Bring Them Back To First Grade Next Week?

• Manu Vatuvai

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Konrad Hurrell

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Ben Matulino

Votes: 63 53.4%
  • Bodeen Thompson

Votes: 110 93.2%
  • Albert Vete

Votes: 44 37.3%
  • Sam Lisone

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pete

Pete

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
*Mod - This post was moved from the Sack The Players thread. Others have been moved from What To Do With The 6, Manu Vautvei Appreciation, Manu Vatuvei, Konrad Hurrell, etc to help keep the discussion clogging up 10 threads.

Surprised this thread hasn't been busier today. Surely a few of the serial offenders need to be traded asap. Time to clean shop. They need a massive culture change and the ringleaders of the old culture need to be ousted. Carlos Spencer was one of the All Blacks top stars and he got the boot to clean up the ABs and start their new culture which everyone would do anything to emulate. No more mucking around in training and pulling faces in jersey presentations. Do they need to bring in shirts and ties rather than hoodies and beanies when they turn up to change for training? You can't tell me that some of them wouldn't respond well to a stricter culture. Vete and a few others were in top Auckland private schools. Give them structure. Yea they should be grown up and not need it, but it seems being the clown gets more kudus in the team than the hard workers. Was Price on the outer as he didn't like that before he left? Hurrel has to go and I think Manu now too or whoever the troublemakers are. It seems they are too used to giving the coach no respect and a sidewise glance. I pick after the coach has a rant he will walk down the hall and hear giggles in the room behind him. Facefacts (I think it was him') should have worked harder to convince us of the Beasts failings so I blame him too.;) Still like him on the charge though. He needs a huge huge huge game when he gets back in the team and be the first to do extras in training. Hurrel gets no chances. Doesn't he want to go to Japanese rugby? Someone offer him up. Watson needs to buy a Japanese team and then sign them up to get them out of our side. How low can they sink? Answer with the Warriors is always lower than you think. They make the Blues look good and that always takes some work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

Nesio McCarthy

U20's Player
Reaction score
To be fair the game is a lot faster and harder these days. SJ is a better defender than Stacey ever was. Where Stacey was better, was in tactical nous IMO. Stacey knew how to create gaps for others that led to tries. And that was his first option before running. But he'd time his runs to keep the opposition in 2 minds. SJ hasn't worked that one out yet. He's not a natural league player. IMO it's hard to find a place for the Benjis and SJs of the league world. They play better when the whole team revolves around them. Benji had his mates playing around him at the Tigers. They learned how to play his game.

We've had so many changes at the club, having a settled lineup would help no end. I reckon we should just field our best attacking 17 and spend the year whipping them into defensive shape. Throw the big forwards in: Lane and Sipley, even Lauitiiti (give him a try).
Actually where Stacey was at his most potent was when he took the line on with options inside, outside and out the back of him, clubs actually call this shape the Stacey Jones shape. Because Stacey wasn't as strong a runner like Joey or Freddie, he relied heavily on support runners.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
The reason this threads not too popular just now is people are venting all over the Website, the out pouring of rage is unprecedented....and that's why I've kept quiet too...noone likes a smart arse....and this thread was started as a discussion stirer.....by no means was it ment to be predictive.

I have been in shock since the news broke, quite honestly .....I've had nothing to say.....felt sick about it all really.

I love the Warriors, dissing them to stir discussion is one thing.....but having your pidgeons come home to roost is another.....I wish it weren't true....that a bunch of individuals did what they did.

OK so a bunch of league players broke team protocol and got on the piss....showed up in no fit state to work....that is forgivable.... Most of us have seen that at work.

The decision to do it after the ANZAC insult is unforgivable.

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out in the fallout....so excuse me if I'm going over old ground.....

Listening to RS and other media today....it is clear that this is the biggest story in NZ sport today.

Popular opinion includes asking if this is a sign of dissention in the ranks and a case of the dreaded 'coach has lost the dressing Room'.

