, but will struggle for consistency over a season. Not their fault just the facts of life of a tough comp.

Green is very important. Just as much as a mentor off field. Hiku and other players who could play Half will be needed. With Green and Stacey Jones training these guys. Corvo preparing them AK & CHT should be excited about the opportunity they will get this season.

I will be deservedly pilloried over this but Kata was a Half in Union and I remember those long bullet passes he threw playing the Broncos years ago. Although Tuimavave looked a world beater that day as well. Just looking at options.

Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Halves have to debut sometime. As far as SJ goes he is gone, get over it. Blame whover, he is gone and has his own thread.

Lolohea was a poster boy for the adage talent is not enough. Hingano and Lino wanted out. If they knew the situation now it may have been different. Thats life get over it.

The Halves have a full pre season to prepare. They will have to be carefully managed as they will be OK for a few games, but will struggle for consistency over a season. Not their fault just the facts of life of a tough comp.

Green is very important. Just as much as a mentor off field. Hiku and other players who could play Half will be needed. With Green and Stacey Jones training these guys. Corvo preparing them AK & CHT should be excited about the opportunity they will get this season.

I will be deservedly pilloried over this but Kata was a Half in Union and I remember those long bullet passes he threw playing the Broncos years ago. Although Tuimavave looked a world beater that day as well. Just looking at options.
This probably the wrong thread but i think the Kata was a halfback (which is closer to a hooker in league) has pretty much been disproven now.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Green being injured is a blow. He is getting up there in age and it is a long season so chances pretty high he'd miss games at some point. Hopefully his injuries are limited during the season.

We need to play the cards that have been dealt. Now the guys who are likely to partner him get more game time before the season starts and the pressure rises.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Kata to the halves!?

Brilliant idea.

Genius.

You obviously know something about him that none of us know. Himself included.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Kata to the halves!?

Brilliant idea.

Genius.

You obviously know something about him that none of us know. Himself included.
As I said it is an option, not preferred but still there. Other than the Rookies and Hiku who else can play in the Halves.

Reaction score
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
..Halves is not a position to blood rookies. Every team will be licking their lips to take them on in defence.

They'll need a defensive bodyguard much like Tonie Carroll and Sam Thaiday was for Lockyer (though he still took BIG hits on attack! lol)

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
They'll need a defensive bodyguard much like Tonie Carroll and Sam Thaiday was for Lockyer (though he still took BIG hits on attack! lol)
They’re gonna get exposed bro.

You can’t expect rookies to know how to read the game defensively.

Look how many years it took SJ to become a half decent defender. It’s not just about body positioning, it’s knowing what the opposite are going to do on attack and adjusting your line to defend it properly.

Two halves with no nrl experience playing 80min of footy? I would be licking my lips if I had to play against that.

Sorry for the negativity.

Go the Warriors!!!

Reaction score
Lance155

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Amazing how Green was spoken about how amazing he is etc and how he is our key half and now all of a sudden he is the next Foran. I think we have real quality backrowers which will help the newbies on D

Reaction score
janfin

janfin

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
They’re gonna get exposed bro.

You can’t expect rookies to know how to read the game defensively.

Look how many years it took SJ to become a half decent defender. It’s not just about body positioning, it’s knowing what the opposite are going to do on attack and adjusting your line to defend it properly.

Two halves with no nrl experience playing 80min of footy? I would be licking my lips if I had to play against that.

Sorry for the negativity.

Go the Warriors!!!
I believe .we!ll be right .Cant wait for the start of the season :);)

Reaction score

Far North Forever

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Bro, they got rid of Lolohea, Hingano, Lino then made SJ walk. That’s all our young future stock at the halves gone in the space of a few seasons. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but FMD this sounds like amateur planning to me.

And what we have now are two young halves that have never played first grade before? Backing up an ageing 32 year old that is already having problems before the season has even started??? Smh

Bro, this could very well blow up in our faces. Halves is not a position to blood rookies. Every team will be licking their lips to take them on in defence.

Lolohea, Hingano and sorry but Lino are not fulltime NRL standard halves and we have no idea if the 2/3 kids are. I assume they will start off with a hiss and a roar then the NRL grind will slow them, or they will be outstanding rookies for the year and get 2nd year Blues. Really hoping they are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom