General Warriors Name Strong Side for Cowboys Trial

warriors4life_old

From rugbyleaguenz.com

The New Zealand Warriors yesterday named virtually their top lineup for the pre-season match against National Rugby League rivals North Queensland in Cairns tonight.

Skipper Steve Price and vice-captain Ruben Wiki, who sat out the defeat in the trial against Canberra last weekend, are the starting props against the Cowboys.

The one notable absentee is fullback Brent Webb, who has a groin injury. As against the Raiders, centre Tony Martin will deputise for Webb at the back.

The fixture against North Queensland, last year's beaten grand finalists, will be played over four 20-minute quarters.

The Warriors complete their pre-season programme with a match against the Bulldogs on the Gold Coast next weekend.

New Zealand Warriors: Tony Martin, Todd Byrne, Jerome Ropati, Clinton Toopi, Manu Vatuvei, Sione Faumuina, Nathan Fien, Ruben Wiki, Lance Hohaia, Steve Price (captain), Awen Guttenbeil, Wairangi Koopu, Louis Anderson. Interchange: Cooper Vuna, Micheal (Micheal) Luck, Grant Rovelli, Epalahame Lauaki, Sam Rapira, George Tuakura, Evarn Tuimavave, Patrick Ah Van.

warriors4life_old

good side but i thought that rovelli would get a start at five/eighth and some more young guys in the starting line up

Wiki_old

It looks like Sione is ok now which is good because if he is to play there then he needs practice.

Would have been nice for the young guys to get out there but maybe they will all get an equal amount of time ...I don't know.

Looks good :)

jaws_old

I can report the team is well settled and partaking of a hearty breakfast round the pool as I type. I will be taking them behind closed doors shortly for a pep talk and final tactics 'brain storming session'. Obviously the most pressing issue it what bar to hit post game.

Wiki_old

Is anyone going to be posting updates of the game as it happens?

:p

Or is it on live scoring anywhere?

Skinny_Ravs82

warriors4life said:
good side but i thought that rovelli would get a start at five/eighth and some more young guys in the starting line up

So did I. **humph** well for the sakes they'd better do well and not mess up again. Ain't impressed that a certain some one is still there but if he proves me wrong then it's all good (for the time being)