After much thought this is what I've come to.
In the past an act like this would be reasonably thought to be a sign the coach has lost the dressing room....not this time.

This is a declaration of War and a power struggle between player factions and Warriors owner + CEO.....this is a water shed moment and a clash between change management....culture values from an organisational POV Vs players that believe the Warriors need them to survive.

Jim Doyle is like the school principle....Cappy is a mere teacher in his employ.....these players are the school kids who told the teacher to get fucked....knowing full well that former head of the ,NRL integrity unit....Principle Doyle would take action.

1. Class clown Konrad who is already in detention and wants a transfer....tests Doyle his only Warriors protector....fans berate Cappy for not picking this Karnt

2. Manu (see above and factor in that the Warriors have stood by him through thick and thin) he has been one of our greats because of his attitude....well he just traded that get out of jail free card for the sake of .....well folks I don't know What.... This knob has little girls and a wife he should be putting first.....Jim Doyle gonna fk u up son.

3. Ben.....clown wants out....former VC of Packers Warriors Gang....one if the Warriors best.....coz yeah the bar is set really low and your team Is shit mate.

3. Thompson.....you are a snr player....your game was the worst Eva in Warriors colours....bro ....wtf is wrong with you hooking up with the haters on the shop floor ?

Lisone + Vete......

Bugger me.....both these losers have been the cause of much Cappy criticism.....

Well guess wot....the cats outta the bag...the reason Cappy has possibly lost his job is you mutinous bastards....I Hope he approaches Elliot, Bluey, Ivan, and Iro....and between them they have a whip around to raise funds for a Sopranos styled hit back.

Last edited:
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
The reason this threads not too popular just now is people are venting all over the Website, the out pouring of rage is unprecedented....and that's why I've kept quiet too...noone likes a smart arse....and this thread was started as a discussion stirer.....by no means was it ment to be predictive.

I have been in shock since the news broke, quite honestly .....I've had nothing to say.....felt sick about it all really.

I love the Warriors, dissing them to stir discussion is one thing.....but having your pidgeons come home to roost is another.....I wish it weren't true....that a bunch of individuals did what they did.

OK so a bunch of league players broke team protocol and got on the piss....showed up in no fit state to work....that is forgivable.... Most of us have seen that at work.

The decision to do it after the ANZAC insult is unforgivable.

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out in the fallout....so excuse me if I'm going over old ground.....

Listening to RS and other media today....it is clear that this is the biggest story in NZ sport today.

Popular opinion includes asking if this is a sign of dissention in the ranks and a case of the dreaded 'coach has lost the dressing Room'.

In the past an act like this would be reasonably thought to be a sign the coach has lost the dressing room....not this time.

This is a declaration of War and a power struggle between player factions and Warriors owner + CEO.....this is a water shed moment and a clash between change management....culture values from an organisational POV Vs players that believe the Warriors need them to survive.

Jim Doyle is like the school principle....Cappy is a mere teacher in his employ.....these players are the school kids who told the teacher to get fucked....knowing full well that former head of the ,NRL integrity unit....Principle Doyle would take action.

1. Class clown Konrad who is already in detention and wants a transfer....tests Doyle his only Warriors protector....fans berate Cappy for not picking this Karnt

2. Manu (see above and factor in that the Warriors have stood by him through thick and thin) he has been one of our greats because of his attitude....well he just traded that get out of jail free card for the sake of .....well folks I don't know What.... This knob has little girls and a wife he should be putting first.....Jim Doyle gonna fk u up son.

3. Ben.....clown wants out....former VC of Packers Warriors Gang....one if the Warriors best.....coz yeah the bar is set really low and your team Is shit mate.

3. Thompson.....you are a snr player....your game was the worst Eva in Warriors colours....bro ....wtf is wrong with you hooking up with the haters on the shop floor ?

Lisone + Vete......

Bugger me.....both these losers have been the cause of much Cappy criticism.....

