General Warriors player of the year

Who was the Warriors player of the year?

• Tuivasa-Sheck

• George Jennings

• Hiku

• Nikorima

• Harris-Tavita

• Egan

• Taunoa Brown

• Harris

• Katoa

• Tevaga

• Murchie

Results are only viewable after voting.

francis

U20's Player
Jun 19, 2020
Tohu player of the year. Katoa has star written all over him, but JTB from train and trial at the start of the season to 19 games. Right time and right place, played solid 1st grade football. 1st year player, most improved, give him something!
yep bro i'd like to see JTB get an award of some sort to reward his improvement in his first season of fg..he's only going to get better..your spot on with those 3

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I'm picking RTS for the way he held the team together when they had every excuse to implode. The most difficult assignment of any NRL captain this year and loved his energy.

Katoa has been incredible for his debut season with honorable mention to Paul Turner for his one game cameo.

Pleasantly surprised with how well Perham slotted in a centre and instantly looked a first grader.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I've seen a few nominations for club man of the year so have one from left-field. While the cynics would suggest an 8 game TV deal was at stake I'm nominating Peter V'Landys. Have never heard so much positive promotion of our club from NRL HQ before and while he couldn't fulfil every goal he worked his butt off with the authorities to still have us involved.

Also loved the way he left the other football codes in his wake. When everyone was saying he was dreaming that the comp would resume this year he brought in the biosecurity experts and had it up and running with a zero tolerance stance on even the smallest of breaches which the other codes then followed.

He saved this club and he saved the NRL.

Last edited:

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Harris for POTY

HM Captain Shek and Hiku. Rog came home strong and Hiku is a superb attacking centre.

Rookie obviously Katoa, that pack next year should go gangbusters.

Clubman of the year, well the entire team that stayed and fought and did the club and fans proud.....but Shek for that with an honorable mention to one Adam Blair for picking his game when called out and playing a fine final season, staying with the team even with his grandmothers passing and then retiring to leave us in better shape for next year.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Just in support of tohu...
I have no idea what this award is but he won it and I found the criteria quite interesting-

Players like Harris & Trbojevic are the heart and soul of teams. Regardless of result or whats happening around them their performances never drop below a 8/10.

I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone that both Harris & Trbojevic have taken out first place (equally) in this seasons VB's Hard Earned award.

"Each player's VB Hard Earned index score is calculated by doubling their total runs and adding a point for every tackle, offload, decoy, support, charge down and tackle break.

Negative plays lower the index score. One point is taken off per missed tackle, while errors and penalties cost four points. Being sin-binned results in eight points being subtracted."

The top 8 were as follows

@tohuharris12 & @jaketrbojevic 1829
McInnes 1749
@fisherhizzle 1657
@pattycarrigan 1629
@isaah_yeo 1613
@aidentolman 1550
@lege_era0 1533

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
RLPA “players champion” nominees have been announced (each club has four players nominated by their peers) and our four are...
Harris, rts, Hiku and.... Lawton.

Some other notables include incoming warriors afb for manly and Euan Aitken for the dragons and former warriors Sj for the sharks and sst for the roosters.

The winner will be announced grand final day.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
I've seen a few nominations for club man of the year so have one from left-field. While the cynics would suggest an 8 game TV deal was at stake I'm nominating Peter V'Landys. Have never heard so much positive promotion of our club from NRL HQ before and while he couldn't fulfil every goal he worked his butt off with the authorities to still have us involved.

Also loved the way he left the other football codes in his wake. When everyone was saying he was dreaming that the comp would resume this year he brought in the biosecurity experts and had it up and running with a zero tolerance stance on even the smallest of breaches which the other codes then followed.

He saved this club and he saved the NRL.
Very true. And at the same time he was keeping NSW racing going. He was the instigator of the Everest $10 million race. Great administration

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Torrwho Harris, landslide, like when mannering used to always win by default, played every game, never plays bad, RTS had some stinkers.

If it was attack only, Hiku is so good at that side of things.

Rookie Katoa, honestly how has it taken this long too find a standout union convert that isn't 5 ft 3

Most improved (from last season) Karl Lawton had a good year, and avoided getting injured for a change, Nikorima's good weeks came around more often
I would make Lawton my unsung hero of the year

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
POTY: Peta Hiku for being our only attacking threat in most games
Most Improved: Hayze and Quite Nice Jack
Loaner: Best Jennings
Rookie: Krakatoa
Best future prospect: Turner
Most likely to end up in prison in the off-season: Mad Jack
Coach of the year: Toddy and Iro
Biggest disappointment: not getting the Walker bros
Warrior of Warriors: Jazz
Best captain: Rog
Worst kicker: Blair
Best bullshit artist: Boy George
Worst hair: Robbo
Best hair and the real MVP in every game: Tohu

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Player of the Year: Harris, was great either in the middle or back on an edge. Really showed how much we missed him last year.

Rookie is a tough one as I think we were well served with Katoa and JTB. Katoa got a lot of tries which gets your attention. JTB played 19 games which is the bulk of the shortened season, and had to take on a lot with Afoa, LAM and Paasi not in the side.

Surprise would be Murchie. The start of the year he didn't seem like he offered much and was a bit of a penalty magnet. His form improved as did the entire sides. Gave us a threat on that side of the field.

A contender for the suprise would be Pompey. Given more game time he looked a lot more comfortable in first grade.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
POTY: Peta Hiku for being our only attacking threat in most games
Most Improved: Hayze and Quite Nice Jack
Loaner: Best Jennings
Rookie: Krakatoa
Best future prospect: Turner
Most likely to end up in prison in the off-season: Mad Jack
Coach of the year: Toddy and Iro
Biggest disappointment: not getting the Walker bros
Warrior of Warriors: Jazz
Best captain: Rog
Worst kicker: Blair
Best bullshit artist: Boy George
Worst hair: Robbo
Best jersey: The Bush Shirt/Tea Towel/Picnic Rug
Best Half-time entertainment: Brett Finch

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
RLPA “players champion” nominees have been announced (each club has four players nominated by their peers) and our four are...
Harris, rts, Hiku and.... Lawton.

Some other notables include incoming warriors afb for manly and Euan Aitken for the dragons and former warriors Sj for the sharks and sst for the roosters.

The winner will be announced grand final day.
Further to this... rts has now been confirmed as 1 of 5 finalists along with cleary, kearey, Papali’i and tedesco.

Reactions: Rizzah and Miket12

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings