General Warriors MVP So Far This Season

Who so far is the Warriors MVP?

• Total voters

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Just before kick off last night Brandy said that Issac Luke with the form he is in is probably our most important player even above that of SJ.

It posed an interesting question to me.....we won last night without RTS and SJ who are definitely in the convo for team MVP but Luke put in another MOM performance to lead us to the win. This is definitely 2014 Luke reincarnated and long may it continue.

My question is who do you think the team MVP so far this season has been? Seeing as we have been far more successful this season so far than recent ones its a more interesting question in my opinion.

I'm gonna agree with Brandy and go with Luke but it's so close with SJ, RTS among others. What's your guys view?

YeahNah 4020

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 6, 2017
Just before kick off last night Brandy said that Issac Luke with the form he is in is probably our most important player even above that of SJ.

It posed an interesting question to me.....we won last night without RTS and SJ who are definitely in the convo for team MVP but Luke put in another MOM performance to lead us to the win. This is definitely 2014 Luke reincarnated and long may it continue.

My question is who do you think the team MVP so far this season has been? Seeing as we have been far more successful this season so far than recent ones its a more interesting question in my opinion.

I'm gonna agree with Brandy and go with Luke but it's so close with SJ, RTS among others. What's your guys view?

That be a tricky one to answer straight

Each of the main contenders brings a different card from the deck

SJ game breaker and gives hope
Green running the ship and brings calm
Luke inspirational and tough
RTS spirit and confidence

Now comes the maths game:

Take out SJ we can still win
Take out RTS we did just win
Take out Luke we in trouble
Take out Green it’s gunna hurt

On a balance of probs I say Green or Luke as we are not the same when MIA but with Lawton kinda there then I say the winner be Dr Green thumb

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I went with Bully

In the kind of form he's in at the moment he's not only in contention for Warriors MVP but arguably also the best hooker in the entire comp

The only other one of those available options you could say that about is my second pick Fusitua, but Luke is far more important to the overall composition of our team IMO

Honorable Mention to Green he's definitely brings many qualities to our club that we have previously been lacking both on & off the field

My only minor gripe with him is that he is becoming somewhat predictable in his play cos he offers almost nothing as a running threat himself & he also has a tendency to rush out of the defensive line when he doesn't really have to, which in turn puts our edge defense under all kinds of extra pressure

Secondary Honorable Mentions to RTS, SJ, Harris & Blair, the former two have definitely upped their games from last season & the latter two are similar to Green in what they bring to the team both on & off the field

Apologies to Mannering, still have lots of love for the man & he's definitely a club legend but IMO his on field influence this season is not quite up there with those others ... yet

As for the others I'd have to go with Afoa & Paasi, without those two leading the charge our go forward would be heavily reduced

Last edited:

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
My only minor gripe with him is that he is becoming somewhat predictable in his play cos he offers almost nothing as a running threat himself
I think Greens predictability would be a problem in any other team.

But with the Warriors being so unpredictable having him as the cornerstone works for us imo.

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Like I said jonno jonno it's only a minor gripe & overall I agree with you

But I still think Green needs at least one or preferably both RTS & SJ around him to offer that unpredictable running threat that he does not

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
Toss up between Luke & Harris. Luke is in great form & can't deny we are a better side with him firing & it all starts with him. But picked Tohu because when he's not on the field we lose structure & defense. RTS said they missed his calmness & presence in the Roosters loss & while we may still have lost it may not have been a routing. What he brings is not measured against the more visually obvious in a side.
That said, it's hard to single out one player when others are up there in their respective positions etc.

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
Toss up between Luke & Harris. Luke is in great form & can't deny we are a better side with him firing & it all starts with him. But picked Tohu because when he's not on the field we lose structure & defense. RTS said they missed his calmness & presence in the Roosters loss & while we may still have lost it may not have been a routing. What he brings is not measured against the more visually obvious in a side.
That said, it's hard to single out one player when others are up there in their respective positions etc.
Jeez meant Storm game...have had a couple lol

• Haha
Reactions: Big_Fattz

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
Fuck me, how good is it to even have this thread let alone to actually be able to have a list of names to discuss. Especially when the last few years the only name to make it would have been Mannering's, this year he only makes it as a mention as not quite being there.
There is no doubt it's the sum of all parts but at a push I'm going to have to say Bully, based simply on his force of will, playing busted and the Yeah Boi at the end of the Raiders game.

TripleL

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2016
Has to be Green, he's running the show. Take him out and we are back to looking lost.
Well we know that without Luke we look lost. Greens been great and not trying to minimise his performance but I think his performance had been a bit over rated. We’ve been starved solid, consistent halves play that him holding it together especially in Johnson’s absence has us bit overexcited.
It’s Luke for me.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Not a player, but it's obviously Alex Corvo for mine. To a lesser extent, the entire admin and coaching staff.

Yes, the new players have come in and made a HUGE difference, but it's the increased fitness and discipline that Corvo has instilled in the team that has us firing. Year in, year out we're seen new guys come in and get poisoned by the clubs lazy culture. Not this year - between the attitudes of the new guys and Corvo's work, the existing players have been infected by something new ... desire and fitness. I don't think Corvo takes effect without the new guys, but equally, without Corvo we could have seen Tigers!Blair and a Tohu that looked lost without the Storm set up.

Reactions: Tragic

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings