General Warriors Preseason 2019

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by Tony Martin, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Tony Martin
    Join:
    Jun 4, 2016

Tony Martin 1st Grade Fringe

Warriors Preseason 2019

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Does anyone know when they come back for preseason? According to fox sports it’s tomorrow..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2018
  2. Citygirl
    Join:
    May 3, 2016

Citygirl 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

I've heard tomorrow for other clubs, not sure if it's across the board though

3. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

I thought I read clubs or maybe the Warriors were heading back on Monday the 5th.

As someone that loves to exercise looking forward to seeing the training updates. Time for Corvo to draw up the training plans and earn his pay check.

4. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

I heard it was Thursday.

5. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

The 5th might of been some of the clubs with a new coach starting. Pretty sure I read an article or two of a club starting on the 5th and if the coach might not be there when they start (maybe Macguire at the Tigers).

Our casualty ward list there doesn't look to bad in terms of off season surgery. Roache must be due to train soon.

Do they have Lawton missing? There was an article about him having surgery.

For RTS I suppose we just need to try and find some positives. Missing the tour means a few less games & travel. It isn't as bad as his last injury. Can get some rest physically and mentally before ripping into the pre-season to back up his Dally M winning season. That last part sounds so good.:D

6. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Looking at some of the players insta stories, most look to still be on holiday so if they start tomorrow there won’t be many there!!!

Raiders definitely start tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Maybe has something to do with whether teams played finals or not? Most sports are mandating minimum breaks these days.

8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

That will be it.

9. Fearmuss
    Join:
    Mar 4, 2016

Fearmuss 1st Grade Fringe

Don’t they get compulsory 6 weeks off now.

10. Biser
    Join:
    Jul 7, 2018

Biser Waterboy

Pretty sure that's after Internationals as well

11. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

The players definitely get a defined period off. Think you guys might be right with 6 weeks as I remember being jealous as us mere mortals only get 4. Usually I think it is broken up 4 weeks after the season then 2 weeks around Christmas

There was an article a few days ago about the Johnson saga dragging out as once he comes back from the Kiwis tour like the other internationals he won't be back until after they start up after new year.

12. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

Happens every year players starting pre season is staggered for a variety of reasons.

13. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

They probably won't do it but would love to see another pre-season doco on Sky

14. Tony Martin
    Join:
    Jun 4, 2016

Tony Martin 1st Grade Fringe

Warriors just posted a video on there Facebook page with the players back today.

CNK, Roache, Sam Cook are all there, doesn’t really show anyone else

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2018
  15. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Guy Fawkes ?

Good. I hope Alex Corvo fires a fucking rocket up their asses over that humiliating loss in finals against Panthers ... ;)

16. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Only players back on Thursday where those that were on rehab before Round 26, need to drop weight, new juniors and those the club have invited to trial for the ISP team. Those that trained right up until the first week of the finals will start this Monday. Basically be the full squad minus the MMT boys and the Kiwis.

Important to note that players not involved in Internationals still trained at the club few weeks after the season had finished. Was more fun games type training but no less intense then standard training. Even on holiday they will still train. Athletes who stop end up breaking down.

They also have all been weighed and know their weights and skinfold targets to comeback with. Even the Kiwis boys who might only see one day preseason this year will only comeback to be weighed and take skinfold tests...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

17. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

Can I get my 10c in here as it pops up yearly. Pre season is not punishment it is preparation.

Players are taken to their limits then are trained to better those limits we saw last season players hating Corvo until they started seeing and feeling the results.

It is why I think players like Satae will be able to go to another level. There will be others..

Corvo himself said he needed two seasons so if the job is only half donne with the improvement last year ir could be good times.

18. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Watching Foxtel ‘classic’ games yesterday they had our 2016 vs the Roosters (the RTS golden point win) at Gosford. The improvement in the team since then is massive,
    -RTS and Luke have stepped their game up massively.
    -Ken and Fus are an upgrade on aging Manu and Tui(although he played well)
    -Our forward pack is light years better vs a tired looking impactless Lillyman/Matulino/Hoffman plus a sprinkling of Rookies.
    - Johnson i noticed his off the mark speed has slowed but the rest of his game was similar, Green is a massive upgrade on Robson.
    -Ayshford looked relatively solid but it was disappointing to see Kata doing the same no pass/ barge over tactics(although he did score off it).

Over all a MASSIVE improvement to what we were

19. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Geez he has them sucking big ones already. Gotta love that guy. No wonder SJ is happy to be in England.

20. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Fucking rip in boys. There's a premiership to win next year.