Well guess wot....the cats outta the bag...the reason Cappy has possibly lost his job is you mutinous bastards....I Hope he approaches Elliot, Bluey, Ivan, and Iro....and between them they have a whip around to raise funds for a Sopranos styled hit back.
and it all comes back to recruitment. I think we are going to see a lot of changes there.

Reaction score

MXRecord

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

I've been thinking about this and I came to a similar conclusion. This is a clique trying to cause trouble and out the coach, just like the last times.
Looks like it won't happen this time and good on JD and Cappy! I hope these self important prima donna's get schooled!

Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
When are we going to hear if any further action is to be taken?

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've been a big supporter of Hurrell in the past but he has to go, so does Manu I'm sick of these muppets. This rubbish is the final straw for me, I'm tuning out for the foreseeable future until some big changes are made at the club, the serial offenders MUST go. No 1 game punishment, they need to be made an example of, that their behaviour will not be tolerated by the club. These guys need a kick up the arse. They earn 100s of thousands of dollars a year and care less about the team than we do. I don't care whether they were drinking alcohol or red bull, the fact remains they went out to party after being absolutely destroyed in a totally inept performance and then failed to turn up for the review session....are you fucking kidding me? Just when the team is at it's lowest point and they need to band together they pull this shit out. Their attitudes are an absolute disgrace.

Remember last year when yet another season was in tatters we were all talking about 2016 and how excited we were with RTS and Luke coming on board, we were looked at by most as top 4 contenders based on our roster. We are worse than last year, our players are even more unprofessional. I believe Ryan Hoffman has said behind the scenes something along the lines of Manu and Konrad being the most unprofessional players he's played with clowning around at training and laughing when they drop the ball or mucking up a training drill.....what total twats and it shows with their on field performances.

Now I continue to see the 2017 team thread at the top of the list lol who gives a fuck about 2017, they need to fix this and they need to fix it now and it starts with the players and ridding the club of this toxic bro culture. Cappy isn't the man to lead us forward, he's been found wanting imo in too many areas but for fucks sake he's not had it easy with these clowns in the team and it clearly rubs off on the rest of them. Anyway thats my rant done and I'm done with this team for the time being, too many idiots, too many seasons of shit house performances and its got to the point where if the players dont care then neither do I.

Good luck to those true supporters who will continue to support and follow this rabble of losers :) You really do deserve better.

I hate this team right now.

Over and out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whiteknight

Whiteknight

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Before the Warriors started I was a Magpies supporter when I lived in Sydney and went and watched them play most weekends.
They were a pretty average team but they fronted up every week and always put in.
I would love to be able to say that about my team now, I don't care who fronts up every week, I just want them to put in some effort and show that the jersey means something to them other than a bank

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've been a big supporter of Hurrell in the past but he has to go, so does Manu I'm sick of these muppets. This rubbish is the final straw for me, I'm tuning out for the foreseeable future until some big changes are made at the club, the serial offenders MUST go. No 1 game punishment, they need to be made an example of, that their behaviour will not be tolerated by the club. These guys need a kick up the arse. They earn 100s of thousands of dollars a year and care less about the team than we do. I don't care whether they were drinking alcohol or red bull, the fact remains they went out to party after being absolutely destroyed in a totally inept performance and then failed to turn up for the review session....are you fucking kidding me? Just when the team is at it's lowest point and they need to band together they pull this shit out. Their attitudes are an absolute disgrace.

Remember last year when yet another season was in tatters we were all talking about 2016 and how excited we were with RTS and Luke coming on board, we were looked at by most as top 4 contenders based on our roster. We are worse than last year, our players are even more unprofessional. I believe Ryan Hoffman has said behind the scenes something along the lines of Manu and Konrad being the most unprofessional players he's played with clowning around at training and laughing when they drop the ball or mucking up a training drill.....what total twats and it shows with their on field performances.

Now I continue to see the 2017 team thread at the top of the list lol who gives a fuck about 2017, they need to fix this and they need to fix it now and it starts with the players and ridding the club of this toxic bro culture. Cappy isn't the man to lead us forward, he's been found wanting imo in too many areas but for fucks sake he's not had it easy with these clowns in the team and it clearly rubs off on the rest of them. Anyway thats my rant done and I'm done with this team for the time being, too many idiots, too many seasons of shit house performances and its got to the point where if the players dont care then neither do I.

