General Warriors Nyc Vs Bulldogs Nyc

Well, its quite obvious what the game plan for the GF needs to be. Vete, Taylor and Havili MUST play 80 minutes. With those 3 on the field we scored 54 points and held them scoreless, with them off the field we scored nothing and allowed 38 points.

Congrats Juniors. Far from an 80 minute performance but hey, it's u/20s you'll get that. I know to a lot of people making or even winning a Toyota cup final doesn't mean a hell of a lot, and sure, developing these guys into quality first graders should always be the priority, but I still rate it as a solid enough achievement if they win it. No doubting we've probably been the dominant club over the years in the Toyota cup even if it hasn't really led to a consistent or successful transition to first grade footy for many of these kids, but hopefully will see an improvement in this now especially with ME's philosophy of making reserve grade for these kids the priority. The benefits of playing at a higher intensity for the likes of Bhana, Havili and co was plain to see.

Go hard next week boys. Nice to see one Warriors side at the big show at least.

When I watched yesterday I thought the arrogance/lack of respect of the dogs captain towards the refs was incredible, watching the replay today I was thinking the Warriors aren't the only ones with some young "stars" that need a good old fashion arse kicking to learn a little respect. Moses what ever his name is looks like a bloke that thinks his shit don't stink.

When I watched yesterday I thought the arrogance/lack of respect of the dogs captain towards the refs was incredible, watching the replay today I was thinking the Warriors aren't the only ones with some young "stars" that need a good old fashion arse kicking to learn a little respect. Moses what ever his name is looks like a bloke that thinks his shit don't stink.
You're right. Moses ...something... was an arrogant little shit towards the ref. "Moses, come here, Moses, Moses, Moses come here... Look at me, Moses...Moses".

Reminds me a little bit of their first grade captain. Ennis has never showed any respect for the refs. It must be a Bulldogs technique.

Bhana seemed very timid in comparison. I wondered at one part how the other junior Warriors feel about Bhana. After the Dogs had the successful captains challenge in the first half you could hear one of them say "Hey Bhana, why don't you challenge the review?" It sounded kinda smart arse to me.

Well, its quite obvious what the game plan for the GF needs to be. Vete, Taylor and Havili MUST play 80 minutes. With those 3 on the field we scored 54 points and held them scoreless, with them off the field we scored nothing and allowed 38 points.

Hey Nigmah,
Take away two of those names - they Need Havili to play as many minutes as possible.
They have spent the whole year - playing Sio at Hooker.

He got POY ....but nothing beats a genuine hooker.

Vete and Taylor are both quality....however I rate Lisone the same if not better than Taylor and potentially better than Vete.
It;s just sucks for him that they lose so much without Havili on the field.

Taylor had a whale of a game regardless.[DOUBLEPOST=1380350560][/DOUBLEPOST]

Moses Mbye he is a quality smart footballer ...a little bit of arrogance/assertion is good imo[DOUBLEPOST=1380350812][/DOUBLEPOST]
Watching 2nd half now. Still on cloud 9. That Taylor is a beast!!!

He had a wicked game...like I said in previous post.
Both him and Vete have a good combo and had the benefit of having havili with them.
Both just need to maintain their mobility.

Sam Lisone I reckon could be the next Slammin Sam - he has the right amount of size and punch.

Also - I thought Raymond Faitala has improved immensley since his time in Vulcans.
I watched one of his first vulcans games - he was the one that was over awed at first.

Fusitua - has some great touches however he still needs to harden up - doesnt put his body on the line

Vili Lolohea - has some brain snaps in him but should pick up a 2nd tier some where. Dont know if he will surpass Fusitua who is a year younger though.

Last edited:
Reactions: mt.wellington
Hey Nigmah,
Take away two of those names - they Need Havili to play as many minutes as possible.

Vete and Taylor are both quality....however I rate Lisone the same if not better than Taylor and potentially better than Vete.

Taylor had a whale of a game regardless.
You could be right, but I thought Vete and Taylor were outstanding. No doubt Havili is exceptional, as well. I love the speed and aggression of Taylor's runs, and Vete just keeps going. Havili just seems to step and dart them into submission before he barges through them.

Reactions: surfin
Hey Nigmah,

Taylor had a whale of a game regardless.[DOUBLEPOST=1380350560][/DOUBLEPOST]

Moses Mbye he is a quality smart footballer ...a little bit of arrogance/assertion is good imo[DOUBLEPOST=1380350812][/DOUBLEPOST]

He had a wicked game...like I said in previous post.
Both him and Vete have a good combo and had the benefit of having havili with them.
Both just need to maintain their mobility.

Sam Lisone I reckon could be the next Slammin Sam - he has the right amount of size and punch.

Also - I thought Raymond Faitala has improved immensley since his time in Vulcans.
I watched one of his first vulcans games - he was the one that was over awed at first.

Fusitua - has some great touches however he still needs to harden up - doesnt put his body on the line

Vili Lolohea - has some brain snaps in him but should pick up a 2nd tier some where. Dont know if he will surpass Fusitua who is a year younger though.

Being assertive is one thing, being disrespectful is very different, the ref spoke to him properly, he choose to ignore him when called over and when he finally found time to go he spoke over the top of him. If he's like that to the officials during the game I have no doubt he shows the same lack of respect to mere mortals outside the game. Quality or not he isn't Darren Lockyer yet and may never ever be so may be he should pull his head out of his own arse. After all going a a very large number of posts here many fans are sick of these over blown "superstar" egos.[DOUBLEPOST=1380352246][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could be right, but I thought Vete and Taylor were outstanding. No doubt Havili is exceptional, as well. I love the speed and aggression of Taylor's runs, and Vete just keeps going. Havili just seems to step and dart them into submission before he barges through them.

Taylor is a crack up when he runs, probably needs to play on a down hill field, heaps of power but looks like he needs some gravity to help get him up to his top speed.

Reactions: Miket12
Being assertive is one thing, being disrespectful is very different, the ref spoke to him properly, he choose to ignore him when called over and when he finally found time to go he spoke over the top of him. If he's like that to the officials during the game I have no doubt he shows the same lack of respect to mere mortals outside the game. Quality or not he isn't Darren Lockyer yet and may never ever be so may be he should pull his head out of his own arse. After all going a a very large number of posts here many fans are sick of these over blown "superstar" egos.

I dont give a crap what some people are crying about...
Over reading and analysing things.

I have seen interviews of the bloke and seems to be very level headed.

Reactions: Boats n Hoes
I dont give a crap what some people are crying about...
Over reading and analysing things.

I have seen interviews of the bloke and seems to be very level headed.

Sorry, I didn't realise you had seen interviews. Of course answering questions in an interview is the most accurate way of getting to know the real person, and not the way they behave when they often forget they have a camera and effects mike picking up what they say and do. I'd also like to apologise for everyone that over analyzes.

Reactions: ¿N. ig-mah¿