General warriors nyc 2010

jb1979_old

does anyone know what has happend to the great players of the nyc 2010 premiership who should never have been let go

nafe selunin - still at penrith ???

mark ioane - last i saw playing nsw cup for canberra's team mounties ??

elijah niko ???

charlie gubb ???

Likiliki - newcastle nsw cup ??

Hazman_old

Elijah Niko is playing in the QLD Cup. Contracted to the North Queensland Cowboys.

Beeteejay_old

does anyone know what has happend to the great players of the nyc 2010 premiership who should never have been let go

elijah niko ???

charlie gubb ???

Yeah, Seluni played for Penrith last week.

Ioane is in the Canberra squad, and has been playing for the Mounties.

Gubb is playing Qld Cup for Wynnum Manly.

Likiliki still in the Newcastle squad, playing NSW Cup.

numbnutsnz_old

elijah niko ???

charlie gubb ???

You have done this "we should never have let them go' spiel before. We cant keep everyone, some had to be let go. End of.

facefacts_old

Away proving that being good in the 20's, doesn't mean you are first grade material.

numbnutsnz_old

Away proving that being good in the 20's, doesn't mean you are first grade material.

Great call. I would say more of the juniors we have kept have cracked the warriors first grade compared to ones that we let go getting to first grade at their new clubs.

bigstuboy_old

elijah niko ???

charlie gubb ???

i think three of these guys deserved some sort of contract to prove themselves in the vulcans first then nrl. how good would the vulcans be if we had likiliki,seluini,gubb and ioane . likiliki and hurrell would be a formidable centre pairing. nafe and godinet playing together with fish running off them omg that would be insane. gubb and ioane in the forwards would give them great impact .

blain91_old

i think three of these guys deserved some sort of contract to prove themselves in the vulcans first then nrl. how good would the vulcans be if we had likiliki,seluini,gubb and ioane . likiliki and hurrell would be a formidable centre pairing. nafe and godinet playing together with fish running off them omg that would be insane. gubb and ioane in the forwards would give them great impact .

Lol, you serious? Sign players to play in the Vulcans? Thats not a smart way to use our salary cap.

Gubb was so over rated.. None of these guys are playing NRL, what makes you think we should have kept them? The club has made good decisions regarding retention of juniors imo, the only one I wouldnt mind to reverse is Nafe instead of Mara, but he has been injured alot.

bigstuboy_old

how else are you supposed to build and improve these players by not having them stay in your system. these guys are all young and have grown up playing together don't you think it would be key to have players who already have great combinations with each other before they get to the nrl level. just look at brisbane and all there young players who have grown up playing together.

sup42_old

Sure not all performers at NY will make first grade, but some of them will reappear down the track ...In a new Environment some of the cast offs will re surface if they are teachable and have want it bad enough. SKD didn't even get a look in here

blain91_old

I know what you're saying Bigstuboy, but that's not how it works. Players aren't going to stick around to try and all crack the Vulcans, these guys go where there are more chances to crack the top level, and where someone is offering more money. The Warriors can only do so much within their Salary cap, and the Vulcans for that matter.

Defence_old

The only one I wouldve kept was likiliki- he will come good and if penehe can make the top squad......

Maori_Souljah12_old

Keeping players.

Nafe Seluini: They signed Ivan Penehe or is still playing Vulcans and lost them the GF last year. Seluini has played more top grade games that Penehe. Go figure.

Mark Ioane: No loss here.

Elijah Niko: We need an outside back but this bloke isn't the one ever!

Charlie Gubb: Not as bad as everyone tells you but probably lacks the engine needed for a forward in the NRL.

Siutonga Liki Liki: A real big loss. This bloke should of been signed from day one.

bigstuboy_old

Nafe Seluini: They signed Ivan Penehe or is still playing Vulcans and lost them the GF last year. Seluini has played more top grade games that Penehe. Go figure.

Mark Ioane: No loss here.

Elijah Niko: We need an outside back but this bloke isn't the one ever!

Charlie Gubb: Not as bad as everyone tells you but probably lacks the engine needed for a forward in the NRL.

Siutonga Liki Liki: A real big loss. This bloke should of been signed from day one.

Mark ioane is a big loss he even proved it up against the vulcans the other weekend he smashed them up the middle every carry he did he was making big meters and he played about 75mins not bad for a prop. nafe got alot more time last season due to the arrival of ivan who never wanted nafe over here and plus kevin kingston has been playing real well.

Gubb needed more time to develope for a guy his size he really puts some hurt on players.

likiliki has really been unlucky ivan would never play him over here even when ropati was having a shocking year. he played against the kiwis and never looked out of place. he then got selected for the knights who haven't used him much due to the fact they had plenty of centers . he was injured for the most part of last season. and this year his nsw cup side is playing really good footy.