Weight99kg
PositionFullback, Winger
Warriors Player Number#203
Warriors DebutRound 1 vs. Wests Tigers, 05 March 2016
Warriors Career2016-2021, 2024-
RepresentativeNew Zealand
Junior ClubOtahuhu Leopards
Previous ClubSydney Roosters
NRL DebutRound 21 vs. Gold Coast Titans, 27 July 2012 (Sydney Roosters)

Does anyone have concerns about RTS adapting to centre? Has he ever played any league games in that position? He is going to need to make more tackles per game than he ever has. Does he play left or right centre? Will his older body handle the extra load?
I think he's capable but it will take plenty of work. As good as his defence is at FB he can fall off a tackle and positioning will take time.

3 ways I see it going:
-he dedicates himself like we know he can and cracks centre
-takes the left wing spot from Marcelo
-pushes CNK to centre and plays fb

I think he's capable but it will take plenty of work. As good as his defence is at FB he can fall off a tackle and positioning will take time.

3 ways I see it going:
-he dedicates himself like we know he can and cracks centre
-takes the left wing spot from Marcelo
-pushes CNK to centre and plays fb
Yeah, there is no doubting his work ethic and professionalism. And you definitely want him in the team somewhere. Just a little nervous with people getting hyped up without him even playing a game at centre for us.

I just don't see him on the left for some reason. Always seemed to look more comfy on the right to me. How stacked would that right edge be - SJ, Niukore, RTS, DWZ

I don’t know if he can flick pass to DWZ, has he learnt passing with the Blues? maybe Berry DWZ on the left and Roger/Monty on the right 😂

Not concerned with his tackling after 2 years under Leon MacDonald btw

Defense will be the main thing he will need to work on. His workload will increase and the opposition will want to test him out.

If he plays left centre and it works out it will help us out immensely. Most of our plays go to the right. Going towards Johnson is obvious it is also probably more comfortable for CNK so something he may need to work on during the off season.

He has mentioned leading the kick chase. Webster has said he doesn't mind kicking to the right as Berry and DWZ lead the kick chase and help start our defensive sets. We missed that last week with Martin kicking down the left. Imagine next year, whoever is partnering Johnson kicks a bit more often and we have RTS and Montoya chasing down the left hand side similar Berry and DWZ.

I know he was in a bit of a roaming position at this stage, but at 0:44 he gets the ball in somewhat of a centres position and stands up the opposition centre.

I'm envisioning him being able to replicate this with a full off season of centre training

How good were Nico and Walsh, Garner never got that first try down though. Memories of those RTS moments on the right edge in that game gave me hope when I heard he'd resigned as a centre.

Happy he confirmed he was being signed at left center.

People wanting him on the right to stack the right is like wanting David Tua to have more left hook.

To win this competition you need strike across the width of the park.

If you give your stand off rubbish to link with your stand off will be rubbish.

Back