Rumour Warriors Player Movements, Re-signings, And Rumour Mill: 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
has it occurred to anyone else (cos it has to me) that we are getting rid of players like packer /locke and maybe fish for some unhappy high profile player at another club that hasn't come out about their unhappyness yet? e.g hayne or even some one like james o connor who is a warriors fan. the fact that packer is on ( id say (200k) + locke (300k) and maybe fish ( 180k) = 500k or 680k (in fish) for a high profile player makes sense. id even buy sandow not for 500k but on the cheap if he gets hes head sorted is a very good player a spine of Tomkins Shaun Johnson sandow/hayne/james o connor and leuluai and chad town and Nathan in Vulcans playing well will keep competition high to help get maximum output from the players.
eek

Reactions: mt.wellington
I can't see slater moving to 6, seen storm games and his ball playing skills aren't at that quality, why move one of the best fullbacks in the world? that would erase all the combinations he has with cronk..

cant see it happening, ridiculous really,

I also doubt the storm would get a warrior of all people, they usually build around their big 3 but signing locke would throw everything out of whack
has it occurred to anyone else (cos it has to me) that we are getting rid of players like packer /locke and maybe fish for some unhappy high profile player at another club that hasn't come out about their unhappyness yet? e.g hayne or even some one like james o connor who is a warriors fan. the fact that packer is on ( id say (200k) + locke (300k) and maybe fish ( 180k) = 500k or 680k (in fish) for a high profile player makes sense. id even buy sandow not for 500k but on the cheap if he gets hes head sorted is a very good player a spine of Tomkins Shaun Johnson sandow/hayne/james o connor and leuluai and chad town and Nathan in Vulcans playing well will keep competition high to help get maximum output from the players.

The reason they are happy to let them go is because they would have the cap stretched close to the limit and will have to fight off some big upgrades coming next year.

Reactions: mt.wellington
It has occured to me but only based on two facts.

1) Elliot looked at his embarrassment of riches in the Salary cap and came up with two names. Sam Tomkins and Todd Carney. He's only signed the Lamborghini

2) The Ferrari is yet to be announced , Elliot said next year Sam Tomkins won't be the highest paid player at the club. Expert posters assure me that player won't be a Johnson Upgrade. Therefore We would have to announce an NRL Big Name Kangaroo to make that statement ring true.
My guess ?

Wouldn't have a bloody clue but it's a spine player.

Reactions: snake77 and NRLBY3
wouldn't mind sandow. I know he was crap this year but don't know how you could be spectacular in a team of chumps like the eels (I don't even think cam smith, cronk, JT could've helped them). I think he would go well here. when he was with the rabbits, his direction and kicking game were amazing. he tough little guy that has no fear. something I think we need in our spine. I know we already have TL but I think TL would be awesome for us at hooker where he seems to be a good talker, knows when to spot opportunities, alright kicking game, dominant tackles, crisp passes. sandow would control and create while Shaun Johnson carves his magic, beats players one on one and utilizes his big boot.[DOUBLEPOST=1381005290][/DOUBLEPOST]
Give yourself an uppercut for even suggesting that we consider Sandow!!
A rabbitohs Sandow yes, a eels sandow no

Reactions: NRLBY3

Inruin

Contributor
wouldn't mind sandow. I know he was crap this year but don't know how you could be spectacular in a team of chumps like the eels (I don't even think cam smith, cronk, JT could've helped them). I think he would go well here. when he was with the rabbits, his direction and kicking game were amazing. he tough little guy that has no fear. something I think we need in our spine. I know we already have TL but I think TL would be awesome for us at hooker where he seems to be a good talker, knows when to spot opportunities, alright kicking game, dominant tackles, crisp passes. sandow would control and create while Shaun Johnson carves his magic, beats players one on one and utilizes his big boot.[DOUBLEPOST=1381005290][/DOUBLEPOST]
A rabbitohs Sandow yes, a eels sandow no
Dear Lord. Sandow was inconsistent at best at the Rabbits and complete shit at the Eels. No side with Sandow in it will win anything. End of story.

all im saying is sandow on a cheap deal would be a good signing if he could get back to his best and sort his head out . look honestly how the hell could you play well in a team like the eels , not only is the whole team useless but he has no other good halves partner to play with therefore all of the pressure is on him to organise the team and kicking etc .look at the days wen he played for rabbits he had Sutton who helped his share the halves duties . if he came here he would gel in well with leuilei and Shaun Johnson and Stomkins and I could definitely see a premiership coming our way if the go good. Look els want to get rid of him ( due to over cap) and in my opinion hes worth the risk as when playing well very good player.[/quote]

Yeah I think I remember that game, he scored a intercept try early on and started saluting the crowd 30 metres out, did a shoulder charge that the guy bounced off and went another 20 metres and missed 15 tackles, but I think the bunnies only lost that one by 16 points. He was on fire that day, but at least the points spread was right for his bet.:joyful:

Status
Not open for further replies.