Good luck to those true supporters who will continue to support and follow this rabble of losers :) You really do deserve better.

I hate this team right now.

Over and out.
not having a go at you but every one that is saying cappy must go as he hasn't proven anything.....well in my mind its abit hard when half your team dont want to perform or even turn up to play each week.

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I wouldn't drop these guys to NSW for a week. I'd give them a run in Fox, playing against each other if possible.

Then I'd give them the option of playing NSW cup if they agree to cut their contracts in half.

Reaction score
mode81

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Finally after all these years of inconsistent under performing players we can move forward knowing Jim won't tolerate nobody's bullshit.

Won't be surprised to see Konnie gone by the end of next week. Simply can't afford to have immature imbeciles in the system, have we heard any controversy or stupidity from Kata since he entered first grade? Nada, zilch, zero. big difference in maturity between Konnie & Kata.

Ring leaders Vatuvei, Matulino you guys have let the club down massively. Go get pissed drown your sorrows whatever but do it at an appropriate time. Missing a team review after that horror show against Melbourne and thinking there'll be no consequences? These guys are crazy deluded.

As someone mentioned those 2012 - 2016 party years are over. Some of the worst years ever as a supporter. The buck stopped last week. The inmates got busted and are no longer running the asylum.

So rapt McFadden has stood up to these clowns now you just do what you gotta do Jim. If that means sacking the high profile culprits then go for it. I'm confident he'll find some decent recruits.

Reaction score

pantera nhl

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Only problem with Cappy is he still stays with his tried & True

Reaction score

jono_t2000

U20's Player
Reaction score
What is with Ashford getting bagged? I think he has been a great signing, starting to click with Tui, d looks solid, he talks heaps. All these idiots that think Hurrell is the answer, he is a disgrace, gassed in 10min, no defence, doesn't talk, if he isn't lifting his knee and breaking someone's jaw he makes bugger all impact. Most of the people on this forum think filling the team with local talent is the answer, historically we have had our best seasons when we have our biggest ratio of Aussie imports.
2002 squad:
Kiwis (and pacific islanders) - Jones, Guttenbeil, Swann, Seu Seu, Ali, Monty, Koopu, Meli, Toopi,Hape, Fa'afili, Iafeta, Faumauina, Hohaia, Anderson, Pai, Tuimavave, (17)
Others - Cleary, Tookey, Villasanti, Myles, Campion, Morgan, Smurf, Carlaw, PJ, Webb, (10) = 27%

2016 squad:
Kiwis (and pacific islanders) Ali, Leuluai, Manu, Mannering, Mutts, Lousi, SJ, Henry, Konrad, Gubb, Palavi, Fusitua, Lolohea, Kata, Bodene, Lisone, Vete, Mariner, Maumalo, Lino, RTS, Roache, Jazz, Sao, Klokstad (25)
Others: Lillyman, Hoffman, Wright, Allwood, Ayshford, Gavet, Lane (7) = 22.4%

Reaction score
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The more I think about the Fuckwit Five / Shameful 6/ whatever, the more I think it's the breakthrough we've been waiting for. Assuming Hurrell's gone, if JD somehow squeezes Mutts and Manu out of their contracts it'll give him over $1.2 million to lure a big name forward or two to get our "title contender" backline into the game. Bromwich alone could transform the team dynamic instantly.

Reaction score

MXRecord

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The more I think about the Fuckwit Five / Shameful 6/ whatever, the more I think it's the breakthrough we've been waiting for. Assuming Hurrell's gone, if JD somehow squeezes Mutts and Manu out of their contracts it'll give him over $1.2 million to lure a big name forward or two to get our "title contender" backline into the game. Bromwich alone could transform the team dynamic instantly.
We can only hope. :)

Top Bottom