General Warriors On Twitter - Retardoland Strikes Back

Reaction score

WarriorBall

This gangster nonsense is kids stuff, it lacks a level of maturity but then that's the Warriors problem all over isn't it? we look like boys against men particularly when the heat comes on from the opposition.

Lack of maturity = Lack of resilience.

Reaction score
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Seriously, a silly little joke on Twitter between 20 year olds needs to be taken with some context. Had SJ taken exception, did the club publicly remark about the joke/tweet? No, so what's the problem?

The suckers have bought into the false PC propaganda mentality and live to cry foul instead of getting with real life.

Take it for what it is and make fun of it..
Nothing funny about it , Got suckered into that scene about twenty years ago , It's ugly
an am glad I got to leave it behind , At the time I thought it was OK .But seeing the after effects
an people's lives destroyed , Is heart breaking ,An i still feel guilty
As for getting a life I've got one an it's not to bad , I'm not a millionaire
an have to keep working an my league team sucks arse every season
apart from those two things it's not to bad an realitivly busy ,
But I don't have to worry about home invasions , Or someone
dissing my colors ,
My point is its not harmless an shouldn't be made light of , If you
ever have the bad fortune or in my case the stupidity to get involved
an I don't mean listening to stories over cones an coffee ,But actually
go out an do it , You will see , There is always a victim ,
any way I hope you an yours are well , mine are an as long as I have breath
they will remain so, J

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Hello!

Most of these blokes are children in Men's bodies....they need to grow up on the inside not just the outside.
They need to drink a cup of concrete an harden up alright..

Reaction score
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
hmmm this is getting hard. so we need to make sure players aren't showing the bad gang signs but the good gang signs are ok.
hmmm this is getting hard. so we need to make sure players aren't showing the bad gang signs acting like fucking idiots who struggle to coordinate between inhaling and exhaling but the good gang signs are ok are actually capable of behaving and playing like grown men, with grown men responsibilities and attitudes .

Fixed those typos for you bro.

This whole thing is relatively minor - a dickhead's attempt to be funny, nothing more sinister - but it does point to that old chestnut of club culture. And I tell you what, I'm fucking sick of this club as it stands.

The odd good game, the occasional flash of playing to our potential getting our hopes up before see things get screwed up by nothing more than players without the ability to think while they're playing. If they can't think before putting something on social media, then how can we expect them to think clearly in the 75th minute of a hard match?

No shit, the Warriors are turning me off the sport altogether - I've actually started watching, and enjoying, rugby union. I can only hope that SK has a plan and is able to work to towards getting the kind of squad together that can represent the club with legitimate pride and honour. At the moment, a few exceptions aside, we've got nothing but fucking fluff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
hmmm this is getting hard. so we need to make sure players aren't showing the bad gang signs acting like fucking idiots who struggle to coordinate between inhaling and exhaling but the good gang signs are ok are actually capable of behaving and playing like grown men, with grown men responsibilities and attitudes .

Fixed those typos for you bro.

This whole thing is relatively minor - a dickhead's attempt to be funny, nothing more sinister - but it does point to that old chestnut of club culture. And I tell you what, I'm fucking sick of this club as it stands.

The odd good game, the occasional flash of playing to our potential getting our hopes up before see things get screwed up by nothing more than players without the ability to think while they're playing. If they can't think before putting something on social media, then how can we expect them to think clearly in the 75th minute of a hard match?

No shit, the Warriors are turning me off the sport altogether - I've actually started watching, and enjoying, rugby union. I can only hope that SK has a plan and is able to work to towards getting the kind of squad together that can represent the club with legitimate pride and honour. At the moment, a few exceptions aside, we've got nothing but fucking fluff.
Thinking for yourself is a learned skill. And it requires a degree of punishment from parents whenever a child fails to think about what they're doing correctly.

If a guy gets all the way to 20 and can't do it, then it's a tough road to get himself up to scratch.

Kearney needs to train these children how to use the grey matter...

They'll hate it of course. They'll get headaches at first,,,,, but after a while they'll harden up mentally and a lot of our on field problems will go away.

Or else this:

Last edited:
Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Look guys, its simple. You dont change culture for the better by allowing dickheads to be dickheads.

You either get rid of the dickhead or you warn him. Two years on and nothing has changed means you use the dickhead as an example.

And don't necessarily mean cut or fine him but at least have a team session about culture, reputation, standards. All that shit SK preached out pre season and ask the boys if gangster paradise fits the culture we are trying to promote?

Get your shit together SK. Or as usual. Do nothing.

Slow news week given its a bye but there should be something better we can chat about.

Lets get back to the sack em all thread?!!!

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Look guys, its simple. You dont change culture for the better by allowing dickheads to be dickheads.
All Blacks' mental skills coach Gilbert Enoka on the 'no dickheads' policy: “Often teams put up with a big ego because a player has so much talent...but our motto is, if you can’t change the people, change the people.”

Also...was it a Kiwi basketball coach working in the US who said you cannot have any more than one and a half dickheads in a team?

