Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 6.17.07 PM.png

Any help here?

Someone on Dave Riccios twitter (article writer) asks who is the forward the Warriors have signed.? I wonder if there’s something about a signing in the article??

And I hope we don’t budge. Metro Sydney club with players we want.
We dictate this release. AFB goes where we benefit.
Surely he understands we need to benefit since he’s the one instigating an out of his contract, as unfortunate as his family being ill that’s not the clubs fault as callous as that sounds. If im the Warriors and the three options as it stands is dragons, tigers and bulldogs, I’m trying to get him to go to tigers for what we could gain out of a swap scenario. Be interesting what his attitude is going to be as to where he goes, one would assume he still has aspirations of winning a premiership.

nm, all the info is here.

Newcastle isn’t that far from Sydney.
I get only wanting to release him for legit reasons but at the same time the more options we have the better and they have a couple of middle forwards I’d def be interested in…

Newcastle isn’t that far from Sydney.
I get only wanting to release him for legit reasons but at the same time the more options we have the better and they have a couple of middle forwards I’d def be interested in…
Plenty of those Sydney clubs that have great replacements too, interesting manly not listed whether that’s deliberate?

Plenty of those Sydney clubs that have great replacements too, interesting manly not listed whether that’s deliberate?
True and I guess the player we get doesn’t necessarily have to come from the club he goes too.
Cnk / Walsh wasn’t a straight swap- just a deal that worked for all parties.
In saying that he does give us a bit of leverage with those Sydney clubs if they do have someone we’re interested in.

True and I guess the player we get doesn’t necessarily have to come from the club he goes too.
Cnk / Walsh wasn’t a straight swap- just a deal that worked for all parties.
In saying that he does give us a bit of leverage with those Sydney clubs if they do have someone we’re interested in.
I think it is unlikely that we get a swap player from whatever club AFB ends up going to. More likely to get a player or maybe two from other clubs who can't afford the upgrade on good underpayed players?

Someone on Dave Riccios twitter (article writer) asks who is the forward the Warriors have signed.? I wonder if there’s something about a signing in the article??
It's nothing, the article just says we're looking at trying to sign a like-for-like player, that guy is asking who it is.

I think it is unlikely that we get a swap player from whatever club AFB ends up going to. More likely to get a player or maybe two from other clubs who can't afford the upgrade on good underpayed players?
It sounds like the dragons have a bit of money but it could be that players need to be shifted on for AFB to be fitted into where ever he goes to. That could be a swap scenario or whatever club he goes to could release someone which in order to get that player forces another club to release someone else and so on. However it happens, the same outcome stands for the Warriors that they need worthy replacements. With a concession that it’s very unlikely he’ll be at the club for 2025, it could be that the club already have replacements lined up if they’ve given it the ok?

Back