General Warriors May Throw Guttenbeil Lifeline

warriorfaithful*_old

Man it would be funny if awen came back after all his farewells and his testimonial and stuff. But it would be awesome to have him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Kimmy*_old

warriorfaithful* said:
Man it would be funny if awen came back after all his farewells and his testimonial and stuff. But it would be awesome to have him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah would be hell weird..but i'd welcome him with open arms!!!

Tbh I can't concentrate atm so i wasnt really listening to what they were saying..so i stopped halfway through..

warriorfaithful*_old

Go_The_Doggies said:
warriorfaithful* said:

Tbh I can't concentrate atm so i wasnt really listening to what they were saying..so i stopped halfway through..
Are the nerves of this weeks game getting to ya GTD????? :lol:

*Kimmy*_old

warriorfaithful* said:
Go_The_Doggies said:
warriorfaithful* said:

Are the nerves of this weeks game getting to ya GTD????? :lol:
Understatement of the year..plus seeing roy on the news made me even more nervous..highly nervous about tomorrow..

Plus i gotta write an essay..when i cant even concentrate >=(

2big2strong_old

id welcome him back with open arms, however i was kinda getting excited about spending Faumuina's funds on an exciting new player, 250k could buy as quite a talent, such as a ben Creagh, a Ryan Hoffman or a Reni Maitua. but id have no qualms about giving one of our life members a lifeline.

Matrix_old

I think Awen has had his time in the NRL & the game has changed since his hayday The modern lock is fast & skillful almost like another centre eg croker, menzies & greg eastwood with Luck,koopu & anderson they are all more than capable of covering for Awen.

2big2strong_old

Matrix said:
I think Awen has had his time in the NRL & the game has changed since his hayday The modern lock is fast & skillful almost like another centre eg croker, menzies & greg eastwood with Luck,koopu & anderson they are all more than capable of covering for Awen.

you said the modern lock, then mentioned two of the oldest players in the world. talk about contradiction.

btw, welcome to the forums!

Jesbass_old

I don't think we'll see Guttenbeil back, even if the Warriors make him an offer. He was going to the ESL for money, and the clock is ticking. I think he'll sign with another ESL club. Wouldn't it be great if he joined Les Catalans? :D

Matrix_old

I'm talking about the mordern player in terms of a new style of game not their age !!!

KeepingTheFaith_old

If Guttenbeil signs it'd just be for one year. We'll still have a fiar bit of spare cash to spend for 2008. There really aren't any back rowers worth purchasing right now anyway.

Skinny_Ravs82

Jesbass said:
I don't think we'll see Guttenbeil back, even if the Warriors make him an offer. He was going to the ESL for money, and the clock is ticking. I think he'll sign with another ESL club. Wouldn't it be great if he joined Les Catalans? :D

Hehe, back with his best buddy!

warriorfaithful*_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Jesbass said:

Hehe, back with his best buddy!
Yeah lol. Him and the little general ripping it up once again! :)

cablenathan_old

I think, though I could be wrong, that even if we do sign Awen back, we could have a decent bit of dosh left over, because he would fit under the ten year veteran clause and get a set amount of exemption from the salary cap. Not sure how much it would be though.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Apparently the veteran rule is 8 years and that's been taken up by Koopu.

scottyb_old

he's the best second rower still on the market, so he's definately the best option, but only for one year.

westie stylz_old

Apaarently every player in the comp bar one? has been signed for next year so it makes sense to get Guttenbiel back for a year.

Better to spend all our money and be on the cap than to not spend it and have no Guttenbiel.

We only need to sign him for one year and then when he leaves that money is available for a new signing as players will of course come off contract during the year.

Bearing that in mind though I wouldn't want to be starting him every week. He should be there as back up.

All this assuming of course that he did get signed on for a short term deal.

sliphgrrl_old

Westie, why wouldn't you want Guttenbeil to start next year? This season he was even more reliable than Mr Reliable (Koopu), and I don't think his age should be a factor - there a heaps of other players older than him still running around - didn't Menzies just sign a 3 year deal? he's ancient!

I would like to see him back with the Warriors in 2007 for a 1 year contract, but I do understand that he is wanting to earn as much money as possible in the final years of his career - hence the desire to sign with an ESL team.

*Kimmy*_old

2black2strong said:
id welcome him back with open arms, however i was kinda getting excited about spending Faumuina's funds on an exciting new player, 250k could buy as quite a talent, such as a ben Creagh, a Ryan Hoffman or a Reni Maitua. but id have no qualms about giving one of our life members a lifeline.
I'm pretty sure he signed a contract with the dogs to stay on..yeah he did..so shut your mouth :p:p