On that basis the Warriors are allowed one and a half dickheads. Lisone means they cannot afford any others, so IMO on that alone he isn't worth keeping. The Sharks can keep Fifita, he might be worth it.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
All Blacks' mental skills coach Gilbert Enoka on the 'no dickheads' policy: “Often teams put up with a big ego because a player has so much talent...but our motto is, if you can’t change the people, change the people.”

Also...was it a Kiwi basketball coach working in the US who said you cannot have any more than one and a half dickheads in a team?

On that basis the Warriors are allowed one and a half dickheads. Lisone means they cannot afford any others, so IMO on that alone he isn't worth keeping. The Sharks can keep Fifita, he might be worth it.
Don't think the same applies to regional teams. You can apply that to the All Black (Zac Guilford) or Kiwis (Benji Marshall) but comps with 16 teams that need some 500 players to fill the roster are always gonna have your Andrew Fifita's, Mitchell Pearce's, Russell Packer's or give complete idiots like Todd Carney a million chances. Whats the bet we see Carney back in the NRL or even that total tool Matt Lodge? Wife beaters are more than welcome in case you haven't noticed.

There's a talent vs twat ratio that applies to the likes Andrew Fifita, Greg Inglis, Mitchell Pearce etc. Andrew Fifita passes. David Fifita doesn't.

End of the day this whole Sam Lisone thing is a storm in a teacup. An over-reaction from prissy fans bored during the bye.

Is he snorting cocaine, shitting in the hallway of a hotel, snapchatting a blow job, glassing his missus, dry humping a dog, fixing a game or backing a coward punching murderer?

No.

Does any of what he has done affected your sorry lives?

No.

Live your lives guys...

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Don't think the same applies to regional teams. You can apply that to the All Black (Zac Guilford) or Kiwis (Benji Marshall) but comps with 16 teams that need some 500 players to fill the roster are always gonna have your Andrew Fifita's, Mitchell Pearce's, Russell Packer's or give complete idiots like Todd Carney a million chances. Whats the bet we see Carney back in the NRL or even that total tool Matt Lodge? Wife beaters are more than welcome in case you haven't noticed.

There's a talent vs twat ratio that applies to the likes Andrew Fifita, Greg Inglis, Mitchell Pearce etc. Andrew Fifita passes. David Fifita doesn't.

End of the day this whole Sam Lisone thing is a storm in a teacup. An over-reaction from prissy fans bored during the bye.

Is he snorting cocaine, shitting in the hallway of a hotel, snapchatting a blow job, glassing his missus, dry humping a dog, fixing a game or backing a coward punching murderer?

No.

No.

Live your lives guys...
He was just being racist.

Nothing to see here.

Keep it moving.

I guess it's OK when it's Islanders doing it to Asians?

Last edited:
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score

While you are on your high horse Welly.

No he didn't do any of those things and back in my day there was no Twitter to record some of the things that top Kiwi players got up to e.g wild brawls at after match functions (for starters), so what is my beef with this?

The endless portrayal on media of the Warriors as some sort of super humans, it is bad enough that they are not playing like super humans, but it is worse when players go on social media and act plain dumb.

My hope is that if JD is going to continue with that superhuman portrayal then at least he does something about decent training about how to handle social media. If he cannot then just forget the superhuman stuff. By training I don't mean the odd lecture, I mean TRAINING so the message gets through about where their money comes from and the expectations it creates.

I for one would then just ignore the boys will be boys nonsense.

Also my quote about the one and a half dickheads per team was from a top coach. This club apparently has a "bro" culture issue which has prevented at least one decent coach (Cappy) from doing his job. The are "bros" in the NFL too but are probably limited to one and a half per team, so my guess is that that the Warriors are exceeding the limit.

You correctly mention the grub from Maitland who smashed a glass in his girlfriends face; but why was he never selected for the Knights? I reckon it might be because his undoubted talent wasn't matched by his dickhead rating so he had to spend his time with down and out clubs who were more desperate.

If the earlier post about graffiti in the Warriors gym is true than this club has a real problem for SK to sort.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
All the club need do is nip this thing in the bud in the right way. Talk to Sam, keep it low key, no lectures, get one of the people he respects to make a couple of pointed comments.

Rather than crackdown and blow it all out of proportion......remembering the tweets have an element of humor to them.

No.

No.

Live your lives guys...
Yeah could be much worse no doubt.

I'm not anti Lisone.

I really don't like Gangs, but I can see there is a difference between Youth Romanticising hood culture ( he is a young man from the hood if I read it right) and an actual hardened Criminal.

Some of the examples you pointed out across the NRL are bloody ariminal for real.

Sport is often held up as a tool to save our kids from Crime / getting into trouble......you can look at that two ways in this case.

You could say Lisone is setting a bad example and undoing the buffer that a Warriors career should provide a formerly troubled youth....by bringing that gang shit and polluting professional environment.

Or you can try to understand a young man who lives in the real world, has a past, has done well to be where he is and not in jail, has a dream, a great dream....and he really didn't mean any harm here...the tweet was to his friend for a laugh.

Last edited:
Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
The irony is Bam Libone would do a lot better if he had the mental fortitude and resilience that some of those Chinese kids have whom he is making fun of.
Shuan Johnson would also do better if he had the mental fortitude and resilience like some of those chinese kids have who he is suppose to be.

I guess he got the wrong half ;)

Top Bottom