General Warriors On Twitter - Retardoland Strikes Back

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Logically, no amount of joke announcements could de-rail Tomkins coming at this point, too much money to change hands, too many hours invested in negotiations, but the club should use the threat of it as a big stick to whack them with.
Im sure the same was thought when Wayne Bennett to Sydney Roosters was leaked out. Assume nothing.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Logically, no amount of joke announcements could de-rail Tomkins coming at this point, too much money to change hands, but the club should use it as a big stick to whack them with
You'd think that , but then Tomkins might be wondering what sort of outfit this is. His team mates have stayed silent.

When you're about to go half way around the world and start a new adventure , at some point gut instinct kicks in and you rely on reading the signs about whether option a is as good as option B.

All Tompkins has to do is get his agent to phone the Titans / Panthers who would come pretty close if Wigan are prepared to take a pay cut on the Transfer Fee for the sake of the player returning to them afterward.....the negotiations are pretty close but nothings certain....maybe I'm just getting nervous after all of our other failures at the big signings.

Reactions: snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
The someone had my phone excuse, jesus. Who had Gubb's phone then?

If I was Scurrah I'd make a real example of them, they aren't first team selections, and this is the ideal oppurtunity to take a strong position for thinking before tweeting, so the rest of them get it.

As we are sponsored by a mobile phone company the phones are most likely provided by vodafone. The clubs would text out training times etc out to the players etc and you'd hope they would also have club email addresses. The easy fix for this is the club put out a policy that their phones need to be locked after x amount of time and need pin code x digits long to unlock.

If they have invested in IT like was mentioned in the big press conference last year this could easily be forced upon them. The someone had my phone excuse would mean you were stupid enough to give out your pin code.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
If Gubb was just a hapless victim who believed Lousi I suppose he's innocent but if he's in on it blood then should be spilt!
You just need to go back through some of Gubbs previous tweets to recognise that he has a lot of growing up to do.. Kinda reminds me of a class clown being egged on by his mates to do dumb stuff. He does it before engaging his brain and then attempts to remove it.

Thing with twitter is... You can remove it fine, but it only has to be there for a second for someone to grab a screen shot of it and its there for ever!!

As a club, I'd be more pissed off where this has happened. At a luncheon to recognise 2 of the clubs long serving legends. All people are talking about is their immature prank taking all the gloss off what I imagine for others there was a fantastic event!!

Reactions: Eva and KPWarrior

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
As we are sponsored by a mobile phone company the phones are most likely provided by vodafone. The clubs would text out training times etc out to the players etc and you'd hope they would also have club email addresses. The easy fix for this is the club put out a policy that their phones need to be locked after x amount of time and need pin code x digits long to unlock.

If they have invested in IT like was mentioned in the big press conference last year this could easily be forced upon them. The someone had my phone excuse would mean you were stupid enough to give out your pin code.
Yes they are provided iPhones i believe from Vodafone. At what point do we begin to treat them as adults though? They should know what is acceptable and what is not. You only need to look back over the past 2 years to see how much drama has begun on social media platforms by the players. These guys should know better. They are both repeat offenders.

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 22, 2012
The edge of insanity
These guys are showing no respect for the sponser or the club. Right up there with Vodka Cruisers on the roof. Can their arses & send a message. These men are not kids and although not very bright, are shifty enough to know exactly what they are up to. No more excuses, Social media training not required. Just tell them they have nothing to offer -Goodbye.

Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
These guys are showing no respect for the sponser or the club. Right up there with Vodka Cruisers on the roof. Can their arses & send a message. These men are not kids and although not very bright, are shifty enough to know exactly what they are up to. No more excuses, Social media training not required. Just tell them they have nothing to offer -Goodbye.
I don't like the idea of these people being anywhere near a team sports set up. The rivalry stuff works well in individual sports , it never works when it's turned on your own team mates / club
Anyone coming to the Warriors will have to contend with this girls school behavior , young up and comers look up to these people...and / or will invariably find they hate their team mates because they are essentially dicks.

If Tomkins signs none of those people named would deserve to clean his boots.

Get rid of these fookers before the young poms have to put up with their shit

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
I don't like the idea of these people being anywhere near a team sports set up. The rivalry stuff works well in individual sports , it never works when it's turned on your own team mates / club
Anyone coming to the Warriors will have to contend with this girls school behavior , young up and comers look up to these people...and / or will invariably find they hate their team mates because they are essentially dicks.

If Tomkins signs none of those people named would deserve to clean his boots.

Get rid of these fookers before the young poms have to put up with their shit
all it takes is one or two poor attitudes from players and it becomes a snowball effect. happened in our work place recently. management refused to put up with it and cleaned house. in saying that our team environment at work is much better and more productive

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Yes they are provided iPhones i believe from Vodafone. At what point do we begin to treat them as adults though? They should know what is acceptable and what is not. You only need to look back over the past 2 years to see how much drama has begun on social media platforms by the players. These guys should know better. They are both repeat offenders.

Agreed.

Agree they need to be treated like adults.

What I've outlined is normal practice in most companies as a security measure to protect the companies property (e.g. in case the phone is stolen, access to data).

You will never stop this as it still depends on the individual not giving his phone to his colleague. Which you might do to show them an App you've downloaded etc. And the individuals need to show some responsibility but something needs to be done to limit this; look in the case of Gubb this is the second time in the matter of a few weeks.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
Wtf is the prob. Fines sort this mess out. Same with dangerous tackles, off field indiscretions. Fine, fine, fine. Its the only thing some idiots understand. I guarantee Gubb wouldn't post rubbish if it cost him $1000 ever time.

HornbyBrown

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2012
They need to come down hard on these guys. I'm sick of how stupid these guys are.

Another thing that i don't like his the damn hoodies we where when other teams are in a suit. It doesn't look professional.

Reactions: NRLBY3 and Sup42

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 22, 2012
The edge of insanity
They need to come down hard on these guys. I'm sick of how stupid these guys are.

Another thing that i don't like his the damn hoodies we where when other teams are in a suit. It doesn't look professional.
Don't think a hoodie is going to get them into Dubai. No pride in the dress code = no pride

SomehowStillKeepingFaith

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 15, 2013
Tauranga
Gubb is telling me through messages that the part about the Tomkins NZ Warriors jersey selling for 1250 was infact true.

...and not liking the fact that im calling them vulcans players...
Maybe we should have a schoolgirls team for dickheads like these guys who act like 12 year old girls. God I get sick of overpaid immature f%#kwits.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Yip so the jersey was in fact true... which prolly means an announcement is imminent

But now the older brother at it again on twitter.....Dumbass just doesn't learn!!!

@LowCeee: @NZWarriorsFans @RLW_Mole @NZWarriors @samtomkins1 @charliegubb @SamLousi behind a screen for a reason #MUD

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
@charliegubb: Sorry tweeps "it was my cousins fault" But thanks for the peeps that had our back. Dont think we have to face the fireing squad anymore.
Confirms they are mentally little kids.

In the good old days players spoke to reporters who in turn televised their cliche burble , thus leaving some room for the possibility of intelligent life forms.

Actually they are a fking embarrassment

Little girls talk Peeps and backs in public lol

Reactions: snake77